Author Topic: Star Trek Thread - Split from Star Wars  (Read 7753 times)

Adventuress

Star Trek Thread - Split from Star Wars
« on: June 01, 2018, 11:55:19 AM »
   AWESOME SAUCE FOLKS, I have reinvigorated our forums!, FUCK ME RUNNING YAY!  SW, iS back folks, NEXT UP STAR TREK DEBATES!  wHO IS UP FOR IT? i'M GAME..........................CHADLY.  come get some. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..............................

I'm up for a Star Trek chat.  Don't hate me, but I liked ST Voyager the best.  I really find the Borg element interesting.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek Thread - Split from Star Wars
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 03:03:52 PM »
now star trek i like :)
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 04:10:31 AM »
Voyager is unwatchable now, IMHO. The Borg stuff is cool, but they focus way too much on Seven and Janeway to the exclusion of the interesting characters.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 09:09:59 AM »
They had some cool episodes I love watching over and over. Relativity is one of my favourite Star Trek episodes ever because they went all Back to the Future with it. Then there's that one episode where Chakotay and Kim from the future find a crashed Voyager under the ice in the beta quadrant and try to change history. Time and Again where Tom and Janeway are on a planet that's destroyed and gets caught in the past and ultimately avoids the catastrophe that destroys the planet. The one where Voyager is trapped in a singularity and are seeing quantum reflections of themselves. Voyager isn't the most interesting show from a character arc perspective, but it told some really interesting stories that deal with time and causality. I never saw it, but wasn't there one episode where they basically walk back a whole year of progress? And then the one where the whole ship turns out to be copies and they're not the real Voyager at all and they melt in space just before seeking help from the real Voyager who just finds a mess of space blobs...certain episodes stick out in the memory.

caldric

• Lackey
  • Liked: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 04:43:57 PM »
The more like Twilight Zone any given Voyager episode is, the more I like it. Though come to think of it, that's true of any episode of almost anything for me.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 06:13:19 PM »
I never saw it, but wasn't there one episode where they basically walk back a whole year of progress?

Yep, the two-parter "Year of Hell" from Season 4.  Kurtwood Smith (Clarence Boddicker [RoboCop] / Red Foreman [That 70's Show]) is a scientist whose people use a time-wave machine to erase enemies from existence, thereby empowering their own species after each opposing planet's progress is 'wiped clean.'  Unfortunately, one of the time-waves caused a plague decimating millions of his own people, including his wife.  So, he keeps getting more and more aggressive with 'alterations,' trying to undo or mend it, while Voyager is a constant thorn in his side.

A really good episode, and some of the music was released on a Voyager collection by La-La-Land records early last year...

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 06:21:50 PM »
Voyager is unwatchable now, IMHO. The Borg stuff is cool, but they focus way too much on Seven and Janeway to the exclusion of the interesting characters.

While watching some of the recent fan convention question-and-answer session videos on YouTube a few months ago, evidently Kate Mulgrew was not pleased that they had to "sex-up" Voyager, and likely saw Jeri Ryan as a 'threat.'  As a result, she wasn't overly friendly towards Jeri during the rest of the series, which put a lot of tension on the rest of the actors -- especially Garrett Wang, who got emotional and teared-up at one point remembering & discussing the situation while on stage with Jeri; they weren't a 'happy family'...

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 06:35:59 PM »
Ah yes Seven of Nine, what a fantastic character! :)  Voyager really grew on me as the series progressed. At first  I didnt care for it at all. Jeri Ryan I believe saved that show completely.  Hell she still looks fantastic all these years later. 8)   I enjoyed the finale very much.
**********Chadly*********************

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 12:23:14 PM »
That's interesting, because I "heard" that Jeri only agreed to take the 7 of 9 role so long as they weren't going to tart up the character and place her in highly sexual storylines.

While it's true that those types of storylines were not present for her, the costumes they designed for Jeri definitely didn't help.   ::)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 09:32:16 PM »
Goatmeal:  AGREED!  My "understanding" was that the form fitting outfit was somehow related to 7 of 9's post-Borg medical problems in general... something to do with various dermal (i.e. skin) issues resulting from the Borg tech that was removed & the Borg tech that was left in place.  LOL.  Anything and everything to explain those outfits! And, my info comes from a bunch of fellow male techies who felt that this was a proper explanation to justify those sexy 7 of 9 outfits!

But, Yikes!! -- that couldn't have been easy for the actress over the production seasons.  Without any visible zippers et cetera then it must have been a right nuisance to get the outfits on & off.

In "reality," the outfit was simply to get more male eyeballs to watch the show...  Evidently, it work.   ;)

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 12:15:36 AM »
It was nothing compared to how they handled Enterprise when they first started it. (T'Pol)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2018, 08:08:32 AM »
Well, I know when I had my Borg cybernetic implants removed, all I could wear for six months was a lycra body suit.  They called me "The Ham" and I was quarantined in my room for half a year. Apparently "No one wants to see that!". Hmmmph.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2018, 08:27:10 AM »
It was nothing compared to how they handled Enterprise when they first started it. (T'Pol)

What ?!?!?   :o

You mean there WASN'T a 'legitimate' reason for her to be 'nude' and have some sort of gel slathered all over her in while in quarantine in that one early episode?...

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 06:55:57 PM »
Borg... huh! A race that consumes, assimilates, depletes all resources, then moves on through the universe, repeat, repeat, repeat, never ending. Could this actually be a discription of the human race?
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 09:49:46 PM »
I do agree Voyager had some great episodes, but the overwhelming majority are somewhere between "meh" and "bleh". For every "Year of Hell", there's a "Fair Haven" or "Threshold" or "Spirit Folk". Or shoot me in the head if I ever have to watch "Virtuoso" again. Whoever came up with that one needs punched in the face. Or how many times did they milk the stuck in the holodeck story?