Author Topic: " A recollection of times past".  (Read 2765 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
" A recollection of times past".
« on: March 25, 2018, 02:16:43 AM »
  Hi. This is ol'Chadly. As stated in the topic heading, I am remembering old times, (not good for the most part). 25 years ago when I was 15 I got drunk, happy go lucky drunk, fun if you will.  I was at a cousin's wedding and my dad gave me the first beer. (ok, maybe that does not make him the man of the year, however it was very cool for me a dip-ship teenager who had NO IDEA where this would lead.  After this celebration I continued school and maintained a 4.0 grade average. But hell I liked the buzz of the beer and later other natural remedies, that one could find at 15....and later.  I was gifted to go to college, however that was one GIANT indulgence in liquid and homeopathic medicine if you catch my drift.   So Yeah for roughly 20 years, I worked, I drank, and did more pharms then Keith Richards.  I Lost everthing, (my job, my wife, my step-daughter, my unborn child, cause my wife that time was addicted to heroin.)  I know this sounds depressing, but after 3 years clean and relatively sober, yes I still have a beer now and then. (gulp)  At 40, which i will be here very soon, it has Sadly taken me this much time to truly listen what my dad told me 30 years ago.  The games Infamous Quests makes, remind me of being a young man, enjoying every moment, and waiting for the next one game to be made.   Please forgive a supporter of you guys, as I know this is depressing. However given the Challenges both physical, mentally, and economically You have reached a collection of people who will always support you, years after Q.F.I., Roehm to Ruin, Fortress of Fire, have past into history.           Thank you Blackthorne, Klytos, and everyone else who made a very cool dream come Light!  Chadly;}
**********Chadly*********************

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: " A recollection of times past".
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 10:31:29 AM »
It's not depressing, Chad. I'm approaching 40 in a month here myself, and I look back on my own failures and successes.  Life isn't a perfect, triumphant straight line.  It's full of peaks and valleys, highs and lows... but if you can work through the crap and get somewhere better, then you've done okay.  I'm glad that the silly things we make here are a positive force in your life.  You just helped me check a "win" box in my own life assessment, so thank you! You've always been supportive and it really does mean a lot.  Thank you.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 08:39:45 PM »
Care bear STARE

feeeeel the looovee!

(hitting 40 does.. stink) but
looking back, is sometimes a double edge sword.
coulda shoulda woulda's

try to use markovian thinking and n - 1
learn from past, 
no regrets
some things turn out shit.
some are fantastical.

I call it the "shit cupcake with sprinkles"
life on earth is about 80% shit, 20% sprinkles

up to you on the rest :)

I say this from jaded eyes as im currently suffering many things,
Kaiser and agorophobia when I used to be dynamic and promoter and tour manager..
ugh

life

PS screw the feds

did you know KAISER added a disorder this year to mental health?
CUD

annibals usage disorder (addiction to marijuana)

ITS NOW A MENTAL HEALTH DISORDER
there goes 49% of USA.

ahem I digress
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 09:47:39 PM »
Oh, he**... you guys are spring chickens. I hit 75 this past Dec, 2017 and my life is chocked full of what ifs, but I guess I'm right where I'm supposed to be. For instance, in high school ran against a guy and beat him in the 100. Years later he was an Olympian. Had a chance to marry into money and declined. Was offered $90 a week to go to school for IBM, nope! After two weeks in basic training at Ft. Knox was offered a trip to OCS, turned it down. Etc, Etc. What if?
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.