Author Topic: Fireflies bug?  (Read 2266 times)

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
  • Liked: 22
    • View Profile
Fireflies bug?
« on: April 22, 2020, 08:36:37 AM »
Replaying. I have caught fireflies at night and released them the next morning. Then I realised that I forgot to buy a teleport pill before going to Tyr, so I restored previous night's game. And now I can't release the fireflies! I only get a message of "That didn't do anything useful" when clicking them on the darkness. It seems that when the firefly jar is not the last item, this bug occurs.
1000th replay of this section...  :'(

Edit:
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Now even if I return to the previous evening and go to the swamp to release the fireflies on the same night, I get this message. Please help me! I don't want to start from scratch again!

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
Re: Fireflies bug?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 09:00:55 AM »
Replaying. I have caught fireflies at night and released them the next morning. Then I realised that I forgot to buy a teleport pill before going to Tyr, so I restored previous night's game. And now I can't release the fireflies! I only get a message of "That didn't do anything useful" when clicking them on the darkness. It seems that when the firefly jar is not the last item, this bug occurs.
1000th replay of this section...  :'(

Edit:
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Now even if I return to the previous evening and go to the swamp to release the fireflies on the same night, I get this message. Please help me! I don't want to start from scratch again!

Have you tried clicking the jar+fireflies on Mr. Roehm instead of the darkness at the screen immediately north of where you found Hobbs?

I never came across this in any of my testing of versions 1.0 & 1.1.2 (usually I had problems catching the fireflies, not releasing them), so I honestly can't say this is the fix -- unfortunately, I'm not at home to test this  out at the moment...   :(

OR, since you released them during the day in the swamp without problem, perhaps you aren't meant to release them at night?  Can you release them the next morning, as before?

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 10:30:04 AM »
Have you tried clicking the jar+fireflies on Mr. Roehm instead of the darkness at the screen immediately north of where you found Hobbs?
Yes. Same result, if I remember well.
OR, since you released them during the day in the swamp without problem, perhaps you aren't meant to release them at night?  Can you release them the next morning, as before?
NO. It began with not being able to release them in the morning and then it expanded to any reload.

I'll try from an older save, before catching the fireflies, but it means having to go back through a large part of day 3. :(

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 11:56:30 AM »

I'll try from an older save, before catching the fireflies, but it means having to go back through a large part of day 3. :(

Until Blackthorne checks in, that might be your best bet...  Sorry!   :-\

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 01:01:32 PM »
Sorry for bothering you. It was no bug after all. I was sure that I got the message confiming that I caught the fireflies, but I didn't. It was a jar with glowing fungus only and I didn't notice it.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 04:12:26 PM »
Sorry for bothering you. It was no bug after all. I was sure that I got the message confiming that I caught the fireflies, but I didn't. It was a jar with glowing fungus only and I didn't notice it.

No bother at all -- glad it worked out.  We are here to help on this forum.   :)

In fact, I recently sent Blackthorne a bug that wasn't actually a bug (I had overlooked a subsequent item in my inventory), so I know how you feel...   ::)