Author Topic: Magecites QFI review :D  (Read 2483 times)

magecite

Magecites QFI review :D
« on: July 12, 2014, 10:39:01 PM »
Well I have now played through the game and figured I would post a little review :)

Well overall the puzzles were quite intuitive and well done. I did get stuck at one point but overall I was quite pleased.  Now my girlfriend and I disagree with this but she felt there was no direction on where to go.  I thought there was with the kind of side quests which in turn progressed you forward until you learn about the Centaii then the objective becomes quite clear.

The combat I wasn't really impressed with, it was alright but seemed to take way to much from QFG4 which didn't have a great combat system.  I also was confused on why my character was missing so much with every attack type on just about every single creature.  Didn't matter that I literally spent hours levelling the combat up of all types sometimes the amount of swings he would miss with would be absolutely staggering.  Even when using the "correct" attacks against creatures the miss rate is huge.

Also the creatures I was quite surprised I never bumped into a wolf (I assume there is a wolf as there is a guy that buys wolf fur) and only saw one snake the entire game.  Also with that snake I never got a venom sack from it yet could from spiders.

However the humour we found good and the story entertaining. The plot seemed to move along nicely.  I did find it strange that act one was so long, yet act 2 and 3 took virtually no time at all.  I loved the map but perhaps make the borders clearer as to exactly where you can and cant click.

Overall I though the game was great and well worth the money and I will be recommending it to people to get.  Can't wait for a sequel and great job guys.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Magecites QFI review :D
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 10:45:14 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts!  It's great to hear that you enjoyed the game.  :)

It's definitely been a learning experience, and we have plenty of ideas of ways we can expand and improve certain elements if the interest is there for a sequel.

We'll take a look the snake venom sack thing, as you're definitely supposed to be able to get sacks from them.  If need be, we'll fix that in a future update.  Thanks for letting us know though.

In the mean time, try one of the other classes!  There's new characters and side-quests to solve for each class.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.