Author Topic: Favourite (Unintentional???) Film Moments  (Read 4752 times)

Adventuress

Favourite (Unintentional???) Film Moments
« on: December 13, 2018, 11:19:33 PM »
Zero spoiler alert required, IMO.

Pirates of the Caribbean, when the Nemesis Capt Salazar tells us all of how a young Jack Sparrow got his first ship YET earned his derision.  No doubt everyone has already seen this movie. 

What I really like about it, from a fictional POV, is that WALK & sideways look that Jack did after the ship's improbable 360 degree "bootleg" maneuver.  Yes, one could (and should) have the empathy for that Spanish Captain.  But, IMO, it is so cleverly portrayed that Jack the young pirate actually looks like a hero. 

Here are the links (yes, two, and sorry that I couldn't put it all in one).

Intro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imE8SL51f_I

"... their retched flags would no longer see the sea..."

Part 2 & What I am talking about Scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTN_7iFKURk

I don't imagine that I am laying down here anything that you folks haven't seen.  But, I *am* a newcomer here.  And, I have mostly the same stats" as I suppose that most of you have.  I have noticed that some really big members have been trying to do a revitalization of this site.  And, I think that it is worth it!  I hope that this topic is worthy of you all.  I don't expect to see a whole lot of replies.  But, I think that at least most can see *why* I like this back story of Capt J Sparrow.

From my point of view, FINALLY I stumbled upon a bunch of people that I think are alot like me.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite (Unintentional???) Film Moments
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 01:05:38 PM »
Heh, you know, I have yet to see this Pirates movie.  I gotta get on that.

Getting replies on the forum is tough; I've tried to write more here, but even I lapse in that.

Favorite Movie Scenes?

Man, I could probably list 1000.... anytime except for now.  I'm totally drawing a blank right now.  I know I'll think of 8 when I'm not on the internet....

EDIT:

Okay, totally - the film? Alien (1979 - Ridley Scott)

When they first go down to the surface of LV-426 and see The Derelict Spacecraft.  That thing has haunted my dreams for decades.  Even then they tried to "explain" in in Prometheus, I'm still intrigued by what I saw and knew nothing about in Alien.  And going further, when they first find the "Space Jockey".  Amazing.
Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 05:58:15 PM »

I [presciently] discussed a favorite (unintentional???) film moment as a tangent almost 6 years ago in a thread about the Oculus Rift:

http://www.infamous-quests.com/forum/index.php?topic=541.0;all

Man, I miss me some Aladdin's Castle at the local malls...   :'(

When Sam Flynn hit the main breaker switch in "Tron: Legacy" and Flynn's Arcade lit up after all those years with all of those machines coming back to life, and Journey's "Separate Ways" started booming in the background...

...I got chills watching that on the big screen.

Kids today will NEVER know how that feels...

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 10:05:26 AM »
So true, man, I love Flynn's Arcade.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 12:42:33 PM »
The original Tron was great amd so was the remake! Also I enjoyed "Ready Player one" You had to be from the 80's to get all the classic references.
**********Chadly*********************

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 03:30:41 PM »
oddly mine isnt anywhere you can find so to speak

its the DEADPOOL 1 movie
where the couple has sex depending on seasons

now ryan had about 100 of these ideas lined up and ONE ended up on the floor.
it was easter and well, he wore a chicken outfit and ... Cleveland steamer-ed a Cadbury egg onto his wifey (huge easter egg there)

also in deadpool 2, his sword looking down said RAE and in some cuts ARTHUR  that was cool

tons of these intentional non intentional but most are easter eggs (pun and no pun intended)
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 03:33:28 PM »
The original Tron was great amd so was the remake! Also I enjoyed "Ready Player one" You had to be from the 80's to get all the classic references.

personally  I thought ready player one was OVER saturated   to much to fast to  icky
cameos are cool, but like 200 in a movie hells no

this is why Pixels failed. even though it shoulda been great

original tron is the only tron,  i tried hard to love the new one but .. it lacked any story base other than the intro into the arcade.
it didnt match the first tron either. so if you are a fan it sucked, or was bad.  it like watching any remake these days

ghostbusters anyone?
my daughter loved the new one, all female,  but she never has seen the originals  (get my drift)  no not Tokyo drift, thats a bad std

hugsss

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"