Author Topic: What's the status of Roehm to Ruin?  (Read 32686 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: What's the status of Roehm to Ruin?
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2018, 09:30:22 AM »
It's nice to see that there are people excited about Roehm to Ruin - though, honestly, it makes me a little nervous.  RtR is a much smaller game than QFI was.  I really like it, and it's fun - it's a great little chapter in the QFI story - but I don't think we'd ever be able to make a game as large as QFI again.  That was just a crazy time - we all had high hopes and lots of ambition.  Our scope has been tempered for sure... I was going through the gigabytes of raw files for QFI, not only the finished assets, but the sketches, ideas, unused stuff... that was a huge production.   I do hope you'll enjoy Roehm to Ruin, though.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2018, 12:39:57 PM »
It's nice to see that there are people excited about Roehm to Ruin - though, honestly, it makes me a little nervous.  RtR is a much smaller game than QFI was.  I really like it, and it's fun - it's a great little chapter in the QFI story - but I don't think we'd ever be able to make a game as large as QFI again.  That was just a crazy time - we all had high hopes and lots of ambition.  Our scope has been tempered for sure... I was going through the gigabytes of raw files for QFI, not only the finished assets, but the sketches, ideas, unused stuff... that was a huge production.   I do hope you'll enjoy Roehm to Ruin, though.

Bt

Well, as long as we get to select Roehm's career path again in RtR (Brigand, Sorcerer, or Thief), I'm sure it'll do just fine...

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2018, 04:56:36 PM »
:(

umm

its a very short game mate.
I give it 20-40 min tops for those that know how to play these games
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2018, 06:21:49 PM »
20-40 minutes is a very big exaggeration. It's more like a few hours. Like all adventure games, you could smash it out quite quickly if you knew exactly what to do and the optimum path. I can knock over the early KQ games (3 excepted because of timers) in a pretty short amount of time. But there's certainly more than 20 minutes worth of content in R2R.

Goatmeal - I hate to say it, but there's no classing in R2R. It's a prequel, he can't class up here then forget it in 6 weeks time when he gets to Volksville! What we've done is a number of ways to deal with most situations which are our three classes orientated. As an example, early on in the game there's a thief you have to deal with, and there's a brigand approach, a thief approach, a coward approach, and a "don't give a stuff" approach. There's a number of those type of situations. It's a more melded approach to the classes.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2018, 08:33:51 PM »
Goatmeal - I hate to say it, but there's no classing in R2R. It's a prequel, he can't class up here then forget it in 6 weeks time when he gets to Volksville! What we've done is a number of ways to deal with most situations which are our three classes orientated. As an example, early on in the game there's a thief you have to deal with, and there's a brigand approach, a thief approach, a coward approach, and a "don't give a stuff" approach. There's a number of those type of situations. It's a more melded approach to the classes.

;)

I know, Klytos -- I was only kidding!   ;D  Just trying to give Blackthorne a heart attack about our [over] expectations for RtR.

The choices you describe make sense for the prequel -- Can't wait for its release...   8)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2018, 06:11:29 PM »
20-40 minutes is a very big exaggeration. It's more like a few hours. Like all adventure games, you could smash it out quite quickly if you knew exactly what to do and the optimum path. I can knock over the early KQ games (3 excepted because of timers) in a pretty short amount of time. But there's certainly more than 20 minutes worth of content in R2R.

Yea tis true, Im using the testers timer here, lol so of course I can glide through the game in 10-20 min doing everything.

didnt mean for that to be the avg person...as I said for people that know how to play these games.
I was trying to imply the people who had played them already, not just advents

my estimate is about 1-2 hrs for those reading everything, maybe extra time for some achievements and replay for a few others that cant be done on the same line.

