Author Topic: Politics: Rock the vote!!!  (Read 22330 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Politics: Rock the vote!!!
« on: October 20, 2012, 11:56:18 AM »
Hey everyone, just a reminder if you live in the USA to get out and vote in the November election.  Yeah i hate politics too, but voting is Important!!  Many have fought and died to give you this right!!!  So take 10 min out of your day and go Vote!

Too many people say "my vote doesnt count". Yes it does count.  Why let others make important decisions for you? By voting you get to have a say in Who runs this country of ours.  Sure politicians are crooked and Really dont serve the ideas and ideals they run on, but by voting you have a say in who gets to serve our country.  So Vote in every election. I do and so should You!!!!!
                                                        This a friendly service announcement by the Comittee who encourages  everyone to vote and Hates politics! ;D
**********Chadly*********************

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Politics: Rock the vote!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 12:11:33 PM »
Amen, Chadly.  I know some people say their vote doesn't matter - but it does.  It should matter to you.  In the end, that's what counts; you did what you knew was right in your heart.  And if you feel the system is broke, you don't fix it by not using it; you get involved.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 02:00:59 PM »
Your vote only counts if you live in one of the swing states.  ;)  Thank you, Electoral College.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 02:15:38 PM »
Saturday Night Live did a bit that nails it about the undecideds.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/404175#i1,p0,d2

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 05:45:20 PM »
Here is some fun candidates for President of the United States of America:
1.Bruce Springsteen. 2. Alice Cooper. 3.Gene Simons. 4.Ted Nugent.5.Beyonce.6.Jay LO. 7.Taylor Swift. 8.Miranda Lambert.  Now for Movie Stars: 1.Arnold Swartzenegger. 2.Clint Eastwood. 3.Russel Crowe. 3.Jim Carrey. 4.Michael Douglas. 5.John Wayne. 6.Robert De Niro. 7.Al Pacino. 8.George Carlin. 9. Denis Leary.
Finally some others for even more Laughter: 1.Bill O'Reilly 2.Glenn Beck 3.Rush Limbaugh 4.Jon Stewart 5.Bill Mahr 6.Dennis Miller 7.Anyone from MSNBC. 8.Andy Rooney

This is all in Good Fun Mind You, but i bet these folks would get plenty of votes! :) ;D

Still would't it be cool to hear Born in the USA or Cat Scratch Fever when the President made the state of the Union Address??????

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 05:55:41 PM »
Your vote only counts if you live in one of the swing states.  ;)  Thank you, Electoral College.

And I've heard that if we went by popular vote and not the Electoral College, only 4 states -- the most populous -- would matter: California, New York, Florida and Texas.   ;)

At least ~12 states or so are important, Electorally speaking, IIRK from the discussions during the 2004 or  2008 election cycle...

Oh, let's be honest: in every modern election, the Electoral College gets dissed...

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 06:35:36 PM »

And I've heard that if we went by popular vote and not the Electoral College, only 4 states -- the most populous -- would matter: California, New York, Florida and Texas.   ;)

At least ~12 states or so are important, Electorally speaking, IIRK from the discussions during the 2004 or  2008 election cycle...

Oh, let's be honest: in every modern election, the Electoral College gets dissed...

Haha, no you're right--the Electoral College is a necessity.  :)  And I live in a state that always tends to vote the way I politically lean, so it's no biggie, but it certainly can be frustrating.  If I were a conservative, I'd be pissed living in Illinois.  The rest of the state is majority conservative, but our electoral college votes always go Democratic because of Chicago.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 02:45:35 AM »
Well heck ya, the Electorial college was designed to keep large states with large populations from running the election.  Small states like HI, RI, etc would have no chance against the larger states like CA, TX, NY, OH, PA, etc.  Sure i am all for the popular vote but looks at the joke that was the 2000 election.  That made the USA look bad in the eyes of the World.  In my home state of PA most folks are Republicans but Erie and Pittsburgh demographics rule the roost so to speak.  Its all crazy, neither party gets anything done, SAD.

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 02:09:39 AM »
The Electoral College was designed to be a safe guard against a rash electorate. The Electoral College is based on population. It is rare that an election can be won by the electoral map, but lost in the popular. This only happens when populous states have a low turnouts and more sparsely populated states have high turnouts.

The grid lock is a more recent phenomena because of some who have placed party loyally ahead of the best interest of the country. It didn't use to be so. Congressional members used to socialize with each other and their families regardless of which side of the aisle the other came from. Many were close friends with others of the opposition party. When Reagan was shot, the Democratic Speaker of the House, Tip O'Neill, came and prayed at Reagan's bedside. They might have fought each other bitterly in Congress, but saw that they had more in common than not. They wanted to serve their country and were willing to compromise for the best interest of the country.

Now, some only seek only power and political gain, no matter the cost to the country. The idiot that defeated Dick Lugar said that his idea of compromise was for the Democrats to come complete over to his side. How can you work in good faith with anyone like that? And to think that this double digit IQ subhuman defeated someone of the caliber of Lugar.

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 08:33:25 PM »
That made the USA look bad in the eyes of the World.

'merica don't care what the WORLD thinks.  'cause we're more FREE, and they HATE that...

;)
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 08:39:18 AM »
Attention all Infamous:  Today is erection (oops i mean Election) Day.  Take 10 min out of your day and vote!  Thousands have died and fought for YOU, so who can have this right under our Democracy! :)   Chadly

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 08:50:25 AM »
No. They won't take my vote (except possibly in Florida).
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 10:02:47 AM »
Yep, you should all definitely vote if you possibly can. Even if you are on different opinions about various candidates, the worst thing anyone can do is not vote.

On a sort of offtopic, when my country voted for it's European Parliament representatives, only 35.7% of the whole country (460k out of 1.3M) voted and it was HELL after it, people complaining about the winning candidates. Luckily, my party won big-time, but if, say, 50% or 60% voted, the final result could've been completely different.

You may think that one vote doesn't count, but it does and unfortunately so many people think that way (I can't imagine how many millions skip voting in USA).

I usually don't make so long comments lol, buuuut while I'm at it, here's another EVEN BETTER example, again from my country. In 2009, when we previously voted for our European Parliament representatives, one party almost got 3 positions out of the total 6 that we have. They LITERALLY had 6 votes too few for 3 positions and got 2 instead. SIX VOTES!

So next time you think your vote doesn't matter, think of these stories. I'm not sure what's the average percentage of voters from USA, but I'm guessing there are quite a lot who don't vote (as in numbers, not percentages [especially compared to my country]).
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 10:14:37 AM »
I never vote,
ever..

sorry :(

I do know its important, true,
but if I do vote its only to get bad people out and that would be... well everyone

I hate politics, I hate our gov, I hate everything about usa's system
imo we need a riot and overthrow and thats all ill really say on that topic

and ill leave you with this quote and say that we are long over doooooo for a rebellion and that me voting only puts another idiot in some seat or office, all suck some worse some better but all in all, all bad all wrong

“The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.
  ― Thomas Jefferson, Letters of Thomas Jefferson

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 10:29:26 AM »
All bad and all wrong? Bullshit. Absolute bullshit. There are some good people in all parties and all levels of government trying to do good and build a better country. You may not agree with them but that doesn't make them bad.

Democracy isn't perfect but it's a shitload better than any other system out there, and the American system of democracy isn't perfect, but it's better than most other systems out there.

Saying I won't vote because they're all wrong and bad is just a cop out.