Author Topic: Has anyone actually received their physical boxed edition of Quest for Infamy?  (Read 73760 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Folks, I implore you to be patient and show some understanding for Blackthorne's current situation. He is the only one who is shipping out rewards. Also he has a newborn baby to take care of. On top of that he is working on Roehm to Ruin and Fortress of Fire. Also I'm sure he has other responsibilities that we as backers know nothing about. I'm sure he is as frustrated as some of the backers are.  For myself, I'm content to be patient, and I'd ask all of you to be patient too:) 
**********Chadly*********************

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
@arremelle They ARE coming, it's just super slow for me, really, I only get to a few a day.  Thanks @Chadly for being understanding. Work will continue until everyone gets their stuff.  Really, we have it - I just don't have the manpower at the moment to help me with packaging up everything and sending it out properly. I had one backer report that his box arrived in bad condition, so I'm trying a new kind of cardboard box and filler to send the stuff - AND I have to keep it cost effective.  It sucks, but it continues.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
keep us informed and if you need a bit more dosh for shipping dont hesitate to ask matey

rock on
cheers n beers

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

janx

• Recruit
  • Liked: 27
  • Legends Never Sleep
    • View Profile
Thank you for the update BT.

Ignore that message I sent you, this answers it all, however the sentiment remains, you are awesome, please don't ever stop making entertainment.

"Oh don't give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit.
No, don't you give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit.
For my head will fly, my tongue will lie, my eyes will fry and I may die.
Won't you pour me one more of that sinful Old Janx Spirit"

arremelle

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
thanks for the update and apologies for my miserable and cynical post. Real life priorities should absolutely always come first. I will be more patient with it.

I would also be happy to send some additional money over for the extra packing and shipping.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
It's okay, it wasn't miserable, you were asking an honest question.  It just bums me out that I can't get these out faster.  They ARE coming though.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
you sure?

maybe they are just breathing really hard...
lol

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
you sure?

maybe they are just breathing really hard...
lol

Narrator: "Larry, perhaps you should keep little quips like these to yourself and just get on with the game, hmmm?"

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
@Goatmeal   LOL. Funny!;)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
hehehe

yea al and I have had many o chuckles in our time :)

its good to be here ... its nice to be had.. etc  alwaysss something funny with him XD

helmishgen

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Posting here since we are receiving no feedback through the Kickstarter page.  Here is a transcript of the last bit of information, notice the dates.

Paskarl (k0SH) on October 20
ANY UPDATE ON SHIPPING 'Quest For Infamy' and 'The Quest For Infamy Companion - Art/Strategy/Hint Book' ??? :(

eXoScoriae on October 24
Nope. No updates. Maybe in January we will get another update telling us about how hard it is to be a dad and a responsible adult at the same time.

Steven "Blackthorne" Alexander 3-time creator on October 24
I'm mailing them out, one at a time, as I get to them - sending out a few a week. I did speak to Paskarl about this personally on FB, I only saw this message today. Packages are going out, I don't really have anything more exciting to update that to say that. Yours should arrive soon. Don't worry, in January I'm sure I'll have something new to tell you, but sarcasm duly noted.

eXoScoriae on October 25
What do you expect? You've had the boxes for over a year.
September 2015 - Yay, the boxes are here!
January - I'm sending out a few each day.
April 1st-20th - Boxes are being sent every day
July 18th - Your boxes are going out soon.
I just went and added up the number of people who pledged at tiers that included the physical dvd and/or the big box. I came up with 375 (rounding up).
If you had sent even 1 game a day since they came in, you would be done by now. So your claim that you are sending a few every day is bull.

Helmishgen on October 27
Steven, a suggestion if I may. Ship to eXo Scoriae or Paskarl or myself, we will then post here that we have received and that should, at the very least, let those who look for info here know that packages are in fact going out. I know there are only us vocal few who are still posting here but the fact that no one has posted stating they have received their items is concerning.

Steven "Blackthorne" Alexander 3-time creator on October 27
Right, probably because they aren't checking back here - I'll make sure to send your packages out next. I'm sending out some tomorrow (Friday) and I will specifically send your packages. I'll send you guys receipts and pics via PM tomorrow afternoon.

Helmishgen on November 13
Well, over two weeks have gone by since the last post made by Steven. In said post, he claimed he was going to send packages out to a few of us, myself being one of them. Also mentioned he would send receipts, pics, and PMs. I received none of those and, of course, have not received my package. I have been patient for quite a long time now and attempted to give Steven every benefit of the doubt but I can no longer say that. I have reached the point where I have to consider that shipping is not actually happening as he claims and that it is possible that said packages don't even exist. Steven and the crew are all very talented individuals who delivered a great game as promised. But after being told personally that my package was to be shipped plus evidence of said shipping and receiving none of that, I can't help but think that I am being lied to. That we all are being lied to. At this point, I highly doubt I'll ever receive my physical rewards. I hope at least some of you do.

