Author Topic: Critics, who Needs em?  (Read 4798 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Critics, who Needs em?
« on: October 15, 2014, 03:32:56 AM »
Critics and those who tear apart a project, game, movie, or book without givimg reasons why they dislike the afore mentioned are frankly useless.  I am all for constructive critism, but jeez those who bitch just to bitch need to take my Grandmother advice which is: If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all.

Anyone who openly complains about bugs, story, graphics etc in a game should try and do the leg work themselves and see how easy it!  I am not a pro coder, but it is not easy. I remember trying to program in Cobal, Fortran, C++, Basic and others.  It is tedious and time consuming to do at all, let alone right.  As time passes it gets easier, but the baby steps to get there only come with time and practice.  Just a rant here I know, but recently on Kickstarter there has been too much bitching about when a game is going to come out.  Try raising 100K or more than have to hire/spend that money knowing that you dont have the Midas Touch to get more money when you run short on funds trying to fill Backer rewards and such.  So in short I am gratefull to all those who put the time, money, effort into making Quest for Infamy and to they (the developers) will always have my support be it money-wise or just "this game is awesome you should try it."
                                                                                              Chadly :) :)
**********Chadly*********************

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Critics, who Needs em?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 09:11:01 AM »
Thanks Chadly!

I do notice these days - there is some weird kind of dog and pony show going on with a lot of critics, in all mediums.  Like, it's really gotten to be about THEM instead of what they're reviewing/critiquing.  They tend to focus a lot on what goes wrong, instead of what is right and in that decision, they bring a lot of negative attention to themselves, which for some reason, the public feeds on.

Not everyone is like this, but I see the trend in many areas of criticism.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 09:15:55 AM »
There's a small but vocal portion of adventure game fans who I swear actually hate adventure games and everything about them. As Steve said, it's across all mediums now, not just games. I'm a massive Doctor Who fan, as if anyone here didn't know that already, and I get onto their biggest fan forum and every single week regardless of what happened in that episode people are crying the end of the universe because it's ruined everything about Doctor Who for them. I swear their reality and the real universe are two different things.

As a game author, I appreciate constructive complaints, those things we can find and fix, but a lot of the time it's just generic "this game sux" sort of comments. Or, the graphics are crap. Or, $20? What a fucking rip-off for a game, it should be free or $5. Those sort of comments have no basis in reality.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 10:04:53 AM »
God, yeah - Capaldi and Moffat are getting ripped by some for the season of Dr. Who.  It's redonk.

Bt

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 06:52:39 PM »
Yeah, Smith and Moffat got the same treatment in the last few years, Tennant and Davis got it before that. I swear if you have problems with three different doctors and two show-runners then it's probably you, not the show.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 08:50:43 PM »
Doctor who?
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 08:51:11 PM »
Sorry, terrible joke.  I'll go back to not participating in the forums lately.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 12:53:46 AM »
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 10:17:18 AM »
haha i just spit my coffee out my nose laughin hahahha

both to lambo and to dosbox hahahaha ty
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 10:17:59 AM »
Sorry, terrible joke.  I'll go back to not participating in the forums lately.

if ya like dry stuff, and most in this forum seem too
that .. was hilarious lol

XD
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"