Author Topic: Memories (share them)  (Read 6717 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Memories (share them)
« on: March 07, 2015, 04:21:27 PM »
    Memories.  I have plenty of them, Good and Bad.  I am sitting in the house where I grew up today and sadly its about to be sold.  If i had the money i would buy it.  I walk around this place and remember all the good times i have had.  Such as building my first dog house for my Husky Thunder, with my Dad.  All the parties I had here when the folks were gone! ;)  Getting to know my first girlfriend..... :)  Watching and taking care of my younger brother and sister.  My sisters graduation party.  The first Christmas here and such......     I wonder if in the next 30 years if my family will remember my home and all the good times we have had and will.  Maybe i am just getting to be old and sentimental in my late 30's.  Getting close to 40.  Wow where does the time Go???  Shit just yesterday i was 18 and 21! ;D

Chadly
**********Chadly*********************

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Memories (share them)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 09:21:57 AM »
I feel ya, man.  I have those days where I remember being a kid, and I realize I am so far from that.... life is funny.  The only thing that is absolutely predictable in life is the one thing that surprises us the most - getting older.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 09:33:40 AM »
Kinda like a person's physical countenance. You grew up with it, watching it grow and mature. Years later you shockingly realize everything will some day be condemned and you must move on. But hey... your spirit will live on and no more upkeep or sudden expenses, a n d... no more taxes  ;)
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 11:53:00 PM »
Here's and old memory of mine. I can remember staying up late playing my Intellivision (400 bucks game system in the early 80's).  I remember the Christmas of '87 i had asked my Dad to buy me a Nintendo, instead of that he bought a 2000 dollar tandy PC for the family. (mostly for me)  The first game i got for it was Kings Quest 3 on ld 3 1/2 disks.  Also to my surprise i got a baby brother to go along with the sister i had got the previous year! :)  I was 9 years old so naturally i liked the computer the most. ;)  That gift opened new worlds for me and has lead me on to my current occupation in information systems.  Chadly.

P.s,  Anyone have a working intellivision anymore?  Mine died years ago.....
**********Chadly*********************

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 04:33:03 AM »
all i will say in this thread is this

i have a working intellivision, and collecovision, yes tested and working
one controller or remote controller with CORD aka not a remote but looks like one,  is kinda got a wobble nob on it but yep

got one, two but one doesnt work either

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 10:46:52 AM »
P.s,  Anyone have a working intellivision anymore?  Mine died years ago.....

We had the Intellivision at our house, too -- LOVED IT.  Was going to hit up BT with a PM about this at Christmas, but never got around to it.

Evidently, there's a company that's making portable "Flashback" versions of the Atari 2600, Colecovision and Intellivision with numerous games built-in.

Here's the one for the Intellivision at the Intellivision Store:

https://intellivision-productions-inc.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/intellivision-flashback-including-all-60-pairs-of-overlays

Here's the FAQ, and where you can buy it:

http://www.intellivisiongames.com/flashback_faq.html

SMRP is $50 ($40-$60, depending on store); Dollar Tree had them 50% off at their website (~$20) at Christmas, but wasn't in stock on-line at the time...

The standard package has 60 games & 10 physical overlays (pairs).  The Sam's Club exclusive has 5 more overlays, and a Dollar Tree exclusive has a 61st game being the original 2-player 1980 Baseball.

The Intellivision Lives exclusive (above) is selling it for $50, where you get all 60 overlays.  Alternately, buy the other missing 50 overlays for $15 from them.