I love this prequel though. it sets qfi up nicely!
had a "pick of destiny" vibe feel.
the "prick of infamy" as in a-hole, rohemmmmm

hehe

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2018, 07:39:05 PM »
Goatmeal,

I did have that heart attack omg

Bt

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2018, 08:54:11 PM »
Goatmeal,

I did have that heart attack omg

Bt

That's what we call "Mission Accomplished" !   ;D

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2018, 01:33:50 AM »
Hell man, we all friends here.  "Lets not give the creators of said world, ANY MORE HEALTH PROBLEMS. LOL."  I  mean damn Steve, is plucking away at these games with a bad kidney, with kids under two,  Shawn has kids too.  Myself i'.m just a supporter, I have family and responsibilities too, I support everyone, here period! Whatever my poor ass can do to help I will do.  Thanks,  Chadly....
**********Chadly*********************

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2018, 04:18:13 PM »
Lolz to all
hehe

bt check ur BP
roll an INT check also

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2018, 10:10:41 AM »
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give an update and check in here: Roehm to Ruin has been kind of on hold for the past month or so, as I just haven't had time to work on it.  Which is okay, it's still in a solid place; we just have to finish up the programming for the "loot drop" from the tower game as far as big setpieces go. 

Having time off from development also lets me go back and play with fresh eyes and ears, so maybe a few other odds and sods will get tightened up and/or polished.  Thanks to everyone who has play tested it so far, and thanks to those who will when we release the next beta.

I think I may have more energy and time to work on it after I start dialysis again, hopefully that will pick me up some... you never know, though, I could end up sick for a month after starting it.  It's a crap shoot.  All I know is that I've really felt terrible the past few months, I don't sleep well, I have no energy, and any energy and free time I have now is for my family.

I hope you all are doing well out there, I know everyone's got their own issues.  At least there's some cool adventure games on the horizon from some friends of ours - Unavowed from WadjetEye Games launches this month!  And Lamplight City from Grundislav Games is coming soon too.  So, hopefully after all the hubub from their releases dies down a bit, we can get on to releasing QFI: Roehm to Ruin.

Recently, I've been thinking about how QFI came about after my last transplant; after it happened and things were great, a fire was lit under my ass and we hustled to finish SQ2 and then we steeled our resolve to make QFI happen. And we did.

So maybe after this transplant, we can finally make Quest for Infamy 2 happen, proper.  Shawn and I have had the story and setting developed for years now.  Perhaps we could do it.  Anyway, I appreciate all of you who have stuck around our forums, been fans and encouraged us.  Times have looked bleak, but I know at our core, the folks here at IQ are strong.

Bt

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
  • Liked: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2018, 02:41:36 PM »
I hope it works. I've been hoping for QfI2 because the first part has quite an open ending.
I really feel sorry for you. How is it possible for life-saving surgery not to be refunded? Nobody should be expected to pay for survival. Nobody should be expected to die just because they happen not to have money for surgery.
I don't care where does healthcare get money from. For all I care, they can even print their money. But free healthcare is a human right.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2018, 12:26:25 PM »
I hope it works. I've been hoping for QfI2 because the first part has quite an open ending.

It's not official / cannon, but...

Three-and-a-half years ago, I made a joke in another IQ thread that there was a "special" ending to QFI which gave a preview of QFI2.  I even provided a summary for everyone who couldn't find it in the game -- which was everyone, because it's not there.  It was all just nonsense I made up to tease my fellow QFI fans.

I still believe it has the feel of how a QFI2 sequel might start...

( ATTENTION: MAJOR QFI2 SPOILERS -- DON'T READ!!! )

Spoiler (hover to show)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2018, 12:48:51 PM »
And Goat, I fell for it, like a dumb ass.  I remember laughing about it, (after being pissed at you). It was a good story/joke.  :) 8) *****After years of being anonymous; like the Sig, I proudly present pic of myself. Damn, it looked better when I took it on my S8.******* LOL.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2018, 01:00:52 PM »
Hey Team Bt and Klytos, or anyone who knows? How many posts do I need to get to Mastermind instead of Senior Villain????