Author Topic: Quest for Infamy v2.0 progress thread  (Read 46680 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Quest for Infamy v2.0 progress thread
« on: February 16, 2016, 02:45:24 PM »
Hey guys, I know some of you around here would like this, so I'm going to try to keep this updated with work I'm doing for Quest for Infamy 2.0.

It's not a new game, but I'm cleaning up the code, truing to fix any lingering bugs and get it a bit leaner and meaner than it was.  Today I spent time reprogramming the whole achievements system in game.  We streamlined the process a bit, Klytos and I, and got the code leaner and meaner for it.  It was tedious work, but hopefully it'll work pretty well.  I'm also trying to compile a list of common bugs and errors so I can check those all and test/fix them.

I'll be loading v2.0 betas onto Steam, so if you want to opt in, play and test, you're more than welcome to.  I'll amend this with directions on how to do so once I upload a new build.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
  • Liked: 25
    • View Profile
Re: Quest for Infamy v2.0 progress thread
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 12:43:02 AM »
Great to hear! I'm desperately waiting for 2.0 on itch/GOG as I want to replay your game once more in the newest version. I'm looking forward on the new version. Thank you for the info!

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 04:56:56 PM »
Hey, sorry for pestering, but may I ask if there is a release date for 2.0 or news about the progress? I'd really like to play the game (again), but I'm not sure if I should wait on 2.0 or just go with 1.2...

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 08:47:25 AM »
Are there any news from the front line?

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 03:28:30 PM »
silent airrr hehe

prolly packing up stuff, testing stuff  anddd taking care of family!
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 08:13:17 AM »
So nothing new. That's sad.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 09:12:05 AM »
We're still working on 2.0. It's a slow process because we're also working on Fortress of Fire and Roehm to Ruin but it is progressing. The majority of the process is about bug fixing, there's a couple of lingering bugs there that need squashed. I've optimised the combat a little bit, bringing it more in line with what we originally planned (trying to balance between too hard and too easy turns out to be quite difficult). The main process it's going through is a bit of a streamlining of the code so when we port to tablet (one day in the not near and not far future) it's a smooth process and won't need to be tinkered with again.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 08:37:27 AM »
Great to hear that combat will be more challenging! I'm - as ever - looking forward to the release. Are there any news?

shoptroll

• Lackey
  • Liked: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 10:51:11 PM »
Sounds like the old "80/20 rule".  Getting those last few bugs can be a real nightmare!

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 01:29:19 AM »
Getting things, right is Uber important. I loved Qfi!  It was an old school classic, which one doesn't see now a days. I'm sure Roehm, to Ruin will be short but it's going to of the same class as QFI, and Order of the Thorne.
**********Chadly*********************

loneviking

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 08:02:51 PM »
Hi!

Long time lurker here. Big fan of your games. Is there any chance that the updated version is going to be added to GOG soon? I understand your going to stop making games soon. Just want to see if this update for Quest for Infamy is going to be finished to address the bugs?

Thanks.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 09:39:03 PM »
stop.. making games??

waaahh

noooooooooooooooo  :'(

serena's post was more like
lets hope that saying "most likely" isnt the end..

then n4g said  no more ever..

oh praying thats not true.. sad news gotten weeks late.
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 04:09:19 PM »
Hi there,
I really hate to be such a pain in the ass with my questions for version 2.0, but I'd like to repeat loneviking's question: Will there ever be a version 2.0 for us non-Steam-users on GOG and itch.io? As an owner of both a GOG and a itch.io-version of your game, I have at least version 1.2 from itch.io - but on GOG there is still the quite old version 1.1.1 - may I ask why that is the case?
Thanks for your help

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2016, 04:37:39 AM »
Hi all. I'm saddened by the news that there will be no more games of the quality of Qfi and order of the thorne. Such is life tho. I do look forward to Roehm to Ruin and Fortress of Fire tho.  I still believe that there is a market for these types of games, as many enjoyed them in the past and will continue to do so. If the good folKS of infamous quests don't make them than who will?  I hope this isn't then end of an era, but if so it's been a great 4 years full of fun and adventure, and if your yonder than 20 ypu Probally have no idea what I'm talking about. Long live Infamy and old school adventure games!
**********Chadly*********************

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 07:24:23 AM »
Dear developers,

It seems very obvious that you wont answer me at all, so I give up. I know you are busy, but a simple answer and/or update to the situation (that's what a progress thread exists for after all) would have sufficed. Even if you told me that 2.0 will be cancelled it would have been better than just keep silence.

Be that as it may, I wish you all the best with your talent and I hope you find another way to continue on your vision of making great games. It has been a real pleasure to play your games.

Cheers