Author Topic: Quest for Infamy Will Be Released on June 26th 2014  (Read 23645 times)

Broomie

• Chief Administrator
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 581
    • https://www.facebook.com/brooomie
    • broomie
    • https://twitter.com/jbroomie/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/JBroomie
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
Quest for Infamy Will Be Released on June 26th 2014
« on: April 30, 2014, 10:27:20 AM »
It's my extreme privilege and honor to be able to announce to you the release date of Quest For Infamy.

It's been... wow, a journey.  But I think we've created a really amazing, classic style adventure and I just hope you like it.  To all the backers who made this happen - thank you, from the whole team.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP9j1Anqe5o" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP9j1Anqe5o</a>

The Digital Downloads will be available that day - in the coming months, we'll be confirming your emails, etc to make sure you'll get your download codes as backers - Physical Rewards will be following after the digital release of the game, and we'll keep you more informed about that the closer we get.... but we're just so excited to be able to share the game with you!

On behalf of all of us here at IQ - thanks, and we'll see you soon!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
Re: Quest for Infamy Will Be Released on June 26th 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 01:06:40 PM »
'Bout time.

>:(

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 01:19:16 PM »
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 10:26:54 PM »
Congrats guys!! A couple more months hard work and you can start the process all over again?

What do the next two months look like for you BT? I am sure you must have  a lot of varied tasks I think it would be interesting for fans to get an insight into the kind of things you have to tick off.

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 01:08:12 AM »
If they look like the last two months then it will look like bugs and more bugs, and then finally less bugs  :P
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

rugged

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 05:56:21 AM »
Yeah the bugs were a given, I was interested in what the other 1000 things on the to do list would be.there are the logistics of getting the physical game posted, the hint book, press interview and I am sure heaps of other things tha are involved in launching a game which I have no clue about.

Sjors

• Recruit
  • Liked: 4
  • IA monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 06:19:27 AM »
Hey Steve, Shawn and the rest of the bunch,

Instead of liking 23 different posts on Facebook, I'll take this opportunity to congratulate you all on this momentous occasion; it must feel intensely gratifying to finally see your original idea come to fruition!!! :)
Can't wait to play the game! Also very curious to see the growth this team has (undoubtedly) gone through in the past two years :)

Keep up the good work, and as always; cheers!
Sjors  8)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 06:19:45 AM »
Here's a small portion of our to-do list, mate. Plus of course, bug squashing!

1 - Steam integration (setting up achievements, stats etc)
2 - Helping our official wiki partner set up the Quest for Infamy wiki
3 - Sending out early versions of the game to media
4 - Interviews (sometimes at stupid o'clock for me as you could relate to living in the 2nd best country on earth)
5 - Getting the final rewards printed then packaged and posted (if you want to know about the amount of effort required for packaging and posting ask Katie at POS about her experiences with Cognition.)
6 - Organising to get the game to our retail outlets (Humble Store, Good Old Games etc)
7 - Soundtrack - Organising the soundtrack to be released at the same time, graphic design of the covers etc

There's heaps more, the strategy guide itself is a very large undertaking, plus we're working on ports for iOS and Android as well (no promises there, we're working on them that's all I'll say. Adventure Game Studio isn't the most versatile engine for porting to other platforms.)

~ Shawn

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 06:21:49 AM »
Hey Steve, Shawn and the rest of the bunch,

Instead of liking 23 different posts on Facebook, I'll take this opportunity to congratulate you all on this momentous occasion; it must feel intensely gratifying to finally see your original idea come to fruition!!! :)
Can't wait to play the game! Also very curious to see the growth this team has (undoubtedly) gone through in the past two years :)

Keep up the good work, and as always; cheers!
Sjors  8)

Thanks mate! A lot of changes from the old IA days. A bit more structured in our approach to game making, a lot bigger focus on deadlines as well! The graphics are, I must say, the single best post-Sierra adventure game graphics out there (in this style and resolution of course!) and that's the biggest change we've gone through, just the continual improvement!

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 10:01:46 AM »
Shawn hit it up on the lists - lots of getting in contact with people, setting up things so they're distributed properly... also, continuing to fix bugs!  Interviews, press.  Making sure I take time out to play with my dogs.... making sure I take care of my wife.  She's going to be out of commission for a couple of weeks following a minor surgery coming up, so I'll have to be the good hubby and make sure she's comfortable....

Hah.  Really, it's not that interesting.  A lot of sitting at a computer, going down a list, doing two or three things, having several phone calls, then posting about it on facebook to relieve a bit of stress, then going back and doing it again.

As Jackson Browne once sang, "... and when the morning light comes streaming in, you get up and do it again. Amen."

Bt

rugged

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 05:40:43 PM »
Well again congrats guys, hoping everything goes well for you over the next little while and that stress levels don't get to high!

Who knows Shawn if your sales really go through the roof you might be able to get that sex change op (ok I might be teasing you today because I know that the aussies are going to put 50 on us tonight!)

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 07:03:10 PM »
Who knows Shawn if your sales really go through the roof you might be able to get that sex change op
is that true Shawn? You want to be a man? ;)
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 07:06:27 PM »
Who knows Shawn if your sales really go through the roof you might be able to get that sex change op
is that true Shawn? You want to be a man? ;)

This...just made my day.  ;D
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 01:52:57 AM »
Wow, I didn't realize there was still so much left to be done...I've said it before, but you all truly amaze the crap outta me.  I have learned so much about what goes into a project of this size, and it's been a huge eye-opener.   Never again will I be that annoying idiot asking, "so when's the game coming out--soon, right??  Is it ready, is it done yet??"   ::)

And I agree with Mr. Shawn (Miss? ;D), that the graphics in this game are the best I've probably EVER seen since the Sierra/Lucasarts days, and it was the first thing that sold me on backing this game--there's just SO much incredible talent that you all have.  Ok, I'm blubbering now, I'm sure you get my point...

Edit:  just an FYI Bt, I don't know how often you check the AGS forum site but I was just looking at your release date announcement on the website and noticed the moderator (Darth) saying you needed to put a couple of in-game screenshots to your earlier post.  If you already saw & remedied that, then just ignore me.  I just didn't want him to lock your post.   :P

SL