Author Topic: What's the status of Roehm to Ruin?  (Read 32699 times)

Kurdt

• Recruit
  • Liked: 3
  • Zen Master of Awesome
    • sideshowcris
    • View Profile
Re: What's the status of Roehm to Ruin?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2018, 12:36:50 AM »
Don't get too comfortable, sweaty. Some of us get nostagic and pop back in on occasion.
Enter hell as if strolling through a pleasure garden.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2018, 06:23:33 PM »
Sweaty? Or did you mean Sweety? I'd not know for sure with you Cris. :)
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2018, 07:03:32 PM »
Pretty sure he meant sweaty, sweetie.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kurdt

• Recruit
  • Liked: 3
  • Zen Master of Awesome
    • sideshowcris
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2018, 01:23:14 AM »
Don't sweat the sweet, swarthy.

Also, how come I had to register a whole new account to shitpost here? Is Broomie still that jealous of how awesome I am?
Enter hell as if strolling through a pleasure garden.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2018, 05:52:39 AM »
Oh, we had some spam problems that I resolved by deleting everyone who hadn't logged in for [can't remember how long]. You must've been caught up in that. It's not like we missed you, I see your sexy ass on Facebook all the time.

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
  • Liked: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2018, 03:47:39 PM »
It's not just here mate, a lot of forums are dead now. Social media has crushed them.
Not accessible to anyone: while I use Facebook "passively" (= read entries), I don't have an account. On purpose: I just hate when it is perceived as almost obligatory, as if only a sociopath (yes, I have seen this kind of "reasoning") could have no account.

After we release Roehm to Ruin, I can turn my focus back to Order of the Thorne: Fortress of Fire and finish that game up.  Still got a lot of story left to tell.
Does it mean that this one is already partially done as well? Because actually, I found the first game really nice. At first I had the impression that it's going to be boring, particularly in terms of graphics - I really think you should add more diverse screenshots on the game's page. But in fact it was much better than I had expected at first, so I guess I will buy "Fortress of Fire" when it's released.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2018, 07:33:18 PM »
rohem to ruin?
after sound recordings (voices)
methinks MOST of the bugs are squashed!

stay tuned lets hope sooon!
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2018, 05:16:41 AM »
It's not just here mate, a lot of forums are dead now. Social media has crushed them.
Not accessible to anyone: while I use Facebook "passively" (= read entries), I don't have an account. On purpose: I just hate when it is perceived as almost obligatory, as if only a sociopath (yes, I have seen this kind of "reasoning") could have no account.

After we release Roehm to Ruin, I can turn my focus back to Order of the Thorne: Fortress of Fire and finish that game up.  Still got a lot of story left to tell.
Does it mean that this one is already partially done as well? Because actually, I found the first game really nice. At first I had the impression that it's going to be boring, particularly in terms of graphics - I really think you should add more diverse screenshots on the game's page. But in fact it was much better than I had expected at first, so I guess I will buy "Fortress of Fire" when it's released.

It's not a personal choice or business decision to move to social media, it's just that's where the majority of our audience is now, so we had to move as well. Personally I much prefer forums such as these, but I'm unfortunately in the minority.

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2018, 03:50:40 PM »
rohem to ruin?
after sound recordings (voices)
methinks MOST of the bugs are squashed!

stay tuned lets hope sooon!
When and where will it be announced?

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2018, 03:55:20 PM »
It's not a personal choice or business decision to move to social media, it's just that's where the majority of our audience is now, so we had to move as well. Personally I much prefer forums such as these, but I'm unfortunately in the minority.
Oh, and by the way - I've forgotten: in case of your Facebook profile I can't even read it. Anytime I access it from Infamous Quests' website, a message appears that I have to log in. Which I obviously cannot do... I can read lots of Facebook profiles, which don't request logging in for just viewing the posts and comments, they would only request logging in if I, for example, tried to send a comment myself. And your profile, unfortunately, requests logging in right at the start...

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2018, 04:44:13 PM »
Hmm. I have no idea why it requires one to to do that.  I don't really use the IQ Facebook Page much any more, either.  Facebook is dying and it's doubly terrible for business or fan pages.  Unless you want to pay for their crappy ads, you get no reach on there.  I use twitter a lot and post a lot of updates there @IQ_Adventures - When Roehm to Ruin is ready to be released, it'll be announced here for sure, with a news/blog post which will cross post on the forums here and on the front page.

Like Klytos said, it's mostly the audience that migrated away from forums, not us.  I like using the forums just fine here, but I also don't have as much time to forum dwell as I did 14 years ago when I really started doing this stuff. Sigh.

Like Kaldire said, Roehm to Ruin is just about done.  We'll be finishing recording the voices and implementing them in the game, a few final rounds of testing and then out into the world to be played by the literal dozens of fans of ours!

Bt

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2018, 06:29:54 PM »
Oh, and by the way - I've forgotten: in case of your Facebook profile I can't even read it. Anytime I access it from Infamous Quests' website, a message appears that I have to log in. Which I obviously cannot do... I can read lots of Facebook profiles, which don't request logging in for just viewing the posts and comments, they would only request logging in if I, for example, tried to send a comment myself. And your profile, unfortunately, requests logging in right at the start...

Unfortunately, it's been like that for some time -- at least about 6 months or so (I don't have a FB profile, either).

I don't believe it was something intentional that IQ did or failed to do to their page -- I checked the page one day and the log-in request started popping up all of a sudden.  Maybe a new switch/trigger that FB installed/instituted during an update?

You should be able to select "Not Now," relegating the request to the bottom ~1/3 of the page.  While it makes viewing the info a bit more difficult, it sure beats joining Zuck's FB.

And as BT said, FB is dying; there are few new posts/comments there anymore, anyway...   :-\

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2018, 01:52:22 AM »
Oh yeah! I see that with Facebook now. On a PC browser (that's all I tried) I could see the top posts then a popup appeared demanding login etc. I'm sure I used to be able to look at public pages without logging in.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2018, 09:48:08 AM »
I really feel as if engagement will move back to forums like this.  I think a lot of people tire of the social media construct, especially on facebook.

Bt

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2018, 02:15:51 AM »
    I really believe that facebook, will go the way of "myspace",  Shit folks after all the advertisements, what is there?.

Granted, lots of folks connect there, however as a old dude who use to use compusere/ Prodigy, (ms)  It is a dying market?  I really believe forums, such as this are the best way for folks that care to communicate and discuss such issues.    As for fans of Roehm to Ruin, or Order of the Throne,   I think it is a few thousands, (not dozens) who can't wait for release. I.M.O.      Infamous Quests Forever~, Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chadly.
**********Chadly*********************