Author Topic: Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok - v1.1 now available  (Read 41292 times)

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1039
    • View Profile
Re: Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok - Released!
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2014, 06:03:28 AM »
IndieDB says 11 900, but we had a mirror up as well, so probably over 12 000 downloads. By comparison, in 2007 when we released ATOTK, it took three months to reach 10 000 downloads.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
Re: Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok - v1.1 now available
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2014, 05:22:06 PM »
Version 1.1 is now available at http://www.indiedb.com/games/heroines-quest/downloads/.

-------------------------------------------

When Heroine's Quest was released in December, it received many positive reactions. As our game was played by many more people than our internal testing team, some issues came to light. We have worked on fixing these, and as the result, version 1.1 of Heroine's Quest is now available. We hope you enjoy this update, and thank you all for your interest and support!

Unfortunately, saved games from v1.0 cannot be used in v1.1, although your completion records can be copied. You'll have to decide whether to complete your game on v1.0 or start from the beginning in v1.1 (or complete your current class in v1.0 and try a different class in v1.1). However, we recommend that you restart if you've made it to Svartalfheim without reclaiming your items from the thieves, or if you've failed too many of the vouches in Munarvagir as a sorceress. These situations may lead to a dead end in v1.0, but they can no longer occur in v1.1. If you have further questions, please ask.

Changes to gameplay (highlight to read):
The control panel now has a button to redefine the keys used for combat.
The game now includes a setup utility that can be used to select window size and toggle fullscreen mode.
Regin will now give Gram only to a warrior heroine, not to a rogue. However, the sorceress can buy daggers now.
You can no longer enter the thieves' lodge by just entering the house and using the sword; that was never the intended solution.
You can no longer advance to Svartalfheim before dealing with the thieves' lodge, because later events assume that you've done this.
Liff will now pay you for extra pieces of willow bark, and Sigrun will pay for varg hides. However, stealing an item and then selling it back to the same character will no longer work.
Brynhild's and Skrymir's dialog about honor has been changed to clarify that bragging or telling tall tales is not considered dishonorable to a viking.
Use the hotkey 'N' to view the notepad, if you're carrying it.
Hints have been added to several puzzles that people indicated having trouble with.
We've done some rebalancing of the training rates of certain skills, as well as the amount of food and money present in the game.
To prevent dead end situations, certain items cannot be placed in a chest or otherwise abandoned, and certain locations cannot be entered while you're missing crucial items. For the same reason, if you lose Regin's chest you can now retrieve it. Conversely, you can no longer use the figurine to teleport out of certain plot events.
And fixes for every bug reported in this forum, including but not limited to the crystal lock glitch, the rogue's final battle without poison, the game hanging when asking Lithrasir for a drink, Lithrasir not following you to the holt, Aurvandel leaving while you're using the telescope, the crash if you throw too many daggers in the same room, giving the chest to Regin if you already have the quest reward, Sigyn leaving the room too fast, the sorceress not getting points for the mirror image, the 'cheater' death message in the lodge, characters being hidden if you skip visiting the jarl, and Heronus disappearing.

Made cross-class skills more useful (highlight to read)::
Animal Ken: can be used to calm dogs and cats when sneaking around.
Herbalism: increased chance of getting two potions from alchemy, and you now get a scroll that lists all ingredients, and you can steal some of these from other alchemists if needed.
Stealth: increased chance of avoiding random encounters, and you can now capture Heronus with very high skill.
Thievery: warrior and sorceress with this skill can find lockpicks in Thrivaldi's cave, and can join the Lodge with only this skill.
Mead of Poetry can now be used to learn an extra skill.

----------------------------------------------

Soundtrack is also available for download: http://www.indiedb.com/games/heroines-quest/downloads/heroines-quest-soundtrack
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

asianmusicguy

• Villain
  • Liked: 16
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2014, 02:22:53 PM »
Guys I gotta be honest, love the game however what concerns me is the  amount of hoops I have to go thorough just to get a copy
and am very reluctant to download  the new version for this reason can  you please consider hosting a more direct   link and reach out to the community for mirrors instead of file shearing sites
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.  ~Michael Jackson

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2014, 02:38:17 PM »
IndieDB is not a "file sharing site."  It's a completely reputable website that hosts and reviews games.  I got to the download in about 2 clicks by following Fizzii's link above.  All you have to do is be signed in (just like registering for the forums) and it will download automatically when you click the download link.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2014, 02:57:09 PM »
But I should have to be signed in and or redirected anywhere there's a difference between registering because you like the community vs doing so to get a trusted link
just my thoughts though
PS if your not signed it it redirects to game front
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.  ~Michael Jackson

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2014, 03:17:54 PM »
Well you can always not play the game.  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2014, 03:43:05 PM »
but what would be the harm in a mirror that doesn't give sign-ins  or redirects?
it would be greatly appreciated 

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2014, 03:48:10 PM »
I guess I just don't understand the aversion to signing in to a reputable website.  That's just a simple reality of online life.  It's not like you have to install some kind of big Origin-style service on your PC in order to play it; you just have to take one minute of your time to register on the website and sign in.  Once you've done that, there are no redirects.

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2014, 03:58:17 PM »
Its not as reputable to me as say here or AGDI
you guys are a trusted source for example
even the ags page for HQ redirects to various sites
nothin aginst the developers at crystalshard intended its just the mirror set up

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2014, 04:57:20 PM »
Lamb, you do know that IndieDB is a front and by agreeing to their T&Cs you forward all your packets to a third party VPN which is then analyzed by the NSA, but not before your credit card details are sold to Prince Alyusi Islassis of Nigeria? I thought everybody knew that...
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2014, 05:02:39 PM »
Lamb, you do know that IndieDB is a front and by agreeing to their T&Cs you forward all your packets to a third party VPN which is then analyzed by the NSA, but not before your credit card details are sold to Prince Alyusi Islassis of Nigeria? I thought everybody knew that...
lol pretty  funny there guy but yeah more direct links without sign up would be great

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2014, 05:10:02 PM »
There is a mediafire link through here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1748/

We can't host files on Crystalshard.net as it doesn't have the bandwidth and is kindly given to us by someone else. If someone wants to put v1.1 onto a mirror site, they're more than welcome to, but we don't have the hosting ourselves to do it.

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2014, 05:37:40 PM »
that perfectly understandable I am sure many community members would offer if you asked Hell I would if I thought my website could handle the load just ask

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2014, 09:57:13 PM »
Guys I gotta be honest, love the game however what concerns me is the  amount of hoops I have to go thorough just to get a copy
and am very reluctant to download  the new version for this reason can  you please consider hosting a more direct   link and reach out to the community for mirrors instead of file shearing sites

I think you are overstating the problem. Having to register with a website is hardly having to jump through hoops to get a FREE game! To download any commercial game you need to be registered with the site distributing it and still need to part with your cash

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures