Author Topic: Stuck in Tyr for the night?  (Read 10447 times)

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
  • Liked: 22
    • View Profile
Stuck in Tyr for the night?
« on: June 21, 2017, 10:22:19 AM »
I'm replaying the game as a Sorcerer. However, I'm worried about one thing. The Rogue uses the underground tunnels for quick travel, the Sorcerer doesn't. I needed something from Tyr in the night. Now how do I get back out? Am I stuck here? And if I'm stuck, can I sleep at some inn? I don't have the Float on a Cloud spell yet, perhaps it would get me out?
Btw. Other classes can do some illegal business too. I even tried robbing Rayford, but I can't open his chest. Where and how do non-Rogues practice their thievery skills?

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in Tyr for the night?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 12:42:59 PM »
I'm replaying the game as a Sorcerer. However, I'm worried about one thing. The Rogue uses the underground tunnels for quick travel, the Sorcerer doesn't. I needed something from Tyr in the night. Now how do I get back out? Am I stuck here? And if I'm stuck, can I sleep at some inn? I don't have the Float on a Cloud spell yet, perhaps it would get me out?
Btw. Other classes can do some illegal business too. I even tried robbing Rayford, but I can't open his chest. Where and how do non-Rogues practice their thievery skills?

1) I had the exact same question a few weeks ago.  There is no Inn in Tyr, and there's no way to "Float" over the gate.  Spoilers ahead, but all three classes can leave Tyr at night -- you might just have to do some more exploring:

(Sorry about not having a thread title that actually related to the specific problem at hand ["Stuck in Tyr"], rather than the generic "Game Theory / Design Question" topic title.  You might have been able to discern it in the forum threads had I titled it more appropriately.)

http://www.infamous-quests.com/forum/index.php?topic=2119.0

And if you need a map, here are some I made for version 1.0:

http://www.infamous-quests.com/forum/index.php?topic=1519.0;all

There's only three new rooms added for versions 1.1 and beyond -- I _really_ need to upload the updated maps I made for the new versions...

2) There is only one place that the Sorcerer can actually perform thievery like a Rogue and gain Infamy points: the house next to the Blacksmith.  The specific classes in QFI don't allow for a hybrid character like QFG.  The sorcerer will get his money another way...

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 01:27:50 PM »
Honestly, I have no friggin idea why we didn't put an Inn in Tyr.  Maybe we were going to?? Hah.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 02:15:01 PM »
I can't seem to open that door next to the library anyway. And I can't even see my stats growing, so it feels like I'm barking up the wrong tree and not just having too little power.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 04:19:34 PM »
I can't seem to open that door next to the library anyway. And I can't even see my stats growing, so it feels like I'm barking up the wrong tree and not just having too little power.

The door is locked, and unless you're a Brigand at night, the Sorcerer isn't strong enough.  However, he does have powerful abilities other than physical strength...

Spoiler (hover to show)

If you get 'trapped' in Tyr at night, the options to pass the time are:
1. Spend the night with the ladies at the Red Door; or,
2. Simply continue "resting" until it's morning.

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 05:08:17 PM »
Yes, I know it - you mean the Mystical Lockpick spell? I have it, but when I try using it on the door, I can't even see my stats growing, as I said.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 06:58:59 PM »
Yes, I know it - you mean the Mystical Lockpick spell? I have it, but when I try using it on the door, I can't even see my stats growing, as I said.

I'm trying to recall where I did my grinding for the "Open" spell.  I believe it was the screen with Brattle's cabin (the door is locked).

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 08:57:04 PM »
Honestly, I have no friggin idea why we didn't put an Inn in Tyr.  Maybe we were going to?? Hah.

Bt

I thought we made it so you could pass time til morning at the Red Door though.  I know we talked about doing that.

**Nevermind.  Just noticed Goatmeal confirmed that very thing above.  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 06:52:33 AM »
But it costs. I'd rather get no sleep than spend money on something I don't need. Plus, I, as a person, am asexual. Plus I, as a person, am against prostitution (or, more precisely, against johns, not against prostitutes who are just victims of this system) and if I weren't asexual, I would anyway never have sex with someone for whom I don't feel love or other kind of closeness. It's just against my rules.

MrWhitman

• Recruit
  • Liked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 02:55:31 AM »
I don't know if this was taken out of newer versions but my game which is v1.1.1 allows you to just keep clicking the spell in your spellbook and it'll increase your skills.  You don't even have to actually cast the spell, just click on it, go back into the spellbook and click it again.  Keep this up and your mystic power will start to increase.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 03:25:37 PM »
yep that works for some spells

I did test that also!
some areas have lil cheats too where you cast and it just raises no animation is done etc.
almost the same effect.

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Stargazer

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 03:56:32 AM »
Nowhere Girl:

Not sure if you solved this already, but for future references since a lot of people seem to have this problem.

Just for the record:
I'm not to found of the idea of spending the night with the prostitutes either. It's not really my idea of having a good time, not even in a computer game,  so I hope this will get anyone who want to skip that part off the hook(ers). I'm not asuxeual though, it's just not my thing.

So, a few hints on how to get what you need and at same time trying to keep the fun spoiling to a minimum:

Hint 1
Spoiler (hover to show)

Hint 2
Spoiler (hover to show)

Hint 3
Spoiler (hover to show)

Hint 3
Spoiler (hover to show)

Hint 4
Spoiler (hover to show)

Hint 5
Spoiler (hover to show)

Hint 6 (this one spoils everything so beware)
Spoiler (hover to show)

Good luck!

Stargazer

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 06:23:33 PM »
oh yep that pill

rgr

there are .. other ways though. :)

Stargazer

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 05:17:23 PM »
"Nothing is larger than life!"
Cecil B. DeMille

PS
"Quoting someone else just proves that you have nothing to say."
Oscar Wilde

;D

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 09:01:25 PM »
@Stargazer
I think you and I will get along JUUuuuuuust fine :)

do you know where my quote is from?
technically two places but...

on a side note I never liked oscar wilde
but

"to each his own"
Shake Sphere Big Macbeth