Author Topic: What do y'all think of "mage's initiation"?  (Read 43331 times)

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
Re: What do y'all think of "mage's initiation"?
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2019, 09:32:18 AM »
The cutscenes were going in the game either way as they were in the original screenplay and an integral part of the plot. So if we hadn't met the stretch goal it would have just been done with sprites in-engine (possibly with some closeups?) and done for the base amount of the Kickstarter goal. That's my guess, anyway.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2019, 02:15:07 PM »
The cutscenes were going in the game either way as they were in the original screenplay and an integral part of the plot. So if we hadn't met the stretch goal it would have just been done with sprites in-engine (possibly with some closeups?) and done for the base amount of the Kickstarter goal. That's my guess, anyway.

Ultimately that would have been more Sierra-like, and probably would have kept the aesthetics more consistent.  I can't help but think that such a thing would have been the better directorial call.  Personally, I don't mind the cutscenes; I don't think they detract from the experience, really, but I totally understand why people have found them off-putting.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2019, 10:29:20 AM »
Boy, I feel kind of bad about the ole adventure games scene - I mean, there seems to be little chatter about Mage's or many other adventure games (besides Wadjeteye's games) on forums or even social media.  Even in usual chatty places, it's been silent for a while. 

I mean, it's no surprise, but it really makes me feel like our scene is dying the death many have said it was for years!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

caldric

• Lackey
  • Liked: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2019, 01:43:22 PM »
Don't worry about it too much, BT. The genre has died before. ;)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2019, 08:38:32 AM »
Heh, I don't worry about it too much.  But I am sad that we are past the enthusiasm of the adventure game revival.  I honestly wish it worked out better for everyone.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2019, 10:21:36 AM »
Yeah, we had about a month of buzz and that was about it. I'm super happy we got even that, though. And when people were talking about it they were loving it. Won't trade that for anything. It was nice just to be a part of something like that even if it doesn't get any more attention than it's gotten so far.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2019, 08:10:56 AM »
Yeah, we had about a month of buzz and that was about it. I'm super happy we got even that, though. And when people were talking about it they were loving it. Won't trade that for anything. It was nice just to be a part of something like that even if it doesn't get any more attention that it's gotten so far.

Yeah, though I suspect the game will have a long tail.  But still... it stinks.  The excitement that was palpable seven years ago is pretty dormant now.