Author Topic: QFI 2?  (Read 18564 times)

Alaskaban

QFI 2?
« on: July 21, 2012, 06:36:13 PM »
does anybody think that there might be a Quest for Infamy 2 in the future

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
Re: QFI 2?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 07:42:45 PM »
only if you complete the first one first! ;)
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 08:55:41 PM »
I think that we should focus on getting the first one made, first.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 09:05:37 PM »
      Actually the first step to get to QFI2 would be release QFI demo 2.0.  Next finish QFI, and finally a year later make QFI2!!!!!!! ;)
**********Chadly*********************

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 10:41:40 PM »
              Oh mighty gods of the Infamous, hear my request.  Any word on the Demo 2.0???  This request goes out to the all Knowing Klytos, the mighty Blackthorne, Jerm, chucklas, or anybody else on the Quest for Infamy Team!!!!                            Thanks Chadly!!! :)

Jerminator

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 12:15:50 AM »
It's extremely close. Stay tuned for it!

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 12:43:01 AM »
         Thanks Jerm.  :)  Well what the hell just make everyone happy and release the finished game! lol. ;D

Just know that everyone here is a supporter of All You Guys and Gal hard work and dedication!!  I  will continue to be as patient as i can be!!!!!

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 03:20:57 AM »
Well, Bt has let on that he's thought out aspects of QFI 2 already.  For example, he's got this awesome idea to contain QFI 1 (the world) within QFI 2 (the larger world), including the main town, Volksville.  Perhaps with a map-travel interface (a la Conquests of the Longbow) to quickly traverse locales.  We assume that Roehm has a horse by QFI 2 (if it is in fact he who stars in the second game).

I suspect that all of those details are way off, but the idea of being able to transfer my character into QFI 2, and revisit the old locales is quite endearing, I must note.
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 03:37:55 AM »
Indeed that idea would/will be most Awesome!  But first the dynamic Duo and team must finish QFI 1. Then make the sequel.  Lets not put the cart before the horse! :)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 10:56:43 PM »
Well, Bt has let on that he's thought out aspects of QFI 2 already.  For example, he's got this awesome idea to contain QFI 1 (the world) within QFI 2 (the larger world), including the main town, Volksville.  Perhaps with a map-travel interface (a la Conquests of the Longbow) to quickly traverse locales.  We assume that Roehm has a horse by QFI 2 (if it is in fact he who stars in the second game).

I suspect that all of those details are way off, but the idea of being able to transfer my character into QFI 2, and revisit the old locales is quite endearing, I must note.

Yep.  S_D speaks the truth.  If QFI proves to be a success, this is the goal of QFI2.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 06:33:03 AM »
Hmmm. So, if I know anything about how these game series work, the third game will have us traveling through time to visit all of these parts of the world at interesting times throughout their history, becoming a legend even though all we really wanted to do was prevent the evil tentacle from breaking up our parents at the high school battle of the bands, with our trusty floating animal companion that turns into a magical screwdriver.

The export file for that game will, of course, have to be huge to contain every action we took, so we can do it all again in the fourth game with the added challenge of not running into ourselves. By the fifth game, we'll be fighting our way through the series' entire mythology, destroying the revered gods and cementing ourselves as the rulers of the universe. I guess from that point, the only way to proceed would be through prequels.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 08:03:01 AM »
And now I've gone cross-eyed!  Well done, my friend!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Jerminator

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 08:58:02 AM »
Haha, nice Nidoking!

rogerxy

• Lackey
  • Liked: 2
  • Serious Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 11:11:39 AM »
I'm sure this has already crossed your mind but if you do QfI2 it would be nice to be able to use your character from QfI1
You can have anything you want if you will give up the belief that you can't have it.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 12:04:13 PM »
See, that's where we're going different.  You can't even use Roehm in the next game.  You have to start over as a new guy named "Bill", a poor young horse manure-shoveler.  Nothing more infamous than THAT!

(Heh.  Yes, of course, you'll be able to save your stats from QFI 1 and take them to the sequel.)

Bt