Author Topic: water drinking bug from river (hope its not been posted yet or pls erase!)  (Read 4349 times)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV9JDoGcgTs

drinking water from the north of the river brings the skull load icon .. you drink say ahh refreshing and then walk back towards the north and get stuck in the loop as seen on the vid i captured

this happens each time I drink from the north bank but not if I do from the south lol

minor bug for sure
but you cant even load or quit   
only thing is to task kill or close the window if in windowed mode
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
The video you posted is private, so we can't see it.

Is this the screen with the shallow crossing over stones?  Northeast of Volksville?
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
hmm odd thats a public channel!
urmm yep thats the place!

EDIT: now public video!
check some of my bugs ! this is a tester youtube thread for games all bugs some fun, :P

ill turn it to public but it seems you already know abouts it :P

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
I've seen a variation on this where if you click the right place at the right time you can get out of the loop. Also happens outside the thieves guild.
When you're a farrier you need to know these things

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Also happens outside the thieves guild.

You mean in the pool of water in the foreground of the screen?
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
no there's a loop at the stairs, where you keep going down the stairs to the door then up the stairs then down.
When you're a farrier you need to know these things

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
no there's a loop at the stairs, where you keep going down the stairs to the door then up the stairs then down.

Is there a particular action that causes this?  Just trying to figure out how best to report it.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
yea that stair thing happened to me also

forgot what I did other than just walking

as for the place you can click, yea i did notice the skull turn to a sword for a nano second or 2, but i was clicking all over
didnt make it out of da loop :P

simple solution would be to set path returns to zero or standing where the action is vs walking back to said xy. aka if you are on the north and it sends ya on south side of the bank to drink, after you drink you dont move back to the north motion null

its what id do anyway, and did do in a hex edit, but took a long time to figure out even which was what in some places, dont want to bug the game out trying to fix a minor issue lol

so far my tests are working shrug, not a hard fix just canceled out the send back to position arrangement :P

the issue that usually causes these... not always but sometimes, in my experience, has been that the games code says to send walking character (active person) to said location to activate whatever it may be. in this case a cool drink, the bug occurs during the return to previous xy on the map, and it keeps repeating, go back to the drinking spot then return to where you were, somehow it loses the xy of where you were, so it returns to the loop of lets get a drink, wait i think i was up here, lets get a drink..

thats been my exp with most sierra games with similar issues anyway.
as for what causes the drop in the return code, well normally its a bad path to the xy return so the code cant seem to find a way back to the position, then it thinks oh .. yep! there it is,.. wait... uhmm no.. return to drinking spot! etc.. and continues forever..

hope that helped ya mydrdin,  and feel free to correct me on these issues, im only a lowly old tester, not a newbie fancy guy,
:P
have tested for ubisoft and telltale and yep sierra for a while in the day, but nothing recent, strongbad was my last game with ttg :P
hehe love that character

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
If he was on the north bank and clicked on the water Roehm walked over a the region to cross the river, because the drink command was blocking it did that first then ran the region command to cross, because on the walk back he crossed the south bank region it activated that one in turn. So it became an endless loop.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
cheers that was a more simplistic answer!

love ya guys keep kickin rear and thanks for all the replies and support

and the kick bum game(s)

I kept hoping to see an arrow fly from out of the screen to hit someone saying "message for you sir"
lol maybe thats how the skeleton died :P