Author Topic: Worst adventure game you've ever played  (Read 15193 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Worst adventure game you've ever played
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 02:31:15 PM »
I know, I kid! I kid.  That is a fine motion picture adaptation.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 03:48:33 PM »
I was going to have to pick you up and smack you in the (virtual) face if you were really criticizing the movie there BT.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 09:45:08 PM »
I bet BT is trembling at the thought of a Klytos virtual bitch slap

Than1134

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013, 10:12:12 PM »
quest for glory 4.5 is kinda terrible,  if mask of eternity counts as an adventure game the its my least favorite of Roberta's games. codename iceman is pretty bad, and so is escape from monkey island i hate monkey foo it's so crappy and it takes forever. 

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 01:17:54 AM »
4.5 was awesome, why don't people take it?  People need to just relax and enjoy all the humor of it.

Did people really expect a QFG VGA 2-style game from one single dude?

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 01:46:17 AM »
Ugh...Finally finished Gabriel Knight 2.  The endgame sequence might be the single worst thing I've ever played in adventure game history.  I might slot it in underneath Codename Iceman's sub sequences, but only just.  At least I finally finished the damn thing though.  What a piece of shit that endgame was.  Just trial and error bullshit over and over again--capped off by a fucking hair trigger timing sequence.  Oy.  Totally crushed any sense of investment I had in the plot up until that point.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 05:52:23 AM »
4.5 was awesome, why don't people take it?  People need to just relax and enjoy all the humor of it.

Did people really expect a QFG VGA 2-style game from one single dude?

David P. Gray managed to turn out the Hugo's House of Horror series, which while by no means a masterpiece, was pretty playable and offered generally interesting gameplay, passable humor, decent puzzles, and in the case of the first one, a chance to self-educate. The fact that people managed to put up with things like the stupid mummy, the stupid Venus flytraps, and the incredibly, incredibly stupid bridge shows how much appeal the parts that didn't suck had.

I think you just need to get used to the fact that your opinions aren't going to be very widely shared. You seem to revel in the type of things that would upset or offend most other people. There's some enjoyment to be had in that for the open-minded, but it's unreasonable to expect the average person to agree with you.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2013, 01:10:47 PM »
Very well, I just have to accept that some people are just incapable of enjoying QFG 4.5's highly sophisticated, avant-garde humor.

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2013, 07:05:19 PM »
Yep. We call them "people with good taste".

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2013, 12:21:57 AM »
Yep. We call them "people with good taste".

Wait... your method of insult seems familiar... I just KNOW I've seen you SOMEWHERE before...

http://www.youtube.c

om/watch?v=3NQa7Ieb1Nk#t=7m08s

(note- this game may or not be a prequel but in any case, I'm posting it weird so it doesn't have any real spoiler photos in it which it does if you post the whole link normally)