Author Topic: Old license tag  (Read 2558 times)

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
Old license tag
« on: May 02, 2019, 12:02:35 PM »
Several decades ago, maybe in the 1950's, I watched a gangster movie on T.V.
A dying man gave his friend a few hundred dollars, maybe 300, to get him a car, since he never had one.
As the man lay dying in the street, a car arrives with the front license tag CEU709. I sure would like to
find out the movie title in order to relieve this persistent need to know.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
Re: Old license tag
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 12:27:01 AM »
Saintly Sinners did in fact have a rear tag CEU709, but not the movie I was talking about with a front tag. However, the movie is an excellent viewing experience. The license tag CEU709 is a prop used in other movies as well. Thanks for this movie lead which is now part of my personal Oldies B&W collection.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 02:23:56 PM »
It's a free tag number, not subject to any licensing bureau, that obviously A or Any movie producer can safely use.
Can you imagine the first time CEU 709 was used in a movie? What if the original tag were found, I wonder what it would be worth! How many movies used that particular number? To have all of them would probably be a priceless collection.

P.S.

I've contacted Turner Classic Movies and enquired about the particular movie in question. Sure will be surprised if I get a profitable reply.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 07:21:55 AM »
Turner Classic Movies doesn't even have Saintly Sinners, which I found at another source.