Author Topic: Quest For Gory 4.5 inspired this?  (Read 81153 times)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
Re: Quest For Gory 4.5 inspired this?
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2014, 12:22:04 AM »
Yeah, I guess you could say I was blinded by having been her friend for so long.  Now that she's gone (even further) off the deep end, I'm starting to notice what everyone else has already known.

I'll probably continue lurking here, like I've been doing at a few of the other forums.  Kind of lost my taste for the whole 'forum atmosphere' after what all went down over at QFMG.

Sorry to hear that.

In all seriousness, she sounds like a control freak with mental issues.  I notice fairly occasionally you'll see boards that are run by complete nutjobs who get off on being in control and exerting power.  She could use some psychological help with all her issues I'd reckon, people like that often have kinda messed-up pasts.

Probably worst I ever saw was the girl that runs Sailor Moon Uncensored's message board.  She makes Elsa look like Sleeping Beauty in comparison.

Sometimes they like making up bizarre rules on the spot just so they can enforce them and express power and dominance over others that might otherwise be lacking in their real lives.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2014, 08:15:29 PM »
Btw, Quest for Glory 4.5 has actually been talked about at the Coles' official message board before, and they've answered questions about it.... without banning anyone!

So apparently Elsa is more of an extremist and more offended by the game than the Coles themselves.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2014, 08:27:15 PM »
Whatever else you can say about 4.5, it's obvious the author enjoyed the original otherwise he wouldn't have bothered making it.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Orion

• Recruit
  • Liked: 10
  • Paladin of Passion / I'm with the Banned (at QFMG)
    • orionrezil
    • Orion Rezil
    • orionrezil
    • View Profile
    • Legends of Glory
  • Favorite Game: QfG as a whole
« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2014, 01:16:24 AM »
Agreed.  At the time I played it, I was younger, naive to the world, and not as corrupted as I am now.  Horrible times, to be honest.  I'd probably love the game now if I played it.

Also, apparently my account is now completely deleted over at QFMG.  Control-freak is putting it mildly.  All she truly cares about IS her precious website.  She even tried sending me messages saying she forgave *me* for everything, when all I did was be accused of deleting her as admin. LOL  Two days after she banned me she accused me of this - then posted an activity log from my account, which I couldn't even log into at the time because she changed the password - of me deleting her and all other mods at the forums.  And then me re-promoting her to admin.  How that makes any lick of sense, I don't know.

I just checked that forum for the first time in weeks, and apparently it went a full month of inactivity, except for (even worse than lame) joke threads that she use to bitch about.

I'll leave one quick link for you to chuckle at.  http://www.questformoreglory.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3436 - What the hell kind of response is that?

Oh, also, if any of you are up to it for me, since I can't post there anymore - could you PM Chris724 over there - let them know Elsa's psycho and deleted me.  Questions were asked about me here - > http://www.questformoreglory.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3416&p=49611  (Thanks in advance! :) )

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #139 on: June 08, 2014, 02:47:03 AM »
That's my new response to every thread.

No.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2014, 12:49:53 PM »
Someone should pm Elsa this thread.

She can either be a psychopath with no friends and utter control, or just act nice, not ban people left and right over ludicrous things, and have friends.  This girl needs counselling, surely she can find some somewhere in Cyprus...

Honestly, part of the reason I even played QFG 4.5 to begin with was because her banning of it gave it such a "badboy" image.  When I read that in the wiki I thought, "Hot damn, now I REALLY got to play this game!"

She should just say something like this in response to everyone....

-----------------

"Hi, this is Elsa.  I know that my behavior in the past few months has alienated many and for that, I deeply apologize.

Sigh.... look, I know I got issues.  That incident when I was younger when (censorship inserted) really messed with me psychologically.  I feel a complete lack of control in my life and so, I've overcompensated by being overbearing online, and creating absurd rules as a mean to force people to bend to my will and I've then acted offended like they were Benedict Arnold whenever they did violate my, at times, overly harsh rules. 

I genuinely thought I was doing good and had all the answers but, now I see I wasn't.  I just trying to force everyone to emulate me and my own belief system, a behavior which is incredibly narcisssistic and similar to how dictators would often behave.

I certainly am no Stalin or Saddam, but I see now that I have behaved like an internet tyrant and for that I deeply apologize.

I understand now that I have been behaving wrongly.... whatever else, this board first and foremost should be about the Quest for Glory fandom!  That's more important than me and all my problems!  But my problems are getting in thw ay of that and that really breaks my heart!

Now, as for QFG 4.5....  I've created ONE topic where it can be discussed, as a compromise.  I won't shut this topic down either.  If the Coles permit discussion of that game on their forum then, by the Hellenistic Gods of Greece, I will not defy Their Will.

