Author Topic: Any tips getting Windows programs running on an Android tablet?  (Read 2275 times)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
I just bought a Wacom Cintiq Hybrid, which is a pretty damn awesome illustration tablet that can double as a drawable monitor.  In mobile mode, it functions as a standard Android tablet.

It works great when connected to a PC, but so far I'm not totally sold on the Android-specific illustration/digital painting apps when using it in mobile mode.

Does anyone around here have any experience getting Windows programs up and running on an Android OS?  Possibly in an emulator of some sort?  I'd really like to get GIMP on there, if possible.  I did some searching and found that someone had set up an emulation state in which to run GIMP, and posted it on the Google Play store, but I tried it and it's a buggy piece of shit that frankly doesn't work worth a damn.

I'm wondering if I can set it up myself.  I'm not much of a programmer, but I think I'm crafty enough that I could follow a set of instructions if someone walked me through it.

Anyway, tips would be appreciated if anyone's got any ideas.  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.