Author Topic: Quest For Gory 4.5 inspired this?  (Read 81147 times)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
Re: Quest For Gory 4.5 inspired this?
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2013, 04:47:34 PM »
I gotta ask- do the Coles have a board or fan email where they can be reached.

I can't stand it, I MUST know the truth about that log!

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2013, 05:19:31 PM »
I gotta ask- do the Coles have a board or fan email where they can be reached.

I can't stand it, I MUST know the truth about that log!

Prior to their successful "Hero-U: Rogue To Redemption" Kickstarter, they had a website:

http://www.theschoolforheroes.com

However, it hasn't been updated since, October 20, 2012, the day after they kickstarted Hero-U, and appears to be "abanonded" or "post-poned" for now, which is too bad.

At the time, Lori had some amazing posts about the women of QFG under the Blog/Questlogs, especially about the back-stories/origin stories/histories of both Erana and Katrina.  Lori had gotten up to QFG4, but the Kickstarter seemed to have derailed that series of posts.  It too bad, as Katrina's fascinating story wasn't quite completed before the Kickstarter began...

http://www.theschoolforheroes.com/questlog/

The Official Hero-U website has its own forum at:

http://www.hero-u.net/forum/

but I'm not sure if the Coles are frequent posters there, either.  I get the feeling they are both extremely busy developing their new game...

Corey will pop up every once in a while at the Kickstarter Comments section for Hero-U.  I _think_ that's where Blackthorne asked about the purpose of the building to the left of the bar in Spielburg.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1878147873/hero-u-rogue-to-redemption/comments

Again, lately, his posts are more about the nuts-and-bolts of making Hero-U a reality, but you never know...

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2013, 01:56:46 AM »
Just based on the sheer contempt of the game I'm almost tempted to play it solely to see what the fuss is about.
When you're a farrier you need to know these things

asianmusicguy

• Villain
  • Liked: 16
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2013, 09:51:51 PM »
 if so
1. download the windows version
2.inside the filder right-click rgw main exe(QFG.exe) and make a shortcut
3. edit the short cut so in the target after qfg.exe it says --setup
so it should look like qfg.exe --setup
4. hit apply
 6. run the shortcut and check the video mode to 64x480
7. now run the main qfg.exe
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.  ~Michael Jackson

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2013, 10:14:52 PM »
almost tempted.

actually I have played it before, but had too many problems with just running it I gave up.

asianmusicguy

• Villain
  • Liked: 16
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2013, 10:39:03 PM »
the solution above solves that so  if want your  soul to die be my guest
:)
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.  ~Michael Jackson

Quest For Glory Fan

• Super Fan and Wonder Boy
  • Lackey
  • Liked: 23
  • Super Fan and Wonder Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2013, 11:32:43 PM »
I don't even think I was in highschool the last time I played QFG4.5 It was weird at every turn and I'm pretty sure I couldn't figure out how to beat it. Probably didn't help that I just walked around casting lust at everyone.

Also what's the deal with this QFG1 log? I have no idea what anyone's on about and I've played the hell out of that game.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2013, 12:18:51 AM »
I don't even think I was in highschool the last time I played QFG4.5 It was weird at every turn and I'm pretty sure I couldn't figure out how to beat it. Probably didn't help that I just walked around casting lust at everyone.

Also what's the deal with this QFG1 log? I have no idea what anyone's on about and I've played the hell out of that game.

Because of its design a LOT of people spent hours fooling around with it convinced they could do something with it. The the in-game message didn't help much because it was a unique one a lot of people figured it meant they could do something and the game was hiding something.

The fact he makes it so you can bust into the graveyard crypt and climb over the left-edge of Baba Yaga's fence does show the designer really enjoy QFG1 a lot.

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2013, 01:37:38 AM »
Maybe the log was a plant and reported you every time you passed it to whomever it was spying for.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2013, 12:53:01 PM »

Because of its design a LOT of people spent hours fooling around with it convinced they could do something with it. The the in-game message didn't help much because it was a unique one a lot of people figured it meant they could do something and the game was hiding something.

The fact he makes it so you can bust into the graveyard crypt and climb over the left-edge of Baba Yaga's fence does show the designer really enjoy QFG1 a lot.

To be honest, I was very comforted and delighted he put all these things in the game. (along with the opening of the ice pass, and even letting people explore the Meep tunnels)  It was as if all my childhood dreams when I first played QFG 1 were fulfilled! :D

Btw, what games does he reference with the Meep tunnels?  He lifted a lot of backgrounds from other games (especially Longbows, lol) and they looked so incredibly well-detailed I figured it had to be from some other game I hadn't played.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2013, 06:11:20 PM »
I believe they came from King's Quest 5.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2013, 01:19:07 PM »
I replayed Conquest of Longbow because of this game.

I swear to God, I was expecting a plant monster to eat Robin Hood when I walked through that area! :P

Btw, has the "remake" of QFG 4.5 come out yet?  It'd be nice to play this game without it freezing every 30 minutes.

Also, maybe one day we can see a voice-acted version of this game! ;)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2013, 03:11:20 AM »
One last question....

What on earth was that monster that was terrorizing the Meeps?  It seems so well-designed that I can't help but wonder if it was taken from another game.

Also, same with "Homosexual Pirate Island."  Lol, well, it wasn't as well-designed as the monster was, but I am curious if the layout came from another game somewhere.

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2013, 05:49:10 PM »
Fuck Quest was an original AGI Sierra style game by Rich Eter, who worked on SQ2 with us.  It's out there, it's fun and vulgar if you can find it.

So, this happened today, courtesy of Cara Ellison.

Now adding "bonerzone" to my lexicon...
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Blake00

• Lackey
  • Liked: 35
    • https://www.youtube.com/c/BlakesSanctum
    • View Profile
    • Blake's Sanctum
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2013, 11:02:12 AM »
bahahaha that sex in video games thing he links to cracked me up.

"Btw, has the "remake" of QFG 4.5 come out yet?  It'd be nice to play this game without it freezing every 30 minutes."

I've tried to contact the guy who's working on it several times and got no reply. Looks like its dead sorry. :(

Blake's Sanctum - Quest For Glory Series:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!