Author Topic: SpaceVenture a Two Guys Game  (Read 3666 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
SpaceVenture a Two Guys Game
« on: November 25, 2018, 08:50:23 PM »
Hey all.

Anybody else wondering when and if this game is coming out. This game is nearly 7 years in the making, and im wondering if it will be all that was promised.  I loved the Space Quest games by Sierra and Scott Murphy/Mark Crowe a.k.a. The Two guys from Andromeda.  While this game isn't Space Quest 7, it is I feel the Spiritual Successor.  Over on their Kickstarter page comments from backers have gotten REally Nasty. Here are some of my thoughts: 1) What was Scott Murphy's involvement? Did he write the story and dialog? He has been absent from any updates for years. Apparently the poor guy has major health issues. 2)Updates are few and don't say much. 3) some backers are so frustrated that they are now rooting for this game to fail, sadly. Me I just want the game to be released.  Any thoughts??                       Chadly. :) 8)
**********Chadly*********************

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: SpaceVenture a Two Guys Game
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 12:01:25 AM »
I'm confident it will be released. The updates might be few and far between but the last ones have talked about recording the voice work which means the game is done.

Scott's involvement I'm not sure. He never wrote the games in the first place, Mark did the designs for the most part, so I assume that's the same with SV. I know he's battled cancer during the development so I can only assume that's a major reason for his low profile.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 08:21:53 AM »
Yeah, the game will be released, for sure.  I'm friends with people who have worked on it and play-tested it.  If anyone understands budget problems and long development times, it's me haha.  But yeah, it'll be finished and released.

Shawn covered my own inferences about Scott's involvement.  I do know that he was not only very sick, but had a very big personal/family issue during development too.  The comments section on Kickstarter for it is a wasteland, there's some really nasty people over there who are just bitter and angry and taking it out there.  The game will be released someday, people will either like it or not, and maybe those people will bitch to each other in a circle jerk for a little bit, but then it will be done and this will all fade into obscurity.  Such is the nature of some such projects.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 09:31:09 AM »
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 08:22:38 AM »
They just recently recorded a bunch of dialogue from the voice actors that were promised and interviewed for the podcast before the project started within the past couple months. It's def happening.

Scott was involved in writing the entire plot and the beginnings of the actual game at the very least. That's what Chris Pope said, anyway. Then he fell on hard times health-wise. Good excuse as any.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 10:08:26 AM »
Ok. That's good to know. It be nice if they posted that. I feel terrible what nasty backers have said about the project and the Two Guys. Plus it;s just Fucking terrible to tear down a man who has had personal problems/cancer.  I just want the game to be good and come out. And I wish Scott all best in his fight with prostate cancer,  Chadly.
**********Chadly*********************

shoptroll

• Lackey
  • Liked: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 09:20:43 PM »
I'm pretty confident it'll come out as well.  Games take time and being one of the earlier KS projects I think they vastly underestimated how long it would take with the resources they had (which seems to happen to nearly every video game kickstarter I've backed).  Unfortunately, most people either don't know or don't care to learn about how games are made which is why so many KS comment sections get toxic after a long period of time.  Like other people have said, that they're doing voice acting recordings is a good sign they're in the home stretch so hopefully it'll be out sometime next year.

I'm not expecting anything mind blowing, but this is my first Two Guys game so I'm looking forward to it.  I'm really hoping they manage to connect with an audience for it.