Author Topic: Sierra is back  (Read 16129 times)

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
Re: Sierra is back
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 05:22:12 PM »
GOG should be coming out with a much more polished version of the QfG collection with several fixes. Don't let that stop you from getting it now, though. Once purchased, you will be able to download it again after the next release.

Quest for Glory collection on GOG

This includes all six games.

Monster

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 12:48:15 AM »
GOG should be coming out with a much more polished version of the QfG collection with several fixes. Don't let that stop you from getting it now, though. Once purchased, you will be able to download it again after the next release.

Quest for Glory collection on GOG

This includes all six games.
And the whole thing for under $10!  That is a ludicrously good price.  I feel like I'm bargaining with Kalb at that price.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 09:03:17 AM »
What fixes does it need? QFG4 is seamless now and it was certainly the worst of the lot.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 04:34:46 PM »
There were some misconfigurations and missing files. The next release should sound a lot better and for some, look better, too.

mitsymckenzie777

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 05:57:09 PM »
Does this mean a possibility of a new Quest for Glory collection. ;D
Good Old Games have a great pack of all 5 games (plus the remake of QFG1) for sale for only $9.99. A certain bargain and one I bought myself. All the games are patched and work beautifully.

Well as long as they accept Pay Pal I'm in. Oh and QfG 2 VGA is compatibly with those versions I hope.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 06:51:14 PM »
They do accept PayPay, so Yay!  QF2 VGA isn't included with these versions - you'll have to download that, for free, from www.agdinteractive.com - but you can import your character from QFG1 to QFG2VGA and export your character from QFG2VGA to QFG3.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

mitsymckenzie777

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 10:58:03 PM »
They do accept PayPay, so Yay!

Thanks for letting me know I'll look into it at the first of the month.
Quote from: Blackthorne
QF2 VGA isn't included with these versions - you'll have to download that, for free, from www.agdinteractive.com

I know what I meant could I import the character with this version of QfG 1 and 3. as quoted below.
Quote from: blackthorne
- but you can import your character from QFG1 to QFG2VGA and export your character from QFG2VGA to QFG3.

Bt

Thanks for the help Blackthorne. As I said in this post after I get my money at the first I'll create a GOG account since they do accept PayPal.

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2012, 11:17:37 PM »
I've taken to paying with Paypal because my credit card always tacks on a few cents extra for the international service fee. No such fee with Paypal!

kendo17

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 01:18:25 AM »
Hmm... yes, it would appear so. I'm glad, space quest is my favorite. Id support if my family wasn't so poor. But it doesn't matter.

However, I was a little disappointed with Al Lowe's choice of redoing LSS1 because I felt there would have been a better market demographic for a different project altogether. Yes, I do know that was all he was able to squeeze from whomever owned the rights, too.