Paskarl (k0SH) 6 days ago
"I have been patient for quite a long time now and attempted to give Steven every benefit of the doubt but I can no longer say that. I have reached the point where I have to consider that shipping is not actually happening as he claims and that it is possible that said packages don't even exist. "
SADLY, have to agree.
NO ONE on FB or here EVER posted a pic of receiving a package.
But a lot have already sent out if we believe in what was told over and over again.
Last "next week 100% sure" message is again many weeks old.
This STINKS a lot and I'm done with excuses all over again.
Seems that money is lost once and forever :(

I hate having to post this and I don't care for the fact that eXoScoriae made it a bit personal but we don't believe that we are getting the full story or, in the worst case, being lied to.  None of us have received our physical copies as promised by Steven in the above interaction.  No PMs, no tracking, and no updates.  It would be one thing if we were still lumped in with the general "they are shipping" updates but in this case we were told specifically that our packages would be mailed so we could be vocal and help put minds at ease about whether or not packages were being sent out. 

Didn't happen.

I don't know what else to do.

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
Everyone needs to just make their peace with the fact that it may take a long long time to get your box and rewards and whatnot. But they will get done. There is no way around the delay. IQ (and especially Blackthorne) are incredibly sorry, but there's only so much one man can do. They're not a big distribution company. They're literally one man doing all the shipping for hundreds of shipments by himself in his house, while living in real life with jobs, health issues, children, bills, and who knows what else. Think about how you would be able to get all that done by yourself and chill out.

Let me be clear, I'm not a member of IQ, but I have an inkling of what it's like having been a part of another Kickstarter. It's no walk in the park and just because these guys are awesome enough to complete a game (in the style of something 25 years old, let's remember, not modern and full 3D DX12 etc that costs millions to develop and publish) doesn't mean they can do everything in record time. These people have lives. This is their side hobby and every one of you pledged for them to make a game. The rewards are coming but stop and think about this for a moment: they actually finished and released their games and you can all play them right now. That's more than a lot of Kickstarted games can say. Especially indie ones.

You have a game. Enjoy it. The money you pledged helped fund it. Be happy about that. Put this on the back burner and go on with your life. Then one day it'll arrive on your doorstep and you'll be thrilled and forget all about all of this.

Paskarl especially is driving me completely nuts with his entitled attitude and unrealistic expectations while blasting them on different Facebook groups about it. Just stop it. I mean, you helped the underdog get a few games out. And now you're complaining because they're acting like the underdog? They're still the underdog! The measly amount of money we gave them to make a couple games doesn't change that.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
odd
well me I dont mind the wait,
just keep hoping each year esp round now (my bday dec 5th) that a package will arrive.

knowing I helped fund the game is awesome as heck
but its not the point matey

as bt has mentioned its a SOB to pack your own stuff, trust me.. I know.
this is again why TTG's no longer sells retail stuff at ALL.

but each time i get a pm or message from bossman, he says its on its way or such and i get VERY excited only to have it never show up :(

I still eagerly await it.
and for those that pitched in higher amounts well, we seem to be last idk..
also higher amounts should have warranted expedition in this process but, so far no signs of our stuffs!

here is hoping this year!

hugs hugs
either way, its not like the money is comin back to us, just hoping for some really great swag to hold and have and say loook! oooo

im putting my qfi stuff in a glass case if and when it arrives.
XD

helmishgen

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Now that mister completely missed the point got his rant out we can move on.

The issue isn't how long it's taking.

The issue is that we are being told things that aren't happening. 

We have been told since September 2015 that packages are going out and a number of us have been told personally that our packages are being sent. Yet, with the exception of one person claiming they got their companion, no one has posted here, on Facebook, or Kickstarter saying they have received their rewards. If a large number of the packages have been sent, which the updates on Kickstarter claim, surely we would have heard about it long before now.

It also doesn't help that Blackthorne has gone silent as of late.

I'm open to the idea that I'm completely wrong, and I hope I am, but it sure doesn't seem that way.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
Ok friends, not to kiss Blackthone and company's ass here but consider this:  You create a game out of an idea. You ask some 1000 plus others to help you do this, with no guarantee that its going to get done.  You as a backer take a Massive risk in giving your money to the creators. (Which I did, more than once on a couple platforms, plus buy tshirts, and multiple games after the fact.:)  Now as a backer I am waiting for a QFI Strategy guide, or whatever else one pledged for.  Yes it sucks to wait around with no info.  Has anyone considered BT situation? One man with no help to ship items.  A guy who has health issues and a newborn baby to deal with.?  Yeah I can understand the frustration, but if you managed to get the game you helped to create, consider yourself lucky as for me, I have gave money to othe projects via "Kickstarter" that have folded and I got absolutely nothing at a!! I.E. Super Retro Squad.

I understand  the frustration, but shit man be patient or chalk it up as a loss.  Emailing BT or posting less than complementary posts will only delay delivery, as it will piss the creators off.  They in all reality don't owe you jack shit, or me.  I paid for a game (actually two) and have received one, with one coming.

As I guy who works retail and has worked in the past, with the shipping services,  ITs a lot of work and money.  Not to say that perhaps IQ underestimated this fact.  Try shipping 500 packages all over the world, pay for it, and hope they get there undamaged.?  I could quote costs for packages as shipping, but its a small fortune to say the least.  And yes I know folks who pledged at high levels expect to be compensated or expect to get what was promised.   I am in no way making this personal as others have seemed to done. But hey Kickstarter projects are a gamble.  This gamble has paid off to me, (QFI, Order of the Thorne, and Roehm to Ruin.)

Chadly :)