Author Topic: Quest For Gory 4.5 inspired this?  (Read 81189 times)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
Re: Quest For Gory 4.5 inspired this?
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2013, 03:34:01 AM »
HELLZ YEAH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh6V_rylDsk

Now all we need is the creator of QFG 4.5 banging a heavily drunk Elsa!

Gig gig gig gig giggity giggity go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V2GiXfvyYI

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2013, 04:36:11 PM »
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/09/saturday-crapshoot-quest-for-glory-4-12/

HELLZ YEAH!  An article that manages to mention both QFG 4.5 AND Quest for Infamy!  ;D

(Why's he complaining about the bar maiden's dress?  The guy who wrote this sounds like the kind of dude that signs up to take feminism courses in college just for fun.)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2013, 05:06:57 PM »
Hah, yeah, I remember reading that last year.  He mentions the "The Eye of Argon" which is just about the best thing ever.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2013, 06:10:49 PM »
"Quest for Glory 4.5 kicks off later, with the Hero attending the 10 year reunion for his… correspondence school course? I’m not sure if that’s meant to be a joke, or just the creator having no idea what those words mean, never mind how to put them into a sentence."

What a dumbass!  Of course it's a joke!  8)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2013, 02:32:05 AM »
I don't know when the totally kick-ass awesome dudes remaking QFG 4.5 will do so, but if it's not too much to ask, it'd be appreciated if they'd fix the spelling and grammar errors.

It didn't bug me too much at all (the game really doesn't take itself seriously and that's part of the charm) and.... ah **** it, just leave em alone then, unless the world's most awesome redneck says to correct the spelling and grammar.  8)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2013, 08:57:54 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7mNr5WMjA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7mNr5WMjA</a>

The inspiration behind one of the most hilarious jokes in QFG 4.5!  ;D

Orion

• Recruit
  • Liked: 10
  • Paladin of Passion / I'm with the Banned (at QFMG)
    • orionrezil
    • Orion Rezil
    • orionrezil
    • View Profile
    • Legends of Glory
  • Favorite Game: QfG as a whole
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2014, 04:30:04 AM »
I'm usually not one to resurrect an old thread like this (and I looked, it's not against the rules!), but got to talking with Blake about some of Elsa's shenanigans, and he directed me here.

I'll admit that I did play the game, but when I did, I was probably around 16, and didn't fully appreciate satire comedy at the time due to a Christian upbringing.  I chalk it up to youthful naivety.  Elsa on the other hand, not once touched the game, and completely refused to even click on a link dealing with it.  She shunned it without any knowledge.  (Saw a Nazi reference... I did nazi that coming... but quite fitting *cough*)  So because of this, all discussion was banned from the forums.  Blake found this out the hard way, because there was no post about ANY rules on the forums.  That's how tight of a ship Elsa runs.  LOL

Anywho, I do plan on one day trying the game out again - probably will enjoy it a lot more than I did back then.  I remember something about a vampire side-quest, and the ever so red-herring of the dreaded Log that sticks out like a sore thumb in QFG1.

(Also, YAY MY FIRST POST!  Hi everyone!)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2014, 08:36:32 AM »
I can appreciate that some people don't like satire, I can also appreciate criticism of bad graphics or glitchy coding. I have never been able to stomach people who speak the evils of something (anything, not just QFG4.5) and they have no knowledge what-so-ever about it. I pride myself on trying to find out about something about an issue if it's a popular topic or controversial, that way I can make an informed decision about it. I might still disagree with something but at least I'll be able to argue the point from a position of knowing what I'm talking about. What you've said there Orion just confirms the attitude which bothered so many people in the first place.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2014, 08:36:41 AM »
Oh and happy first post!

Orion

• Recruit
  • Liked: 10
  • Paladin of Passion / I'm with the Banned (at QFMG)
    • orionrezil
    • Orion Rezil
    • orionrezil
    • View Profile
    • Legends of Glory
  • Favorite Game: QfG as a whole
« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2014, 01:36:59 AM »
Yeah, I guess you could say I was blinded by having been her friend for so long.  Now that she's gone (even further) off the deep end, I'm starting to notice what everyone else has already known.

I'll probably continue lurking here, like I've been doing at a few of the other forums.  Kind of lost my taste for the whole 'forum atmosphere' after what all went down over at QFMG.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2014, 04:45:17 AM »
To be honest most forums have pretty much died anyway. Social media killed them to a great extent.

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2014, 01:22:31 PM »
I resent what social media has done to the forums. The likes of Facebook and Twitter do not lend themselves to much more than drive by quips. SHP still has spurts of activity, but who knows down the road.

As far as the nature of any given board, much depends on the management of the board. I view SHP's forum as belonging to the SHP community as opposed to my personal fiefdom. It is all of the regulars that form the character. The only rules are that posters be civil and that tech support questions be asked in the appropriate subforum to make it easier to search for answers. No arbitrary rules about posting subjects, thread drift, etc.

Outside of bots, I have only ever had to ban one account, who was someone who had joined with the sole purpose to attack one of the SHP members.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2014, 01:37:30 PM »
Uh, yeah, sorry about that.  In my defense, attacking Sierra Help Forum members because a highly rated internet sport that year.

On a serious note - yeah, I do miss the days of yore, where activity happened on forums and real communities sprang from them.  I mean, it's where I met most of the guys I work with today - not to mention many of my peers in the industry.  Just one of those pesky ways the world moves on - but, you know, it was funny - I liked how you saw the same few people between several different forums, yet all forums had a different flavor to them.  I used to check like 5-10 forums multiple times a day!!

Bt

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2014, 05:27:47 PM »
I still check several forums, though some that I used to check have died off, or have become obnoxious to the point where I avoid them like the plague.  And of course, there were one or two that I got myself banned from.  And Steve got me banned from the Telltale forums because he wouldn't stop trying to drag me into a discussion about piracy.  Jerk.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2014, 07:42:55 AM »
...And Steve got me banned from the Telltale forums because he wouldn't stop trying to drag me into a discussion about piracy.  Jerk.

Who would have thought Steve would be so passionate — one way or the other — about sovereign vessel attacks on the high seas?   ???