Author Topic: A Person's Age.  (Read 12333 times)

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
Re: A Person's Age.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 06:05:58 PM »
I'm 33 and some days I feel like I'm twice that age.   :o
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2015, 01:29:13 PM »
Happy Birthday to ME!  Damn.   Hell its just another day i guess!!  Birthdays Suck :P!  Only good thing about this bday is the weather, as its sunny, and about 6o degrees, here in PA.  With that said, normally it rains and is cold on my day, but i guess you will have that being born in late April. :)
**********Chadly*********************

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2015, 01:39:25 PM »
HB mate!

yea i dont like birthdays
never understood them
you have only ONE birthday, the rest are CELEBRATIONS of the BIRTH day lol
semantics right

anyway i was born in 1977
but my lulu 1979 and she was killed far to early soooo
be happy to be alive mate!

and yea we are getting old, but not there yet!
my kid is just 14 and she ahhhh driving me nuts as a single old dad.
1. her friends are just beautiful, (no no not like that) just means my kid is in trouble for boys soooon ahhhh
2. women things RUN RUN RUNNNNNNNNNN

lol
just be happy to be alive and hope your health and family are ok!

hugs
hb mate!

edit: man what california wouldnt give for some RAIN, soon we will be out of water,  they are already capping the water limit for homes and apts and hotels etc, seriously..
ahh
sun is great but, RAINNNNNNN makerrr make me some rainn
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2015, 01:44:47 PM »
Doing the "neutron" dance, for Kaldire and CA trying to make it rain. ;)

edit:  Thanks Kal!
**********Chadly*********************

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 06:45:21 PM »

Not surprised we're all "old" QfI is a Manly Man's game for the Adventurer Game crowd of ye olden times, it's not a game for the Halo Kiddy crowds.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 07:25:43 AM »
we are men.... men in tiiiiightts

we are men MANLY MEN   we're men in tiiiiiiights

lolol

again 30-33 isnt old, hit 35 its pushing it, 40 over the hill is 40 now,
yea i feel so empty and alone,

bad subject sorry, just to find a new life or love after mine was taken from me after 21 years , at my age, prolly isnt ever going to happen.

like corrigan said, im 37 going on 38 and feel 50-60

i even yell at kids to get off my lawn (and i have no lawn! hehe)  jk on that one
lewis black once said its the old mean people who live forever, so next time a kid is playing on the lawn, yell at him/her
it will be like taking a vitamin! hehe

:(
so old, grr
miss my wife

hug those you love mates n lasses
ya never know

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 10:19:44 PM »
Ya wanta know what old is? Well I'll tell ya:

First the youthful part: I used to go to sleep under a blanket, then wake up the next morning under a tent.
That is far in the past. I'm seriously thinking of changing my name to Ed  >:(
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2015, 01:35:23 PM »
my point was, at least you made it that far

ESP with what you went through serving usa there nameless ed :)
you are here! playing games and well alive!

some people are older than others in reality, but body wise there is even a test now that will tell you how old your parts are body wise.
example

if you are right handed, your right hand is always about twice as old as your left hand is to the body terms, same with the feet and legs

if you smoke  etc.. some parts are older
stress 
a smoker?  8-10 years less you shall live give or take than non smokers, this is the biological age, and no
if you google watch out for the scam sites.

the true test, i wanted to take at UCD (davis) would have cost just under 5000$ usd.
but it maps your whole body,
some 50 year olds are found to have 30 year old parts ..
some 30 year olds are found to have 50 year old parts!

etc

its all how you live, what you do , and how you react to this world
oh and whats done to you... does count too.
just not as much as how YOU take what is done to you..
perfect example.. war... or the terrible rape,.
some get over it or through it some let it anchor them forever and it ages them.

so i saything nameless im prolly about 50's in bio age 
shrug

with that i leave you with the few things most know but ..

Don’t smoke
    Get plenty of sleep
    Manage your stress level
    Laugh a lot and enjoy your life
    Eat a diet rich in fruit and vegetables
    Cultivate your relationships and social friends
    Keep your blood pressure within the normal range
    Avoid excessive alcohol, sugar, salt, saturated fat and processed carbs
    Reduce environmental poisons such as second-hand smoke and pollution
    Exercise regularly, including strength training and cardio for heart and lungs

i bolded the ones i need to start doing. oh and eating nothing but veg does make your bio age younger, already proven on test subjects human ones. BUT, they shrivel up, aka vegan hehe

but they will usually live longer if they dont fall over from lack of protein

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2015, 12:52:45 PM »
Ah cmon... you know about E.D.  :-[

