Author Topic: What is the Greatest Metallica Album?  (Read 5186 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
What is the Greatest Metallica Album?
« on: October 21, 2014, 05:46:32 AM »
Hey. What is the Greatest Metallica Album ever?  For me its Master of Puppets!  Best Playing, best songs, etc.  I'm a huge fan and havent seen em in concert in 20 years.  I dont like their new stuff tho, that last album Deaths magnet came close to their old stuff of the 80's and early 90's.  They sold out and ruined napster for everyone but that was going to happend anyway..... >:(
**********Chadly*********************

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: What is the Greatest Metallica Album?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 08:14:33 AM »
Everyone knows the best Metallica album is "Peace Sells.... but Who's Buying?", duh.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 10:08:05 AM »
The one where they all vanished and we never had to listen to them again?
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 10:42:40 AM »
The one where they all vanished and we never had to listen to them again?
That was Pasta of Muppets
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 10:47:21 AM »
Aww dang it, another place where I'm the odd one out. >.> I don't listen to Metallica or any band like that, I'm more of a Daft Punk, funky, jazzy and a little bit of hip-hopy fella.
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 11:45:24 AM »
I listened to all kinds of stuff growing up.  "... And Justice For All" and The Black Album were two I definitely listened to a lot 20 years ago.  I don't really listen to them much at all any more, but I still think "One" is a great tune.

Bt

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 12:23:26 PM »
Aww dang it, another place where I'm the odd one out. >.> I don't listen to Metallica or any band like that, I'm more of a Daft Punk, funky, jazzy and a little bit of hip-hopy fella.

You think that's odd?  Growing up, my interests were:

(1) movie score soundtracks, especially from sci-fi/fantasy movies.  Back in the '80s, however, it was a bleak, depressing time; soundtracks consisted of mainly "pop" songs, with only one or two perfunctory pieces of the score tacked on...

and

(2) comedy recording from the late 1950s–1980s.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 02:35:49 PM »
Ok.  Seems like a struck a nerve with this topic.  Metalicca is a great metal band of the 80's and 90's.  I like them.  Peace sells but who's buying, was i beleive a dave mustaine song from Mega Death. lol.  Anyone remember watching the muppets show from the 80's?  I always liked the two old dudes on the balcony. Waldorf and Stratler.  Heres a great song from my childhood:  My bologna has a first name. its Oscar. My bolgna has a second name its Meyer. I love to eat it every day, cause Oscar Meyer has a way with B-O-L-O_G-N-A!!!!!!!!!!!
**********Chadly*********************

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 03:18:58 PM »
urmm

aka metallica WAS,  not is...

Ive seen them live in back in the day, vs modern,
the black album you could tell was the end for them

anyway I didnt really get into the metallica gig, they rocked live, but later, AHH nooo
noo noo
same with megadeth, just blows hard live, but rocked with sweating bullets :P

but can I even pick an album , nope, just a song here and there, just know when they come on the radio, or ac/dc (unless its big balls which never plays on radio) I just change the channel or pop in a cd)

metallica died with their cutting of the hair,

true death was when their greatest member died
I do know they are quitting due to being to tired, and het... has tinnitus like I do and claims he is just tired

another reason bad religion rocks, been playing since 1979 and still going strong

and greg graffin is pretty close to the same age, sooo no excuses metallica, now go find a job suing people for dling your music off napster (thats when they really lost loads of fans)

pfft sorrry for this troll post, I really did used to not mind going to shows of theirs or listening to anything up to the black album, yes one is a great song for a while but once u hear  it every show, its zzzz
just skip that song...

I did go to one with mc jaggers wife singing the LALAALAAAAAAA it was TERRIBLE, never again..
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 03:22:54 PM »

I still have my daft punk ticket from berkley!
i was SOBER at the show and near the front!
prolly one of the highest budget shows ive been to in my life other than tenacious d in sf...

if you like daft punk dosbox, this is the EXACT show i was at!

40 min of it!!! and trust me, it felt like i was on drugs even though I was 100% sober!
no booze no pot nothing.. this is an acid/shrooms show

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AboZfL4g_kE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AboZfL4g_kE</a>

tickets were 140$  and first come first serve on seats, and  I was right up front near the pyramid,
parking.. well college frat people charged 60$ to park on a driveway !!! until cops said it was illegal lol

I got my ticket free from a friend, still one of the best shows ive seen visually anyway, one guy does the lights one does the music in case u didnt know that..
I remember when daft punk were no bodies and played house parties for 200$..
whooop
no helmets just ugly french faces (no offense to france but those guys are FULGY)

lol

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 03:24:49 PM »
oh sorry urmm
try from this view point for those that dont know daft
look at those lights
btw its like 2000$ per foot for those lights
EDIT : ahh the url time location placement isnt working (go to 14:00 min in!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&amp;v=AboZfL4g_kE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">÷^</a>

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 04:47:29 PM »
I actually liked Load and Re-load.  People gave it shit cause they cut their hair, but they're solid hard rock albums. 

Bt

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 04:51:11 PM »
yea actually the load reloaded they did kinda come back to the old school ways , so yea i did like a few off thems

nah it wasnt the hair lol i was only kidding, just hard to call em a hair band, as we all used to as kids,
hair metal etc

all i keep singing now isnt metallica , its iron maiden  RUNnnnnn tooo the hillllsss

oh that was another great production, eddie hovering over us huge as a 2 story building!
hooah thems were the days

also gwar is wicked fun live, lol