Author Topic: Gamergate- what is it exactly?  (Read 8561 times)

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
Re: Gamergate- what is it exactly?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 10:28:39 AM »
Nobody knows what Gamergate is from.  Neither the protestors nor supporters have any idea what it's all about, they both just enjoy getting in their little jabs at each other and nothing changes and nothing is accomplished. Absolutely nothing.

It's dying, I hope it dies, because everyone is too stupid to do anything about something SO stupid.

Bt
Sounds like the Occupy movement
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 07:15:45 PM »
Nobody knows what Gamergate is from.  Neither the protestors nor supporters have any idea what it's all about, they both just enjoy getting in their little jabs at each other and nothing changes and nothing is accomplished. Absolutely nothing.

It's dying, I hope it dies, because everyone is too stupid to do anything about something SO stupid.

Bt
Sounds like the Occupy movement

Quoted for truth! !!!!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 12:51:39 AM »
http://wiki.gamergate.me/index.php?title=Nathan_Grayson

The wiki is pretty informative.

http://kotaku.com/in-recent-days-ive-been-asked-several-times-about-a-pos-1624707346

http://tmi.kotaku.com/the-indie-game-reality-tv-show-that-went-to-hell-1555599284

Fer the record, I don't mind legit criticism but doxing people really isn't a cool thing to do, even though Zoe Quinn sounds like a horrible person.

http://wiki.gamergate.me/index.php?title=Zoe_Quinn#Locke_Valentine

Unless someone's a child rapist or something along those lines, doxing's really not justified.  She's an awful person it seems but doxing her does make her into a victim and entices neutral parties to automatically sypmathize with her and demonize everyone against her as doxing is attributed to everyone in favor of Gamersgate and it muddies the conversation.

As for the entry, she seems to have an almost endless amount of drama surrounding her.  Anybody who's lived a long life may have had a fights, arguments and disagreements but the level of feuds/drama with her is extremely enormous and deviates far beyond what would be average for the normal person.

From what I've gathered, people who endlessly are surrounded by drama often are the instigators of that drama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1U1cT72JBc

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1039
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 05:34:18 AM »
Has it occurred to you that that wiki is populated by the same people who champion the hate campaign against her?

I can understand if it was Hitler, but this is far from it. Her past is not even relevant. I don't even know if one can properly comment on the evidence there, since a lot of stuff could be taken out of context.

In my opinion, the whole thing is overblown, and the obsession and focus on her is unhealthy and ridiculous. If people don't like what she's saying, they should just ignore her instead of treating it like its WWIII.  If there is a debate about something that is meant to be a social issue, it shouldn't be about what a single person did or didn't do.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 08:16:08 AM »
The guy in question did not review her game. It's pretty blatantly obvious point and very little research, ie. searching the publications website he writes for, shows that. He mentions it in a list of about a million other games, big freaking whoop.

This whole thing has spun in a plethora of directions some of which I agree with and some of which I don't. But the core of what started this, that Quinn slept with someone for a good review, is categorically bullshit.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 01:40:09 PM »
Has it occurred to you that that wiki is populated by the same people who champion the hate campaign against her?

I can understand if it was Hitler, but this is far from it. Her past is not even relevant. I don't even know if one can properly comment on the evidence there, since a lot of stuff could be taken out of context.

In my opinion, the whole thing is overblown, and the obsession and focus on her is unhealthy and ridiculous. If people don't like what she's saying, they should just ignore her instead of treating it like its WWIII.  If there is a debate about something that is meant to be a social issue, it shouldn't be about what a single person did or didn't do.

You know, that is a good point.  The wiki includes lots of links and info though, and it seems fairly accurate imo.  Though it could be wrong and biased very possibly. 

Regardless, who cares about Zoe Quinn either way?  Let the Gamergaters argue with one another on both sides of the issue and let the Internet God sort them out. :P

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 02:46:21 PM »
yea im still really confused about this topic, not that its a bad one just, huh

I mean I understand it but why the fuss? im lost there, ive read lots still I dont get it, just seems like drama, and why talk about that or is it just a funny ish thing? or serious from this forums view

kinda lost which way this is going lol
* Kaldire facepalm
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"