Author Topic: Has anyone actually received their physical boxed edition of Quest for Infamy?  (Read 73685 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
I wasn't using my child as a rhetorical shield, I was just being open with you about my life.  That's all.  Your refund should be all set.  Wish you well.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
A NOTE FROM BT ON PACKAGES
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2017, 11:25:31 AM »
Okay,

I can't believe this has to be said, and it's more for any lurkers that might be around, but here goes - as I've said in many places, the best way to contact me is via email - info@infamous-quests.com gets to me quickly.  If you have something to discuss with me, get in touch with me there. Contacting members of my family, being rude or threatening to them in any way is over the line, and if this happens, I will not be pleasant about it.

As for the shipping, some work and packages have been done this weekend and will be sent out this week - hopefully those of you posting here regularly (Kaldire, K0Sh & eXo) should get your packages this week.  I'll be sending out more and more in the coming weeks, and I hope you all enjoy the contents.

I have tried to be level headed and humble in dealing with this, as I know this is MY delay.  The shipping part is on me, as I have the elements, and is not indicative of any other members of Infamous Quests.  The teams of people who worked on these games, made them, tested them and released them are amazing people.  I had the fortune of working some of the most amazing and creative people I've ever met - they brought my words and thoughts to life, and they raised the quality of my own work in my writing and my programming.  I wanted to make some adventure games, much like the games I played in my youth when I was young, and being able to do that and share them with an audience has been amazing. 

I'm sorry the physical rewards end has been my downfall - I can assure you, there has been no ill-will or malicious intent with them.  Only poor time management skills, some anxiety about making sure they come out okay, and a lack of the free time I once took for granted.  I am very sorry about this end.  Please don't think badly of others around here because of my mistakes.  Professionally, I take the lumps on this one and it hurts.  I always tried to run the Kickstarter on a personal level as well - because it was such a new and intimate way to fund the creation of the games.  I got to know many of you on a personal level over the past few years, and believe me, making your acquaintances and sometimes,  your friendship, has made all the difference in the world to me.  People from around the world offered us (and me) not only their financial support to make these games, but their personal support.  I met a lot of other people who shared the dreams and love of these kinds of games.  I could have never done that without Kickstarter and Infamous Quests.

In the end, I know - I sure made a piss poor shipping department, and believe me, I'll never go work in one for the rest of my life.  I may never work in making games or anything creative again, who knows.  But I'll also never have as amazing an experience as I did with this.  I look forward to sending out your packages, and with each one, I know a weight will be lifted off me, and with many I'll be including some hand-written notes.  It's meant a lot to me.  All my love to team IQ - you guys helped make some amazing games.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
@Blackthorne

I am sad to read that some people have taken not getting their boxes as far as starting to annoy your family about it. I, also, do believe that your intentions are in the right place and the best way to calm people/even regain their trust is by shipping out the boxes to them. I hope they can share pictures of received physical goodies asap as I'm sure that will put everyone's mind at rest about whether you are actually shipping the boxes or not. :)

That being said, take care mate and I hope to hear more of your new games in the near-ish future as well. :P
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
Yeah, honestly, I think that many of the people that have gotten their physical goods just don't care any more and don't check in here, or on KS, etc.  I'm sending out some this week, so hopefully people will start getting them, and I'm sure some people will share them here.

Bt

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
Disgraceful. Good luck, Bt.

Brainiac

• Lackey
  • Liked: 58
  • Game Guru
    • View Profile
...I'm sure some people will share them here.

I certainly will once I have all four titles, Blackthorne...or possibly even before that. I'm sure you know exactly why.
There is balance in all things. Live in symmetry with the world around you. If you must blow things up and steal from those around you, THAT'S WHAT RPGS ARE FOR!

Official Member of the VGL Street Team

Count Leaves

Your refund should be all set.  Wish you well.

I received my refund. Wish you well, too.

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
Me too!

BTW, can I have all the extra boxes that these guys abandoned? :P :D

Sven_Q45

• Villain
  • Liked: 45
    • View Profile
I didnīt recieve anything yet. But I just read you sent out a few this week. Oh Iīm so looking forward to the rewards. :)

eXoScoriae

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
A person contacted your family?

I'm sorry to hear about that.

It did become clear to me during my crusade that you have a few folks out there who transcend simply being frustrated and fall more into a camp of having a personal dislike for you.

I don't know their exact reasons, but I hope my posts here and on the campaign didn't encourage anyone to go to those lengths.

k0SH

• Recruit
  • Liked: 5
    • View Profile
Thank you, Blackthorne, for the update.
As said before I'm at the point where only a successful delivery convinces me.
Simply because I've read "send this or next week" for how long?

So.
Since this all is last weeks news again, can you please let us know to who you really have send packages last week?
And do you have a tracking number?
Thanks.

More important: To WHICH address have you send it??? Since no one was asking for an update.

Of course.. "sent out this week / should get your packages this week" .. won't work internationally.
Fastest is two weeks if send via regular mail.
Depending on the shipping method and different mail hubs in the US it can take 3-7 weeks.
Or have you paid for express? Which is 3-5 business days.

PS. E-mailed you that there is a forum update ;-)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
im also a bit worried bt might send to my old address :P

but i did give both but that was , long ago.
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
K0SH, got your email! Well, I can't tell you who I sent the packages out to last week - they were some DVD and/or Book only ones, and they're not regular posters here, so I don't want to publicly announce them.  I can say, however, that packages for eXo, K0SH, Sven, DosBox and Kaldire are being packaged today, and I'm going to the post office Thursday afternoon, so I can send you all (privately) tracking numbers and such so you can track your packages.  Kal, you can send me a PM to confirm the new address, pretty sure I have it, but just let's check before I send it out.  Sven and DosBox, if you want to confirm your addresses with me, too, send me a PM.

I should have confirmation and tracking numbers for you, like I said, so I'll send PMs/emails (whatever you prefer) with the details.

Bt

helmishgen

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
This is great to hear, BT.  Thanks for the updates.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
Hey guys, sorry - the last few days of my week were a wash, but I've got some free time this weekend, so I'm finishing up those packages and I should have them out next week sometime.  I'll be sure to send you your confirmation numbers - just wanted to give you an update.  Just have a few more packages to finish up and sort, labels to print, etc.  Thanks!  More pics and stuff post-weekend.

Bt