Author Topic: Minor typos and bugs  (Read 6241 times)

miriya

• Villain
  • Liked: 37
    • View Profile
Minor typos and bugs
« on: July 22, 2014, 04:18:45 AM »
I've now finished playing through the game with all three classes, although it's clear that there are things I still haven't found.  Thank you so much for making such a wonderful world for me to explore!  I kept some notes of minor typos and bugs I found while playing.  Instead of putting each in a separate topic, I'm just going to list them below. 

TYPOS:
Spoiler (hover to show)

MINOR LABELLING ISSUES:
Spoiler (hover to show)

MINOR BUGS:
Spoiler (hover to show)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Minor typos and bugs
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 07:11:39 AM »
Voleris knows his name because she knows EVERYTHING.  She is very astute, and always has her ear to the grindstone.  Her agents told her of Mr. Roehm before he even got there.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

miriya

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 12:13:25 PM »
I can accept that she knows his name from the get-go, but HE doesn't know that she knows his name.  The exchange when she orders him to come to the mayors house has him react quite strongly to her knowing his name when he hasn't given it to her.  If he's going to react that way, then it should either happen right at the start when he meets her and she uses his name, or she should hide the fact she knows his name to make the "come to see the mayor" scene consistent.  It sticks out also because he reacts strongly to Rayford knowing his name, and even
Spoiler (hover to show)

I know it's a tough thing to address because you're not going to re-record voice lines, but perhaps the "Mr. Roehm" can be edited out of the end of that line and it'll still sound resolved, or perhaps a line like "Thank you, sir" could be used in its place.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 12:18:15 PM »
Well, the Voleris thing aside--

Holy crap, great list.  Thanks for doing that!  I'm going to make one big report in our bug-tracking software that just directs our programmers straight to this thread.  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

miriya

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 12:30:08 PM »
You're welcome!  I've had a small break before my new job starts next month, and I was happy to spend some time on such a wonderful game.  I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

Sorry to belabor the Voleris thing.  It just stuck out to me.  Perhaps I'm the only one who noticed!

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 12:32:11 PM »
No worries!  You're right, of course.  But at this point I don't think we're able to get most of the voice actors back for re-records (unless they're very glaring issues.)  The narrator is really the only one we're easily able to re-record, because he's a team member.  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

miriya

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 01:27:20 PM »
I couldn't imagine trying to set up for a re-record even if the actors were available!  That's above and beyond bug-fixing and patching.  That's why I was thinking about a sound wizard editing a pre-existing line or dropping in a line that'd work in its place.  I really should have put it down as a wish-list item instead of a bug! 

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 08:44:15 PM »
We could get the actor for Ned O'King back easily enough, I'm sure. But it seems that his lines were delivered perfectly and won't require any updates.  ;D

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1039
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 09:40:54 PM »
I'd say it's easy enough to get a hold of the actors which were recorded remotely.

It's the actors which were recorded in studio which is harder to organise because of the need to organise the studio :P
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 11:05:39 PM »
We could get the actor for Ned O'King back easily enough, I'm sure. But it seems that his lines were delivered perfectly and won't require any updates.  ;D

I heard that the actor who played Ned O'King once derailed a train and ate it piece by piece. FOR CHARITY!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 06:57:56 AM »
I heard he has a shitload of news lines to record that IQ haven't told him about yet!

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 09:12:08 AM »
are they going to record the scream of anguish when someone tells him about the new lines too?
When you're a farrier you need to know these things