By the way, I've finally arranged a no-hold-barred take-me-by-the-hand walkthrough for Rhem 1. To play the game, you need the actual game disk (it checks for that) and you need at least QuickTime 4 or higher installed. It plays ok in Win 7, but you have to at least set windows resolution down to 800/600 so you don't have to squint at the screen. Rhem 2 - 4 automatically plays in wide screen.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2015, 04:11:04 PM »
nope never heard of ed, only one is special ed or ed from an anime called cowboy bebop
EDIT: 
have you looked into quicktime alternative its called
http://www.digital-digest.com/software/quicktime_alternative.html
let me know how you get the qt games to work, as some games i have to disable videos esp the old qt games prolly due to so many codecs in and out my hd, but never had an issue in the past
also the commandos series  none run on my 3 diff pcs, mergergames has the ip now, and doesnt know how to fix them, yet one guy on youtube fixed 1 of them for mergergames just making his own exe patched for win7 +

anyway lemme know as i have issues with the single games but not the collection, due to prolly proper patching idk

rhem.. classic like myst if im not mistaken,  what brought that up?
need the disk?
urm, do you have the original or the collection (aka rhem the complete collection)
its just 1 dvd

and newer and diff installs and versions

also there are programs for older games, like d3windower, which forces a window and dx8 etc
but u can find res mods all over
for all sorts of games

idk never liked rhem tooo much but its far from a bad series

you shouldnt have to set the windows res to anything  just disable aero as mentioned, esp for these older games
if you are using the torrent or iso/bin  might be another reason..
if using the real one   which version is it  the complete collection doesnt do a disk check it just installs a smaller file that unpacks into HUGE HUGE ones, takes a long time actually

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2015, 08:52:15 PM »
Plain and simple... erectile disfunction  :-X

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2015, 10:02:56 PM »
Hahaha.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

roeadventue32

• Villain
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2015, 07:35:00 PM »
I try to find the old in the new but I will always be basicly a bit retro in my ways of thinking. I really still mostly have the attitude of the time when it comes to art and cultre, I cant help it nor really want to.

My biggest problem is trying new things, I play, view, read the old to a level some of my freinds and family dont get and the hardest thing for me to do when it comes to such things is to try new things.

Yet, sometimes when I do I'm happy I did, like with quest for infamy. You know what they say about assuptions after all. I don really think its about time, its about a way of thinking, and a certain aproch and attitude.

I just dont think most people of today could really make or get certain stories or movies because of there genaration and whats relavent to them, the poular cultre and changes in socity.

So much of the stuff thats turned out no longer apeals to me. Some of this stuff is too streamlined oversimplified, alot of inane surface stuff, a bit nonsensacal and void of any real substance I can relate too. So random. The feeling behind it is not the same. Forget copying a style.

Like with character depth, concepts of indeviguality, focuing on one person or a few people in a fanasy or horor story is often much more effective than mindless groups. You know horror and fantasy can be in atomspher, and implacation. I am only using horror movies as exsampels because its more glaring.

I mean they think gore and vile stuff on its on is horror? It has its place in the genere but ultimately on its own, its simply distasteful, discusting yes, maybe sickening, even heartrenching, but not really scary.

With music too, I just dont get the feeling of those epic balads anymore, the passion, the raw power of the music, I get the feeling of novelty instead, but of another kind.

That said there is some great new stuff, some of it I like others my think very silly, jeepers creepers was good, scary stuff, it did scare me, but part two was utter crap, and thats as far as I went with it.

The room for one more, twilightzone episode was effective, movies with no music scores in some places are more effective.

People are not entirely afraid of the same things anymore you see, they cant relate.

They take a fantasy movie like the laybernth with bowie and make fun of it and thats as far as they get, even if the jokes are sometimes actully very funny, they dont seem to get what was special about it.

That sence with the mori cutist whiping themselves reminded me of a ramstine vid and I admit I cracked up at the repeatitivness of the guy like when he was doing it talking or working away from the library even though it was all lovecratian serious and scary...and doing it in formation lol. Genious.

I also loved the orginal Heavymetal animated musical, it was awesome feel good, funny and cool. Even sad and frighting at times. I like that you used that. I would have liked hummel to have pulled a complete hannover fists.

Being a dark tower and Roland fan I was delighted with the refrences. Roland was the best character king ever made. I even liked old jonas a bit. Long days and pleasant nights? Pure gamming gold there!

Even a dbz reference with the magic user!
I am a one note man, I play it all I can.

Sven_Q45

• Villain
  • Liked: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2015, 06:07:18 PM »
I´m 26 years old. My birthday is not long ago. I had on February the 28th. :)