I actually did finally play the game and.... I still think it sucks.  But that's just my opinion!  I won't throw anybody's account into an internet bonfire just because they don't see eye to eye with me 100%!  There's no need to punish others for disagreeing with me, I see that now.  The world is composed of ying and yang and my instance of pure-ying (as defined by me) and crushing all yang, I see, is leading to chaos on this board.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODjWtoViNSQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODjWtoViNSQ</a>

I was wrong.  I see now that my behavior is like how Bernard would run a message board.  From henceforth, I shall strive to be more like Elsa.

Should I pose for pictures with me in a warrior thong leotard?  Only if people want me to, and I look hot!  If I don't then I'll hit the gym and get a smoking body and then do so.

Haha, just kidding! (or am I?)

But, hot warrior thong leotard outfit aside, Elsa is a warrior of pure honor and grace, and I shall strive to live up to her example!

For, if there be a better example, it would be the Paladin.  And the Paladin is all about honor.  A paladin may be offended by QFG 4.5 but ultimately, I know that he would respect the creator's right to freedom of speech no matter how much it might offend him.

And so- ALL ARE UNBANNED!  ALL ARE WELCOME BACK!

I declare a new Golden Age in the Quest for Glory Fandom, for.... I love you all! :) <3

P.S.- Seriously though, I'll post in a hot warrior thong leotard in Deviant Art pictures if anyone really wants me to! (does anyone want me to?  Anyone?)

P.P.S.- I'm being very serious guys! ;)"

And with that, she could win back all her lost respect.  8)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2014, 02:38:58 PM »
Really, I think leaving her alone and not engaging her is the proper course of action here; someone so unreasonable does not deserve your attention, and there's plenty of better things to do on the internet.  It's a lot of time to waste on someone who is really nothing more than a fly in someone elses ointment.

Bt

Orion

• Recruit
    • orionrezil
    • Orion Rezil
    • orionrezil
    • View Profile
    • Legends of Glory
« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2014, 06:01:22 PM »
She's tried contacting me a few times.  The one time was practically saying "It's still your fault, but you're the only one who likes these forums as much as me.  I need somebody to take care of it in case I die."

Not once have I replied.  I'm better off without her volatility in my life.  And that's coming after talking to her at least 5 days out of the week for YEARS.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2014, 06:40:14 PM »
Yeah, you know Orion, you just don't need to be dragged down in her stuff.  Maybe, hopefully, she can work through her issues - and her anti-social behavior.  Running a forum and belonging to a community requires that you be a bit more welcoming of people and their ideas... it is all subject to your whims, but there comes a point where you shouldn't be a despot but a uniter.  Or some crap like that, I dunno!  QFG fans come in all shapes and sizes, I suppose, heh. 

Bt

Orion

• Recruit
    • orionrezil
    • Orion Rezil
    • orionrezil
    • View Profile
    • Legends of Glory
« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2014, 06:47:04 PM »
All that was just a long winded way of "She don't got issues, she's got a lifetime subscription," and "Why can't we all just get along?"

But yeah, she's not the only volatile person in my life I've had to cut out this year.  Anxiety's not fun to deal with, and getting out some of the sources of it is a glorious feeling.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2014, 09:48:43 PM »
Btw, I've always thought that QFG 4.5 song could be improved upon if they were to use a vuvuzuela-rendition of the theme song.

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2014, 10:15:22 PM »
She's tried contacting me a few times.  The one time was practically saying "It's still your fault, but you're the only one who likes these forums as much as me.  I need somebody to take care of it in case I die."

Social media like Facebook is part of the reason that the forums are so dead, but sowing discourse makes for an uninviting venue that makes people avoid it, even if the vitriol is not directed at them. Owners of forums have to realize that a healthy forum belongs not only to the owner of the site, but also to the members that make up the community. The owner may be the final arbiter, but they must balance that against the communities needs and opinions. Otherwise, why even create a community? Make it uncomfortable enough just brings people to the point of saying let it die.

That said, there are other forums for QfG. You can direct people to the QfG forum on SHP for that matter.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2014, 03:05:17 PM »

I have to ask but.... which game is this from anyway?  When I saw this picture long ago I thought it was from Quest from Infamy as I didn't look closely at the guy/?'s cape.  I was about to make a "what the hell I did everything I could in QFI and been everywhere but I haven't seen this" and i just now realized this is from a different game.

Whatever game this is from, I so want to play it!  ;D

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2014, 03:35:05 PM »
That's from Heroine's Quest, by Crystal Shard.  You should go download it right now.  It's freeware, and awesome.  One of the same artists worked on QFI, too.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2014, 03:45:04 PM »
I'll do that next weekend or so.

I need some time to detox, I've been playing QFI for over a week now and I'm on game-overload.

I am going to finish up testing a few more things in QFI.

After that, I'll probably come back to the game in December- see what's new in the game with all the patch stuff.