Author Topic: Old Sierra game nostalgia  (Read 2350 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Old Sierra game nostalgia
« on: December 01, 2018, 09:42:27 AM »
As the header lists, I recently got a hankering to play old Sierra games from my youth. So I bought them all on GOG.com, and played them in a marathon. Kings Quests, Space Quests, Police Quests, Hero's Quests (oops I mean Quest for Glory), and a few obscure classics like Codename Iceman (frustrating), Gold Rush, Conquest of the Longbow and Finally Conquest if Camelot. It took awhile, but was fun. The 80's/90's was the golden era of adventure games. Today;s game son't even come close. Yes they are graphically superior, better sound, etc, but are limited to FPS or third person. I truly enjoy games like QFI/Order of the Thorne for their homage to the former games snd wisg=h more were made. But that;s just wishful thinking as games have evolved.  Chadly. 8)
**********Chadly*********************

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
Re: Old Sierra game nostalgia
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 12:47:09 PM »
Police Quests are about the only ones I couldn't really get into.

I remember, when playing Conquest Of Camelot, it could easily fail from cache overflow. After finally completing it, I sent a save file to Ken and his significant other, to show I had actually completed the game and the fact that my eyes were square (from staring at the monitor countless hours) and rather crusty. They replied with an apology and hoped my eyes would soon return to normal. hahaha!
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.