All manuals and overlay images are on line, too.

http://www.intellivisiongames.com/flashback_games.html

The cool thing is, the removable controllers can be adapted to work with the Sears Tele-Games Super Video Arcade and the Intellivision II.  That means you could hook up your old Intellivision II, plug in these controllers and play like it's 1982 (!).  Here's THAT website:

http://intellivisionaries.com/flashback/

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 12:45:57 PM »
Hah. I got both the Coleco and Intellivisions Flashback Consoles around Christmas.  At Dollar Tree, for $20 bucks.  Heh.  They're pretty okay, for emulated consoles.  I have fond memories of both - especially Intellivision; when I was a kid, my Dad worked for a cable company that had "Play Cable" - a device that hooked up to the Intellivision and you could "download" and play games on it.  In the early 80s, this was like... amazing.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 01:55:56 PM »
Hah. I got both the Coleco and Intellivisions Flashback Consoles around Christmas.  At Dollar Tree, for $20 bucks.  Heh.  They're pretty okay, for emulated consoles.  I have fond memories of both - especially Intellivision; when I was a kid, my Dad worked for a cable company that had "Play Cable" - a device that hooked up to the Intellivision and you could "download" and play games on it.  In the early 80s, this was like... amazing.

Bt

Awesome.

The cool thing is, it ALMOST tempts me to dig up out Intellivision II from the basement at my folks' house, just to play games with the new controllers from the Flashback device!

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 03:59:25 PM »
oh sorry yes one is the ver 1 and one ver 2, the broken one is ver 2 so the working one is the original
and a working c64 and 128 upgraded ver lol

tass timmes in tone town

oh please get that ip pleeeeeeeease
lol iqs making that ohh my

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 12:16:19 PM »
oh sorry yes one is the ver 1 and one ver 2, the broken one is ver 2 so the working one is the original
and a working c64 and 128 upgraded ver lol

My brother and I played our original Intellivision so much (and so hard) that we would grind the circuit contacts under the discs to dust.

Unlike the Intellivision II, the original controllers weren't removable.  We had to send away to get replacement plastic controller circuits from Mattel, and had to open up the controllers to replace them!

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 01:09:30 PM »
When I was 4 or 5, I did all sorts of stuff out of curiosity. I ate one of those little brown ants that craw around on sidewalks. Gawd, that sucker was really bitter. Another time I spotted some weird green fuzzy stuff on some pieces of metal (copper?). Tasted rather bitter. Man it's a wonder I'm still alive.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 02:29:40 PM »
So... In my old house when I was 4 or 5 years old I remember planting a conker in the back garden. Over time it grew into a healthy little sapling, but when I was like 9 years old we moved out of that house, though we occasionally visited the place to collect mail and things.

Well, when I was about 11 we noticed that the tree had been ripped out of the garden, and though it was only a tree, it quite upset me. Some bastard had killed my tree. Well that sat at the back of my mind for nearly 20 years. Then, few months ago I visited England and went for a walk round my old haunts showing my wife where I grew up and stuff. We took a walk by my old house, and there on the side of the road were hundreds of conkers all over the footpath. I don't remember them ever being there when I was a kid so the only conclusion I can come to is that they hadn't killed my tree, they'd moved it into street. That was weird... 20 years thinking my tree was dead and it was there all along on display, creating many a game of conkers for new kids in the neighbourhood... How wrong you can be...
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 05:24:16 PM »
So... In my old house when I was 4 or 5 years old I remember planting a conker in the back garden. Over time it grew into a healthy little sapling, but when I was like 9 years old we moved out of that house, though we occasionally visited the place to collect mail and things.

Well, when I was about 11 we noticed that the tree had been ripped out of the garden, and though it was only a tree, it quite upset me. Some bastard had killed my tree. Well that sat at the back of my mind for nearly 20 years. Then, few months ago I visited England and went for a walk round my old haunts showing my wife where I grew up and stuff. We took a walk by my old house, and there on the side of the road were hundreds of conkers all over the footpath. I don't remember them ever being there when I was a kid so the only conclusion I can come to is that they hadn't killed my tree, they'd moved it into street. That was weird... 20 years thinking my tree was dead and it was there all along on display, creating many a game of conkers for new kids in the neighbourhood... How wrong you can be...

This story should be an easter egg QFI narrator response in one of our upcoming games.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 06:54:21 PM »
as the cap says

"make it so!"

lolz