Author Topic: Kickstarters that I'm patiently waiting for.  (Read 2864 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Kickstarters that I'm patiently waiting for.
« on: April 15, 2018, 08:30:56 PM »
Hi.  If any who post here still follow or support Kickstarter, here a couple i am waiting for.  Spaceventure by Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe. Basically Space Quest with out being called Space Quest.  6 Years and counting for this one sadly.  Hero U by Lori and Corey Cole, Quest for Glory without being Quest for Glory. 5 years, but near complete.  Star Citizen by Chris Roberts, of Wing Commander fame.  Hell this one has raised millions of dollars more than any other Kickstarter and still isn't on Beta yet.  Don't know what to think about that one, looks impressive tho.  Any thoughts on above Kickstarters or Kickstarter in General????  Chadly.
**********Chadly*********************

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Kickstarters that I'm patiently waiting for.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 08:51:00 PM »
I've backed all three of these. I don't know if Star Citizen will be released, or if it is I very much doubt they'll get everything into it they promised. I don't have any doubts that the SpaceVenture and Hero-U will be finished and released in the near future. I think they'll both be great games. It's a shame they've taken so long, but each have had their own difficulties. I think those difficulties are exactly the same as if they were making a game with a developer like Sierra, but in these cases because of Kickstarter, it's all public.

I have thoughts about Kickstarter as a platform! I don't know if I want to get into them too deeply here, but I'll just say that I think it's a great way to raise money to finance a game if you can't go through traditional avenues. I also don't think I'll ever do one again (never say never though!)
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstarters that I'm patiently waiting for.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 09:13:59 PM »
@Klytos, I understand your thoughts on Kickstarter.  I have lost faith due to being burned, yes it's always a gamble.  As to you folks not doing another i understand that perfectly, too many assholes bitching about rewards who don't understand all the time/money it takes to make a game. The public scrutiny is intense as I see it.  Hell there are folks who complain about rewards from QFI on other KS comment pages and they aren't nice at all.  Going into the hole is not the purpose of making the game.  The money i have given to QFI, Order, Roehm to Ruin was to get the game made period.  I can only imagine at Shipping costs/manufactering costs of rewards.  Even as I have personally worked at a Shipping company.  Keep up the good work Guys and if you do make another game I will be the first to support it money wise.  Sadly no one makes the games we played on our youth anymore.  Chadly
**********Chadly*********************