Author Topic: Quest for Infamy v2.0 progress thread  (Read 46679 times)

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
  • Liked: 25
    • View Profile
Re: Quest for Infamy v2.0 progress thread
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2018, 07:33:03 AM »
Fantastic! I'm eager to try the new version and if I find some nasty bugs I'll come back and tell you about them. :) Thank you!

edit: one tiny question: Can I simply copy the "speech.vox"-file from 1.2 into the folder to have voices?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2018, 08:17:43 AM »
You may be able to, yes - the voices are taken out of the build at the moment.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
  • Liked: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2018, 08:24:53 AM »
Great, thanks!

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2018, 08:12:25 PM »
It will work but you may find some weirdness - basically if we've renumbered a line or changed a line it might play the wrong file or even not play anything.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

mrprmiller

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2018, 04:51:51 PM »
I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a little while now, and I'd love to see this update come out.  I'm primarily known for speedrunning the Quest for Glory series (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAbGKVH4fHY) and this year I'll be running Heroine's Quest at RPG Limit Break 2018.  Once that's finished, my plans were to head into speedrunning Quest for Infamy (and hopefully do a marathon or two with it), but I'm torn as to whether to wait for v2.0 or go with Steam v1.1.

I know better than to ask for specific dates, but I do need to do a little bit of triage.  At this point, are we talking about weeks, months, or a year before version 2.0?  :)  I'm really looking forward to routing the speedrun, because I've had a blast with casual play.  :)  Fantastic game.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2018, 08:04:57 PM »
If you'd like to join the beta test for v2.0, let me know and you could be playing it really soon.  Still fixing minor bugs here and there, though.  That's mainly the issue - I don't have enough playtesters and time myself to play it to test.  I need 36 hours in a day, and a better source of revenue, hahah.  But seriously, if you want to play the beta, let me know.

Bt

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2018, 08:41:51 PM »
we got you mein!

beeefy cake for life!

Spooooooooon!
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2018, 03:39:14 AM »
Hey, everyone!  Forgive this post, but I'm going to get well above PG13.  What the fuck folks?  I miss the conversations  or discussions we used to have.  Don't blame it on Fuckbook or Twitter.  Once upon a time we used to debate all kind of topics!  Shit!  Christ friends if I wanted to debate all the things that could have been better with Quest for Infamy, (which is none btw) we used to do it here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I miss InfamousAdventures.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Chadly!

P.S.  Do not tell me that site still exists, cause it does not!   8)
**********Chadly*********************

KQ Fan

• Recruit
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2018, 06:58:17 AM »
Hello @Blackthorne I would like to be a playtester for Quest for Infamy 2.0.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2018, 08:56:52 AM »
IA doesn't exist anymore, it's just a redirect to a download page.

I don't blame Facebook or Twitter, it's just that people have moved to them so I really just followed the audience. Unfortunately, only about six people bother posting at these forums. Six awesome people.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2018, 09:01:32 AM »
Yeah, Chad, hahah - infamous-adventures.com is gone.  The website got hacked and we lost most of our data in December... the will to restore it (and the time, effort and financial means to!) aren't there anymore.  We still own the domain, but it re-directs people to download the games on itch.io, as infamous-adventures has been done since the start of 2012.

People just don't engage as much on forums as they used to, myself included.  I can say I definitely had more free time for such pursuits 10-15 years ago!!

Bt

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2018, 10:46:46 PM »
a couple o kidneys
a couple o kids

well yep damn yoooou chronos!

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

shoptroll

• Lackey
  • Liked: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2018, 11:09:49 AM »
If you are still in need of people to help kick the tires (aka beta test) I'd be willing to try and help.  Not sure how helpful I'd be since still I haven't finished the 1.0 release yet.  But there has to be some low-hanging fruit I can help find Ralph Wiggum style right?

Also, I saw the possibility of a dev stream of 2.0 development (or was it for R2R?) raised on Twitter.  I'd definitely be interested in seeing that, if it's not a huge amount of work to do.

gammarayburst

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2019, 07:32:24 AM »
I'll test. I've only completed it once as rogue, and always intended to do the other paths. Are you planning to update to the latest AGS?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2019, 11:51:29 PM »
Yep. It's in the latest AGS now.  Just a lot of small things to find, change and test. The code in this game is delicate because of all the variables, and unfortunately, it's just me working.  In the free time I have.  Which isn't much lately.  Sorry.  I really wish I could work full time on this stuff again.

Bt