Author Topic: Farewell, Telltale?  (Read 9046 times)

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
Re: Farewell, Telltale?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2018, 07:11:41 PM »
all the games whether you liked them or not, did VERY VERY well.

Actually, that's not true. The first Walking Dead game did incredibly well. But everything after that was a constant spiral. They had a lot of praise, but the numbers don't lie. After TWD they never made those same numbers again. Probably because people discovered that it doesn't matter how you choose to play the game, the ending is exactly the same regardless.

Let's not forget the most important part about this whole debacle: my personal vindication after being banned from their forums years ago.

Hahah, I remember that... I got banned in that whole incident, too!

It was that same event that caused me to leave their forums forever. I came back once to check out how they screwed up the forum design using nested comments after the community begged them not to. That was it, though.

I believe that mod later backed Quest for Infamy on Kickstarter...

I couldn't stand that person. A bunch of us went to Double Fine's forums when their Kickstarter for what became Broken Age went crazy...and that person also came along and was modded there as well. Needless to say I didn't hang around there either.

Also, remember when Telltale was going to make King's Quest?  :D

The one good thing to happen out the entire ordeal was that they never got a hold of King's Quest. However much some of you may dislike The Odd Gentlemen's interpretation, Telltale's would have been worse.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Farewell, Telltale?
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2018, 01:39:56 PM »
wish I could like this post

tooo much info to get into

twd outsold most fps shooters that year

but this isnt what im talking about, overhead vs cost vs aww nm

also I disagree about KQ
I think thats how it shoulda been, like a Wolf Among Us. basically was KQ.
and that was fantastic.

"illusion of choice" has existed since sierra, and infocom  really, before precious graphics

as for the mods, i dont know those cats. I knew old real Telltale... and what they stood for, not what they eventually turned into.

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"