Author Topic: Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok - v1.1 now available  (Read 41302 times)

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1039
    • View Profile
Re: Heroine's Quest - trailer + voices preview video
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 05:59:27 PM »
Yes, the project is getting very close. But it'll still be a little wait to iron out all the bugs and get the balancing right.

We do this in our free time as a hobby, and we want it to be free so that anyone can download and enjoy it. It's definitely been a lot of work, and certainly a labor of love for Corby, the art lead.

Plus, who doesn't like Norse mythology? :) I actually learnt quite a bit about Viking myths while working on this!
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 08:52:30 PM »
Plus, who doesn't like Norse mythology? :) I actually learnt quite a bit about Viking myths while working on this!

Very true!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 03:15:53 AM »
here here, Norse mythology Rocks
When you're a farrier you need to know these things

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 10:31:04 PM »
I think I saw a Paypal link for donations, and I plan on putting a little something in, at the very least.  So much time & effort has obviously gone into it and it looks & sounds really awesome.  I love me a female heroine too (good OR evil).   I can't pronounce the names of any of the characters or locations but that makes it all the more intriguing... :P

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 11:56:37 PM »
You got a link you can post?  I'd be tempted to pitch in a few buckazoids, myself.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2013, 10:56:17 AM »
There is a Paypal link at www.crystalshard.net (plus other games!); and the same button has now also been added to the Heroine's Quest website: http://crystalshard.net/hq.htm

Main thing for us is that people enjoy the games we make :)
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2013, 02:46:12 PM »
Thanks for posting the link!  :)

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2013, 02:50:03 PM »
Damn, I was afraid they'd be using PayPal.  Oh, well.  I'll make sure to spread the word about it, at least.  ;)

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2013, 05:41:54 AM »
You can now make your own boxes/DVD cases etc for HQ, and just in case you need extra incentive, we're holding a small competition where you can have a cameo sprite in the game :)

Join the Heroine's Quest box contest, and win a cameo in the game!

(1) Download the box art for the game from http://crystalshard.net/dls/hq_boxart.zip
(2) Print one of the box art images, and use it to make a DVD case, CD case, or actual game box for HQ.
(3) Take a picture of it in suitable surroundings. What is fitting is up to you; you could find a snowy landscape to place it in, or cosplay as a troll holding the case, or create some fan art and place the case to the side, or anything else you can think of. Be creative!
(4) Post the picture in the AGS forums in this thread. Otherwise, if you have Facebook, please put it in our FB group, and link to it from your own Facebook timeline or wall.

The deadline is October 16th (23:59 GMT). After that, the Crystal Shard team will act as judges to determine the three best entries. The three winners will get a cameo in the game: describe what your character should look like and we will place it in Heroine's Quest. One cameo is alive and well, one is imprisoned, and the last one is dead (because hey, the game is about Ragnarok). The cameos are not hidden; a player is likely to come across them in a normal playthrough.

The first price gets first pick and an animated cameo; the other two are static. Your character must be suitable to the environment, so e.g. robots or ninjas are not an option; and note that this is
a cameo, not a moving or speaking role. By submitting a picture, you give us permission to use it as promotional material on e.g. our website; we'll include your name if we use it. Crystal Shard retains full rights to the game, including the sprites used for the cameo.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2013, 11:09:34 AM »
What if you wanted to be a robot ninja?  :P

Seriously, though, great idea for a contest.  Good luck to those who enter.

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 04:24:58 AM »
Just in case anyone is interested and may have missed this before - there's less than 3 days left till this ends, so get your photos in before the 16th October in order to have a chance at one of three available cameos in HQ!

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2013, 01:11:15 AM »
Damn, my photoshop/dvd skeelz are teh suxxors unfortunately!

Awesome contest but unfortunately I suck as hard as Miley Cyrus at the requirements for it!  ;D

Blake00

• Lackey
  • Liked: 35
    • https://www.youtube.com/c/BlakesSanctum
    • View Profile
    • Blake's Sanctum
Heroine's Quest Update
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 10:08:12 AM »
Getting very excited about this QFG style game! :)

this part sounds really cool (Elder Scrolls like):
"Characters aren't always stationary in the one place, and often move to other locations during the day. You can even follow them from room to room! This brings a lot of life and realism to the cities, and is not commonly seen in adventure games at all!"

http://www.indiedb.com/games/heroines-quest/news/heroines-quest-find-out-more-about-the-game-and-meet-the-team/#4220783

Blake's Sanctum - Quest For Glory Series:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
Re: Heroine's Quest Update
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2013, 10:33:28 AM »
Yeah, I'm looking forward to Heroine's Quest, too.

KuroShiro

Re: Heroine's Quest Update
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2013, 12:27:58 PM »
Sounds more "Lure of the Temptress"-like than "Elder Scrolls"-like, but that makes me look forward to it more.