Author Topic: Bugfreeze: Kraken's Pool  (Read 5037 times)

merryjest

Bugfreeze: Kraken's Pool
« on: July 27, 2014, 05:19:56 PM »
Greetings, infamous ones:

I have to say I simply -love- your game so far, excellent title.

However, I have an issue with the underground lake where the Kraken is supposed to appear. I am a sorcerer and I'm trying to get the Kraken's lungs after the Necromancer inflicts her geis on me.

I finally was able to locate the underground pool, but every time I run up to the shore, the game freezes.
Or, rather, becomes stuck. The cursor changes to the blinking skull icon and the menu greys out... it is clear that the game is waiting for an event to trigger, but the event never triggers. Mr. R simply spends minute gazing into the Kraken's pool like the lazy bum that he is- and the only way I can get out is by Task Manager-closing the game.
Restoring from a save point right before the pool always brings about the same consequences no matter what.

Help!

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
Re: Bugfreeze: Kraken's Pool
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 05:40:30 PM »
Hmmm...

We caught this bug shortly before release, and I can't seem to replicate it currently.  Can you tell me what platform you are playing on?  Also, did you do anything else in that room?  Perform any spells, etc? 

I would recommend restoring your game and going back to the bank and coming out to see if that resolves the issue as it was a work around for a different bug that was caused by a timer (which i think this may be).
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

merryjest

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 05:41:43 PM »
I'm on Windows 8, 64 bit... but I think I found something out:
I decided to play again from the save game a fourth time, and this time it appeared... but I did something different. Every single time that I entered the pool, I would just go straight to the water and freeze. This time, I looked at the pool, I looked at the cavern, then I looked at the railings... THEN I walked forward to the water... and the Kraken appeared.

I'm not sure if any of that had to do with it.

merryjest

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 05:45:26 PM »
UPDATE: Alright... bizarre. I restored from the previous save file once again (I saved my game after I killed the Kraken because...) and now, just going up to the water, the Kraken appears without any problems.  So I have no idea what caused the glitch-- only that I was able to replicate it several times from the same save game... and then nothing... I'm sorry :/

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 05:58:35 PM »
Chuck, if he was able to walk around in the lake room, then it's something different than the bug we caught before release.  That bug caused an infinite skull icon as soon as you entered the screen.  This one happens when you actually go up to the shore to trigger the kraken rising animation.  I suspect it still may be a timer issue, but it's likely not the same timer that caused the earlier bug.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 07:24:18 PM »
No lamb, th one before release we could walk.  It only happened when tge kraken was supposed to animate.  I have some ideas though.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 09:21:24 PM »
Thanks for the help, Maus!!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 10:47:55 PM »
There's no timers in this room, certainly not with this sequence. It's a simple region to stand on which has no "else" statements in it.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Nanuaraq

• Recruit
  • Liked: 7
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory I - Ega
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 10:03:48 AM »
Dont know if this has been resolved yet, but found it on google when doing a search, since I have the same issue in my game.

I have a save game where R is standing at the lake, before meeting the kraken. This happens:
If I walk up to the lake, the game freezes (infinite blinking skull icon).
If I walk out of the room, then back again and up to the lake, freeze.
If I stay in the room, look around everywhere, then walk up to the lake, freeze.
If I walk out of the room, then back in, and then look around everywhere, no freeze.

Thought ya might like to know.

Edit: Game is running on WinXP

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 04:42:48 PM »
i ran into a NEW bug in this location,
i posted it already, its when you click the water, then the animation repeats 2 times,
then you harpoon, and whats odd is, if you click the water again.. kracken is alive and kills you

strange  about it not popping up, you can get him to even without the quest.. which is odd

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"