Author Topic: Post Kickstarter Update  (Read 26559 times)

Lupin

• Lackey
  • Liked: 1
  • Magic Knight and Time Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Post Kickstarter Update
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 09:25:45 AM »
While I'm all about secret passages and solving puzzles to FIND secret passages, I really think that the "secret passage in the library accessed by flipping around or arranging coded book titles" has been done to death in these games.  AGDI did it in KQ2+ AND KQ3, QFG4 did it, and that's just the first three that come to mind.  I think we can do better, frankly.  :)

You could have a massive, expansive library design layed-out in a maze-like fashion.  The perspective is looking out over it from a hundred feet in the air, like the warehouse at the end of "Raiders".  Mister Roehm is only a few pixels high in the corner.

Your task?  Find one particular book.  And there are tens of thousands of books.

And the entire screen is clickable.

The pay-off?  No matter where you click on the endless stacks of books to look, Mr Roehm doesn't move at all.  Instead, he simply says, "Oh, here's the book I've been tasked with finding, right infront of me."  He grabs the book, turns and walks off-screen.

...Thus summarily negating the highly-anticipated "library book/document search puzzle" trope !   ;D

You Sir are a genius

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 03:17:55 PM »
To all designers of QFI,  Help i think i have post partum KIckstarter Depression! No info on the status of the game for awhile. Plus there is no news on any of the KS projects i have backed. LsL, Spaveventure, Moebius, and Finally most importantly Quest for Infamy!  Only news of QFI or the new Demo 2.o will releive these terrible depressions. Not prozac or therapy will help!  Only you fine people at Infamous Quests can help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks Chadly!  (no im not really depressed, just kidding around!) ;)
**********Chadly*********************

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 06:24:54 PM »
Chad, you mean you didn't back Tex Murphy?  Well there's your problem!

Naaah, just joking, they haven't really updated either  ;)
Space Pope did just write up a big post on the SV rewards site about San Diego Comic-Con, just to enfuriate us further about our goddamn key cards!

So, back to the library... Goatmeal, I love it!  The "oblig maze level" idea of Lupin's had me imagining Roehm navigating the repeating maze screens of book stacks to find the particular section in which the quest item was.  After two or three wrong turns, he starts to bitch about the... "damn, stacks and stacks of bloody books... can no one be arsed to tidy up a little?", also a bit hypocritical coming from the guy who pissed in the pot outside a shop on the first day in town!

Perhaps he has a few choice epithets that he rotates through or are randomly chosen;  navigate the maze incorrectly and pop out at the beginning again.  That logic is pretty standard maze escape fare... and for a reason... being actually stuck in a maze is miserable, and I consider, personally to be a flaw in game design.  At least in classic p-n-c adventure game design.  Wandering is OK if it's funny, but it should be made pretty obvious that you need to go search for a hint, and then it should dump you out where you started.

Perhaps, after navigating to the correct section, with us players having written down a complex book selection hint from somewhere else, Goatmeal's diabolical joke unfolds  :)
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Broomie

• Chief Administrator
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 581
    • https://www.facebook.com/brooomie
    • broomie
    • https://twitter.com/jbroomie/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/JBroomie
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 06:54:17 PM »
We'll have some updates very soon, Chad. Right now we're purely focused on the game development so although it may seem the press machine has dwindled slightly we want to do updates when the timing is right as to not spoil anything. As much as we'd like to show you our lovely new concept art, music pieces and ideas each week we can't help but think that'd make the final product a wee bit redundant so hang tight we'll make sure your lips remain moistened throughout Quest for Infamy's development. :)
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 08:08:06 PM »
Ooh! Ooh! Can I see some?

s_d

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 10:23:48 PM »
Ha!!  You wish, dude!  You need to be really special, like Bt's best friend or some kind of super generous high-rolling backer to get that kind of alpha access...

Oh.

aaaawwwkward...
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 10:30:41 PM »
Ooh! Ooh! Can I see some?

Yes, yes.  You absolutely may see all of it!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 12:18:27 AM »
Great let us all see it BT!!!  Look my lips are chapped from begging and pleading for info and demo 2.0!  Seriously.  I got the QFI blues here guys!  GF is pissed, boss is pissed, everyone i know is cranky at me bcuz im cranky and depressed, LOL!!!  So help a poor guy out!  GReat job everyone so far, keep it up!! Chadly/

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 07:45:38 AM »
Haha, sorry Chadly.  Nidoking pledged $5,000 to the campaign, and became one of the co-producers on the project because of it.  So, yeah, he gets to see everything!

Bt

s_d

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 06:16:46 PM »
Gosh, and I really thought my lame joke was "in poor taste" enough to be obvious  :(

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 06:40:42 PM »
Well sorry, guys. just bcause you throw down 5K you get to see everything?  I guess you get the "perks" with a BIG enough pledge. ;)  I feel inadequate now :-[  Hey money bags, can i have a loan for therapy? lol.  :)  I will make you associate producer on my new book, "Why i have become addicted to Quest for Infamy and depressed." Thanks Chadly.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 06:42:56 PM »
Innuendo.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 06:50:24 PM »
Innuendo.
  Indeed. Just being my semi-serrious self. Sorry.  Laughter is the best medicine.  No im not depressed or anything. ;)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 06:53:06 PM »
Innuendo.
  Indeed. Just being my semi-serrious self. Sorry.  Laughter is the best medicine.  No im not depressed or anything. ;)

No worries, friend.  I like to amuse myself by stating the obvious whenever possible.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 11:05:47 PM »
Well sorry, guys. just bcause you throw down 5K you get to see everything?  I guess you get the "perks" with a BIG enough pledge. ;)

Well, that was the stated reward for the $5000 tier. If it makes you feel any better, they haven't set up the producer forum access for me yet, and I only just got BT's Skype info this morning. (No, I won't share, so don't ask.) I actually came up with an interesting idea based on some stuff I've read in the forum, but I'll need time to set up a good pitch for it, and it's getting late.