Author Topic: The Quest For Infamy Companion (Strategy Guide/Art Book/Hint Book w/Decoder)  (Read 56231 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Yeah, I really love all the physical stuff we had made up; it's really awesome, but distributing it is another separate, full time job.  We definitely underestimated that part when we did our first kickstarter. 

I can see why Telltale discontinued it, though I suppose now with the level of success and income they have, they could afford to outsource it.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Sven_Q45

• Villain
  • Liked: 45
    • View Profile
I was very dissapointed when they closed the store at TTG.
Well Deadalic for example sell all their merchandising about another company now. Als DoubleFine about Fangamer. But I think they want a lot of money for it?

@Blackthorne
TTG doesnīt have to worry about such things thatīs right. 8) Sadly they doesnīt make games for me anymore. :(

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
Just downloaded the digital copy of this wonderful book !   :)

Instead of blowing my monthly page allotment at work by printing all 124 pages on the color laser printer there, I'll just have to wait for the hardcopy to arrive in the mail...   ;)

Seriously, this is a jewel, and I cannot wait to put it up on my bookshelf...

...and then promptly take it back down to begin reading & re-reading the heck out of it !!!  ;D

Thanks to everyone involved with this project: all the fine folks at IQ, and the generous contributors to the Kickstarter.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
caaaannnnt waaaaaaiiit

muhahaha

oh man oh man
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
The books really came out nice; we're sending more out every week - yours should be out soon, guys.  Kal, did you get a digital copy?

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
noper no digi copy :(
checked all emails too!

shoptroll

• Lackey
  • Liked: 27
    • View Profile
Hey Shoptroll!  Yes, I'm still shipping things out; did a bunch this week already, and I'm doing more next week.  Should be a few more weeks, but it should be all out by then! Whew!

Hooray!  Is there a way to find out when I need to start panicking that I haven't received my copy?

(Was very happy to see the digital copy email from backerkit too!)

Count Leaves

Same procedure as last year, so quoting myself:

Any news on the companion? When it'll be released?

Still the companion hasn't arrived on my doorstep. I backed via backerkit, Payment has been processed on 20/09/2014. As a bavarian beekeeper I'm a very patient guy (and appreciated the bee references in QfI very much!). I fully understand raising a kid consumes a lot of time. You have my understanding for the delays in shipping, even when then they are measured rather in months then in weeks.
But: My patience isn't infinite. I am one of the last backers on backerkit. IIrc there were about 700 backers. It cannot be too difficult putting a couple of books in an enevelope a day.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
so far im not sure the order # matters

seems no one has gotten anything and ive asked bout 100 backers. no one has gotten a thing. :(

worried mucho

Count Leaves

Deleting unpopular posts is an awesome way of communication. Not.

I posted this link which you deleted with my post:
https://www.amazon.com/Quest-Infamy-Companion-Steven-Alexander/dp/168222189X

The companion is available from Amazon.com. "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com." So no 3rd party seller via market place.
I backed 35 USD including p&p via backerkit and got nothing yet after more than two years.
These are absolutely bad business practices.  I want my money back. 

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
Hi! I responded to you in a PM.  Just to clear it up, though, it IS print on demand when you order from Amazon.  The company that I had the books printed with lists it on Amazon, and each one is printed to order on there, unless it's bought used.

I looked here and saw a lot of third party sellers - https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/168222189X/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=&sr=

A lot are selling new, which is odd, as I wonder where they got these from.  I wonder if some backers gave these book brokers their copies.  Because the only copies printed up in mass are the ones currently in my house!

Bt

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
thats.. odd bt very

selling new..from users via .. waaahh
urmm odd!

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Well ok, if amazon is selling guides on a print for print basis, I'll buy one for 20 bucks, however I'd rather give Blackthorne and company the money period! :)  Chadly.
**********Chadly*********************

Count Leaves

Hi,

First of all: I appreciate your work.

Hi! I responded to you in a PM.  Just to clear it up, though,
You should have written that PM in 2015, when I first asked where my book is.

it IS print on demand when you order from Amazon.  The company that I had the books printed with lists it on Amazon, and each one is printed to order on there, unless it's bought used.
I know what print on demand is. I sold my first book that way. By the way, I sent out 500 books by mail myself. Tell you what, it was a great relief, when the pile went away and I could see the floor again.

I knew you were doing print on demand. No real publishing house makes this sort of books nowadays. Print on demand became obvious, when you wrote that the first batch had quality issues. It's really odd that pre-ordered items aren't sent out, but customers are able to purchase via amazon.com. 

Really I'm a very relaxed man. My bees taught me patience. But after all that excuses of yours I don't believe you anymore. As a response to yesterdays PM I set a time limit. If I get my book by then, everything will be fine. Otherwise we will have to talk about a refund.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
just curious
you only backed for the book?
or did you get other items?

like im waiting on like 2 of everything, cards x2 calendar , hoodie, retail qfi hard box, hard cover book etc
not trying to send harsh vibes just curious, if you had other stuff or just the companion.