Author Topic: Family Crest Piece: 1 left to find  (Read 5225 times)

FighterFreak

Family Crest Piece: 1 left to find
« on: September 01, 2014, 07:37:40 PM »
I have the Living "Waterfall" piece, the Dead "Centai" piece, and the Servants "Japsworth" piece. Having trouble finding the last one. I'm sure it's in the ruins of the Killington place. The chimney most likely. Do I need to smoke it out first? Or am I way off track here?

garr

• Villain
  • Liked: 68
    • View Profile
Re: Family Crest Piece: 1 left to find
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 07:40:07 PM »
hay n wet moss or hay n a blob of tobacco.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 01:22:50 AM »
and yea btw this step can be done far to early

early enough that it makes cut scenes appear that you wont really understand just yet

as soon as u get the items you can do it, and its waay earlier than near end of act 1

I did it, and was like wtf is going on here? ohhh musta done something to fast or soon

shrug

might want to add an option to say,  "ive got no reason to do that just now" or something as such
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 11:15:20 PM »
don't want to creat a new topic, but noticed something odd in first part of the game.
After talking to Brattle about fish pole, when you go back to gate of Volksville, the fish pole
floats into view. in an earlier game I could use smithy tongs to get the pole, but past couple
of games, the tongs are not at the smithy area.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 01:26:00 AM »
odd they should be there as long as THEY ARENT IN YOUR INV
or he isnt using them!

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 08:17:37 AM »
The fishing pole only gets you a big bottle of multipurpose fish oil that actually only lasts for a couple of uses. Another odd thing is about the moonshiner. Once you get the quest from Rayford, go get a skinned rabbit and give that to the moonshiner before talking to him. You will have options for asking about the woodsmen AND the moonshiner.

You're really working your brain and doing well. I can't even get anything from the first book phrase. Maybe I too should think a lot.

I think I accidentally coaxed info about the atm number. All I really wanted was confirmation about my save file in the library. Seems as if anyone who got a physical copy of the game would have found the atm code somewhere among the materials sent to them. Which proves the notion, one should always think illogical.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 09:13:55 AM »
well on the bank cards those are backer items

real items,

im just thinking bt just didnt know that those numbers had to be used and really thought it could be anything (which would mean only backers can find the bar for sure)(
or us forum dwellers

as for the fishing pole i kept it .. still looking for a use for that n the feather instead of their normal bs

its actually when I think less that I come up with the best stuff
again ill give the same example
those posters you have to kinda stare at to make a 3d image pop out
but if you stare with focus you wont see the big picture if you stoner daaze into it you will see it..
kinda one of those
thinking without thinking

sleep and number 2's and 420s are best for that

btw did you find the tongs?

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 09:38:12 AM »
Nope. In a previous game, first noticed the pole in edge of river. Finally figured on the tongs because remember seeing them any time during day. Already had Udo's oils, so that wasn't killing the need for the big bottle of fish oil, and not needing any extra.

I'll try starting a new game, and instead of talking to Udo, go directly to Brattle and ask about the pole, then go to smithy area and see if tongs are there.

Just tried a new game, playing as well - nothing yet actually, and still no tongs. Minor issue, so back to the BOOK. l a t e r

Started another game and became a brigand. Since the tongs are needed to aid in melting the teeth, they are always at the smith area day after day. Could the game somehow decide that only brigands need the tongs?
I doubt that. Funny how insignificant things get into places where you can't scratch?

After starting a new tame, first exhaust all dialogues with Udo.
Go east and north to fisherman Brattle and ask about all, including fishing pole.
Back to front gate and see pole float into view. Enter Volksville and talk to everyone
till after the execution. Don't choose a character yet. Go talk to the blacksmith, then
get near horse and in sneak mode. When smith turns to furnace, touch horse to untie,
then touch again to scare it away. Smith runs after horse. Don't get tongs yet. Go
choose your character and do what is necessary. After waking up next morning, go
to the blacksmith shop and tongs will be there. Go use them to get pole. then return
tongs of course.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 02:27:52 PM »
Yeah, I thought it was setup so you just had to USE the ATM, but you have to enter the correct numbers.  So I gave them out in the other thread.  YA GOT ONE BIG FREEBIE FROM OLE BT, who loves ya!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 04:24:20 PM »
bt loves us   oh yes he does .. whos a good boy 
* Kaldire scratches bt behind ears as his foot thumps floor

aww sa good boooy

hehe ty  :P

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Family Crest Piece: 1 left to find
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 04:29:12 PM »
Nope. In a previous game, first noticed the pole in edge of river. Finally figured on the tongs because remember seeing them any time during day. Already had Udo's oils, so that wasn't killing the need for the big bottle of fish oil, and not needing any extra.

After starting a new tame, first exhaust all dialogues with Udo.
Go east and north to fisherman Brattle and ask about all, including fishing pole.
Back to front gate and see pole float into view. Enter Volksville and talk to everyone
till after the execution. Don't choose a character yet. Go talk to the blacksmith, then
get near horse and in sneak mode. When smith turns to furnace, touch horse to untie,
then touch again to scare it away. Smith runs after horse. Don't get tongs yet. Go
choose your character and do what is necessary. After waking up next morning, go
to the blacksmith shop and tongs will be there. Go use them to get pole. then return
tongs of course.

heya

well odd, as in the prologue, its day, hence no blacksmith,
tongs are usually right there...
i never had an issue keeping the darn tongs in my inv, ever
odd i know just i never walked to the blacksmith until he wasnt there and tossed em back if i wanted to talk to him

same as the pole, i keep trying to use it to tie up my wedding tackle.. hahaha
so i burst with pee
no dice
got a feeling there is another use for that pole, 
but idk maybe not, there should be

use pole on pond  pull out SEA BEAST FROM black lagooonaaaa beach
ruunnn ahh
use feather on  stewarts feet  hahaha oh my ..
use feather on hookers (ahem working ladies)  oh we have our own ticklers and a pickle to boot
muhaha

ahem i digress
lack of sleep
must.. find bt

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 05:34:28 PM »
Since someone lost it, I gave it back for a big bottle of multi purpose fish oil.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 05:51:46 PM »
seems like a little tooo much work just few petty bly worth of oil,

juuust a thought

lol

as a tester mentality and old tester myself I try to use everything on everything an one..
:P

hope to see more use for items in future games, multi uses
example the key for brattles,  you can use it to get in, or you can just give it right to prospero
if you dont go in the house and loot it, well, you miss out on an achievement and funny stuff

odd thing is you DONT need perfume at all, just keep going in and out, so again that also has no real use
the perfume I mean,

not that I can find