Author Topic: I wrote about QFI for Slate  (Read 4076 times)

ahoymehearties

I wrote about QFI for Slate
« on: February 15, 2013, 11:28:54 PM »
Yes yes, self-aggrandizing post, but it's worth a read, if I do say so myself!

Thanks to Blackthorne for all his help giving me the info I needed, and of course, putting me in the game. :)

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2013/02/quest_for_infamy_how_kickstarter_helped_me_become_a_video_game_voice_over.html

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
Re: I wrote about QFI for Slate
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 12:03:18 AM »
That's really cool!  I have to ask, how on earth does one become a writer for Slate anyway?

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 01:36:20 AM »
Dude, that's awesome, fantastic article!  Thank you.

I hope it raises the profile of the project, and gets some folks coming on to play the demo.  I'm really quite convinced that a significant percentage of those who bother to play it will be really impressed, and either pledge/pre-order, or at least buy it upon release.

Here's hoping  :D
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 04:38:10 AM »
Please - it's my pleasure having you along for the ride on this.  You're an absolutely pleasure to work with, and your passion for voice acting, and the game in general, can't be beat.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

ahoymehearties

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 08:02:59 AM »
That's really cool!  I have to ask, how on earth does one become a writer for Slate anyway?

That was a more circuitous path than the voice stuff - I work in the tech policy world, and Slate has a partnership with the organization I work at, New America Foundation.

And Bt, thanks, really - my voice work is going well enough that I can continue to pick and choose, and I'll always choose innovative projects with a lot of passion behind them (and that I want to play myself)!

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 04:59:40 PM »
Nice.