Author Topic: New Quest For Infamy Update on Kickstarter  (Read 18710 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
New Quest For Infamy Update on Kickstarter
« on: July 08, 2013, 12:14:48 PM »
Hey folks - new QFI update on Kickstarter - check it out, it's full of goodies!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1992695780/quest-for-infamy-an-adventure-game-by-infamous-que/posts/532432

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Re: New Quest For Infamy Update on Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 03:04:37 PM »
  BT.  Fantastic update of QFI!!!  Cant't wait for the game to be released!  Tremendous effort by all thus far!  Keep up all the great work!

Chadly ;)
**********Chadly*********************

Quest For Glory Fan

• Super Fan and Wonder Boy
  • Lackey
  • Liked: 23
  • Super Fan and Wonder Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 04:15:51 PM »
Who did that first background of the forest? it looks incredible.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 05:10:12 PM »
Who did that first background of the forest? it looks incredible.

That was by Jason Lamb.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 05:22:06 PM »
Me, baby.  ME.   8)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 06:34:05 PM »
Woo-hoo, an update!  I can tell you spent a ton of time on it and thank you for that, Bt!  Wow, great job Jason, the forest looks perfect--beautiful & rich-looking with just a touch of creepy.  The mines look wonderfully mysterious too...is that gold I see for the taking??   :P  I don't know who did the other backgrounds but to me they look just flawless.  I can't say enough good stuff about it.

The portraits look awesome of course, as always!  I feel like I'm looking into the eyes of a real person when I see Rynn's face.  He looks so warm and kind-hearted.  O'Burr looks like he has a mean streak.  That crow on his shoulder says it all...

I gotta run, I want to write more but I actually had to kinda skim the update for now.  I can't wait to listen to some of James's music & watch the production videos.  You guys have been working so hard and it really shows.  I really am dumbfounded by the amount of talent you all have--what a great team.  Ecstatic to see the final product & hoping to get other people to buy the game & support all your time & efforts as well!  I'm so proud to be a backer.

Till later, cheers!!
Sarah

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 07:22:07 PM »
Wow! Great to see that the game is progressing and in such beautiful fashion :) Well done team infamy, can't wait to play the finished product!

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 09:07:11 PM »
Great update and, as usual, awesome artwork.  I applaud the whole team for such a great job and I love these little windows into the development process.  I'm so jealous of the skill you guys have and I can't wait to see more.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

rugged

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 11:58:48 PM »
Will this be the first full length game that isn't a remake released by kickstarter project?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 12:04:19 AM »
Will this be the first full length game that isn't a remake released by kickstarter project?

I don't know, off the top of my head, but I don't think so.  Who knows, right? 

Bt

rugged

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 01:04:59 AM »
I think so too, clearly if it is not the first it must be one of a very small group. I am aware that it is largely irrelevant. But why I mentioned it is it does show the dedication of Infamous Quests. Simply securing funding does not get a game made, looking at the slow progress on several other adventure kickstarter projects you guys deserve to be congratulated all the more!

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 01:14:34 AM »
Aw, shucks.  We're just hard working people trying to make a good game - a game we'd love to play.

Bt

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 01:39:02 AM »
    @rugged.  Team infamy is comprised of the folks who gave us for Free games like Kings quest 3 and Space quest 2 remakes.  Which to myself and others Shows that they already have the skills needed to make a great game.  I myself would love to make a game, however lack the time and programming skills which makes this impossible.  Other Big kickstarters with well know names have failed as of yet to produce a game with budgets 20-30 times that of Quest for Infamy.  The only game I know of to be released is the Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded, funded by kickstarters, which is pretty damn awesome.

That all said I know QFI is going to be GREat!! 
**********Chadly*********************

rugged

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 01:56:32 AM »
Yip I am aware of the history of infamous adventures, I have been part of the fan community for over a decade. Heck I knew Shawn back when Australia were actually srugby league world cup champs (which is ages ago eh shwan!) and even did a tiny amount of beta testing on Kq3. So I knew they had the chops to finish the project, but I have been impressed with the speedof production.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 02:58:44 AM »
Gotta let you sheep lovers win a cup every so often. Otherwise it would just be boring. (Please note this does not refer to State of Origin which is only supposed to be won by Queensland. Ever.)