Author Topic: Cameos in Video Games  (Read 3678 times)

Lupin

• Lackey
  • Liked: 1
  • Magic Knight and Time Lord
    • View Profile
Cameos in Video Games
« on: August 20, 2012, 12:22:51 PM »
I was going to have this thread be as a question to the development team on whether we can expect any cameo's in Quest for Infamy, be they other adventure game heroes or famous tv shows/books/etc characters. But then I realised that they would not answer that since the whole point of a cameo is that we are surprised when it appears.

So instead, how about this be what is some of your favourite cameos in games (doesn't have to be limited to adventure games)? At the moment for me, I can only think of two. In the Wolverine Origin's game, I remember coming across the hatch from Lost and Frostmore, which was really cool. And though I cannot remember where, I do remember seeing the TARDIS in an adventure game.

So what about you lot?

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Cameos in Video Games
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 03:51:19 PM »
There is a cameo in QFI, as you stated though, you'll never hear about it from us until you play the full game.

I can think of many instances in the old Sierra adventures that cameo's from other Sierra games happened. The Two Guys being mentioned in QFG1 helping get rid of the antwerp invasion for example. The Two Guys at the fair ground in Longbow.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 04:11:27 PM »
Actually, heh, QFI has cameos by a few backers too, that's for sure.

You know, we're video game guys.  There's bound to be a cameo... or two.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Broomie

• Chief Administrator
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 581
    • https://www.facebook.com/brooomie
    • broomie
    • https://twitter.com/jbroomie/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/JBroomie
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 04:14:26 PM »
Me in Quest for Glory 2 VGA. ;)

As for classic adventure games, Manny Calevera in Curse of Monkey Island and Earl from Dinosaurs in QFG1VGA. (presuming he wasn't in the original one)

And I always liked the GTA4 cameos including Ricky Gervais and Frankie Boyle.