Author Topic: Revisiting the five steps to BT  (Read 145967 times)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Revisiting the five steps to BT
« Reply #360 on: March 25, 2015, 12:01:35 PM »
well i tried this

i reloaded outside the library as nameless even had to do
then i just reloaded as the book seems to have some issues,
about 12th time in, the book worked, no missed steps

odd...
onto the bar, but no clue why the book is being picky, or odd.

just a heads up there,
nameless you sure you found the bar last time, it wasnt garr only who found it early, lol
and its just a matter of a timer really, least thats what another user and i did in the end.
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 25, 2015, 01:14:43 PM »
 ???  ???  ???  ???  ???

I'm frikin dyin here. I just can't do it. I think something should be done about the timing issue. So, some information hints about the process has been added.
Oh, please don't have it where everyone has to find those hints (in game?) in order for it all to work.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 25, 2015, 02:57:25 PM »
Kaldire, I'm interested in trying your save outside the library, assuming you didn't previously try typing in anything. Probably won't find the bar but at least can find out why you can't do the book.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 25, 2015, 05:30:59 PM »
Nothing's been changed in 1.1 for the bar; I did add a couple places where you could find some hints on the process, but nothing else has been changed.

Bt
Is it necessary to find these hints in order for the virtual bar to be accessed?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Revisiting the five steps to BT
« Reply #364 on: March 25, 2015, 06:57:03 PM »
Nothing's been changed in 1.1 for the bar; I did add a couple places where you could find some hints on the process, but nothing else has been changed.

Bt
Is it necessary to find these hints in order for the virtual bar to be accessed?

Nope. They're just there to point the way.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 25, 2015, 08:17:28 PM »
???  ???  ???  ???  ???

I'm frikin dyin here. I just can't do it. I think something should be done about the timing issue. So, some information hints about the process has been added.
Oh, please don't have it where everyone has to find those hints (in game?) in order for it all to work.
wait , so you get all the way to the last step but ... cant get in the bar??

thats strange!
get a timer out and set it for....
well you should know :)

watch,  google alarm clock  windows clock annnything, try that..
btw i found one such .. hint but id more call it a subtle suggestion, if one didint know better it would just be seen as potentially a joke they just dont understand.. lol

again nameless if you are that far into it.. you made it truly..
point of patience.. chuklas i believe gave even more hints to the exact nature of the waiting game,
ooo if only an anouncer would pop up around XV and say ohhh really have to go pee eh rohem well just go.. that carpet looks like a nice spot...

then people would pee and miss out as its to early lol
ahem but i like messing with people.

UBERMOSHhhhhh
oops ;)
drugglejug?

trooggdoorrr

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 25, 2015, 08:38:22 PM »
I found out the faster a computer, the slower the game has to be set to equal out both time frames. What I think is entirely unfair, the game recognizes real time, yet game speed throws everything off. I use a stopwatch. Heck, since everyone knows the five steps, it wouldn't be against the grain to just give the window of opportunity a really wide birth, or just get rid of the XX and devise something different. I wonder who has a computer that's just the right speed?

>
I seen way back in this thread that goatmeal got into the virtual bar in 1.1. It seems he's the only one successful.

The strange thing in my situation, after typing in the book code, with default game speed setting, at about 17 minutes, a skull icon appears for a couple of seconds. When I first purchased 1.1 from IQ, I had trouble with the crypt until the bug was fixed. Could it be that my copy still has issues with the virtual bar?

