Author Topic: Dragon*Con 2012  (Read 7118 times)

Monster

Dragon*Con 2012
« on: August 29, 2012, 09:03:16 AM »
Just wondering if anyone here will be attending Dragon*Con this weekend.  I will be there, and I'm hoping to have a lot of fun.  I've been working on a costume for the event, rushing to get it done by Friday.

Anyways, just thought it would be cool to see if anyone else would be there.  I'll be on the lookout for fellow Adventure Gamers, telling them all about cool projects like Quest for Infamy and the School for Heroes.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon*Con 2012
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 09:23:05 AM »
Just wondering if anyone here will be attending Dragon*Con this weekend.  I will be there, and I'm hoping to have a lot of fun.  I've been working on a costume for the event, rushing to get it done by Friday.

Anyways, just thought it would be cool to see if anyone else would be there.  I'll be on the lookout for fellow Adventure Gamers, telling them all about cool projects like Quest for Infamy and the School for Heroes.

Man, I would love us to be at this.  Next year, we're going to try to be at a con.

Have a good time, man - and thanks for spreading the word!  You can tell 'em to visit www.questforinfamy.com - and if they donate and mention they were at Dragon Con, I'll give them a special bonus reward.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Monster

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 10:03:20 AM »
You can tell 'em to visit www.questforinfamy.com - and if they donate and mention they were at Dragon Con, I'll give them a special bonus reward.
Sounds like a plan!

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 12:33:39 PM »
Good ole Dragon*Con.

Went to Dragon*Con when I first moved South in the mid-'90s...  A shame I haven't been back since!

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 12:16:12 PM »
It's awesome that the QFI fanbase is represented at most of the major conventions.  Intendant S went to Indy GenCon and had a blast!

So... today is the last day of Dragon*Con...  How was it?  Cosplay images, please?  Share with the class, Monster!
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 02:25:41 PM »
haha!  Yeah, let us know!  We did get a few donations this weekend, too!  Tell us how it went, Monster.  And, yes, of course - share some pics if you can.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Monster

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 04:43:46 PM »
OK, here are a couple of pictures of my costume.  A quick take on the Prince of Shapier.

Lots of fun to make and wear.  I plan to improve it with time (shorten the length of the vest, add cuffs to sleeves...).  It was awesome to dress as the main character of my all time favourite video game.  Back when I originally played the game, I was about 10 or 11.  I had grown beyond the costuming practices of my early childhood.  Now as an adult, I recognize that this is the costume I would have wanted during that time.  Felt good to put it on.

I did get to talk to a good number of people about Quest for Infamy.  People seem interested in the idea, and I hope you guys get some more donations.  I was hoping to attend some panels about indie game development, but there were very few such panels.  More time to talk it up with people, though, and snap some pictures.  Unfortunately, I didn't get as many pictures this year, and many of them came out blurred.  Either way, lots of great costumes, great people, and great times.

I'll probably return next year.  This was my 4th.  I'd also like to attend a ComicCon at some point, or an indie gaming specific convention.

Broomie

• Chief Administrator
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 581
    • https://www.facebook.com/brooomie
    • broomie
    • https://twitter.com/jbroomie/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/JBroomie
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 05:18:03 PM »
Haha, very awesome.

Really appreciate you taking the time to spread the word about Quest for Infamy. Maybe next year you could dye your hair and beard brown and go as Roehm. ;)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 06:10:35 PM »
That costume is awesome!

And, seriously - like Broomie said - thanks for spreading the word about Quest For Infamy.  We really do have the best fans - it's your enthusiasm, encourage, support, ideas and friendship that are going to help make this game go beyond awesome into amazing.  Thank you!

Bt

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 09:02:46 PM »
OK, here are a couple of pictures of my costume.  A quick take on the Prince of Shapier.
Lots of fun to make and wear.  I plan to improve it with time (shorten the length of the vest, add cuffs to sleeves...).

Awesome!  Did not disappoint  ;D   Thanks, Monster.

I've never been to a gaming or media convention outside of whatever town I've lived in (never a cool town, nor one big enough to support a cool con, nor one at all close to any town cool enough to do).  It's become a strong desire, now.  Also, with a little toddler, we've a number of interesting costume options.

...or an indie gaming specific convention.

Does such a thing exist?
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 11:21:00 PM »
As a fellow cosplayer, I love the outfit.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Monster

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 03:04:09 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Talking about Quest for Infamy was my pleasure, really.  It gave me something to talk about!  But seriously, it's a cool game, and I'm glad to help out in any way.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 03:17:39 AM »
Not many men can pull off a vest and puffy pants combo, but you wear it like a boss.  Nice work, sir.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.