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 25, 2015, 11:24:18 PM »
far to many spoilers there mate

but goatmeal did say he didnt find the bar in 1.1 though im sure now he can
and yes I indeed found it, just after saving before the library as you said too

seems an odd trigger

as for the game speed, urmm, yes its always done this with every ags/sierra game even. anything with speed will increase real time IN game,
soo
that should be a known fact,
just set to middle as stated by goatmeal, and its XX
on the nose,
from the second you close to walking to standing anywhere really,

but yep yep i got into the new bar, just odd is all how the book thing went off and didnt react to the input given about 20 times i tried :P

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 25, 2015, 11:39:03 PM »
It appears that the default game speed is half way. Just redid everything up till saving outside the library. will continue on tomorrow and see.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 26, 2015, 12:25:10 AM »
I seen way back in this thread that goatmeal got into the virtual bar in 1.1. It seems he's the only one successful.

Er, no.  Kaldire's right; I have only found it in version 1.0 -- haven't had a chance to play version 1.1 yet...

Here's hoping you get it tomorrow!

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 26, 2015, 02:10:14 PM »
Still no luck. While waiting, that blasted skeleton head cursor briefly appears at about 16 minutes. This is after starting a new game and doing all steps. Some things I did not do in order to save time:
Spoiler (hover to show)

So, I can almost say that I'm one of the very few that cannot access the place in question. This further strengthens my status of being at the bottom of the totem. Anyone care to try my save outside the Library? Zip or Rar

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 26, 2015, 02:15:44 PM »
nah nah thats not what the bottom of the totem means hehe

but do you get the, "oh soo close" comment when doing the last step?

if to much time passes, it does make no comment, just sorta same as prologue

I did the same as you only i took the job from prospero just didnt finish or do it
you got past the book so you did all that correctly

let me know if you get that ohhh so close comment on the last step

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 26, 2015, 02:26:36 PM »
Yes. Wish I could smack Roehm for saying that. So, if I keep going I'm bound to hit the sweet spot? What if I wait long enough till getting no response, then working backwards?

Getting the 'so close yet so far away' at 3 minutes beyond 18 minute save. So, I'll up it some more....

OK!!! At 4 minutes beyond my 18 minute save. This is at the default speed setting which is near half way. Which brings to mind one of the clues "Be Patient" Strange, only Blackthorne's voice has sound.

Final note, each reload increases the time I have to wait. After first bar, the next wait at same time fails. The next after that, had to wait an extra minute. So it appears each attempt wait time increases by 30 seconds.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 26, 2015, 07:13:51 PM »
to be safe, keep a save before the book

then a few after

but try to stop naming times etc, lol
be patient, yes if you see rohem saying that, you still have a shot, if he says noting, you waited TOO long,
and yes reloading can miff up stuff a bit, that i and another few tested, so just try, its not to much in terms of time when reloads happen etc, a few seconds here and there.

but if you are that far, you shoulda made it, makes me still wonder how you found the bar last time :)
but again you are RIGHT THERE!

but try spoiler free time posts etc, lol be patient, XX patient, then relief you will say AHH
lol

i still have all the old bt hunt stuff in txt format but in excel per steps hehe

i did note that the prospero mission seemed to have no effect when taking or completing it. but it takes time vs the bar hunt,
idk though just wait, and if the message vanishes, reload its been tooo long :)
on my timer it was almost exact XX
almost..
that included time from input the code (closing the book) and walking to the destination
and standing there..

gl!
see yas in the bar.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 27, 2015, 08:42:21 AM »
Yes. Wish I could smack Roehm for saying that. So, if I keep going I'm bound to hit the sweet spot? What if I wait long enough till getting no response, then working backwards?

Getting the 'so close yet so far away' at 3 minutes beyond 18 minute save. So, I'll up it some more....

OK!!! At 4 minutes beyond my 18 minute save. This is at the default speed setting which is near half way. Which brings to mind one of the clues "Be Patient" Strange, only Blackthorne's voice has sound.

Final note, each reload increases the time I have to wait. After first bar, the next wait at same time fails. The next after that, had to wait an extra minute. So it appears each attempt wait time increases by 30 seconds.
By saying OK!! I meant that I finally got into the bar by simply waiting longer at each attempt. I've since played another character and was successful again. I'm presently on the third character and am confident to find the bar yet again.