Author Topic: Mythical Creatures  (Read 6361 times)

Lupin

• Lackey
  • Liked: 1
  • Magic Knight and Time Lord
    • View Profile
Mythical Creatures
« on: July 22, 2012, 02:42:11 PM »
In case you don't follow them on twitter (and your only excuse is that you do not have a twitter account), a recent topic the Quest for Infamy team had was, if you could battle any mythical creature in the game, what would it be and why?

Personally, I always liked the Manticore, a creature with the head of a man, body of a lion and the tail of a scorpion. And considering it has the head of a man, it would be interesting to have it be a character in the game (with his body covered with a robe or something) that you could talk to and maybe do quests for, only for it to be revealed later on that he is a monster you have to kill.

I also would love to see something Norse related in this game, but the only monsters I could think of from Norse Mythology are the various giants and the children of Loki

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
Re: Mythical Creatures
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 03:21:02 PM »
Wikipedia has a few entries of creatures, though most not monsters. A few could be used. Draugr and lindworm may make for good combatants. Most of the monsters were dragons or sea monsters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Creatures_in_Norse_mythology

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 03:51:43 PM »
Ugh...draugr---I am getting flashes of the endless identical waves of them from Skyrim.  No thank you.  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 04:55:03 PM »
The spawn that comes from the mating of a unicorn and a pegasus: either a pega-corn or a uni-sus.

You just KNOW that the offspring of two such goody-goody creatures must by its very definition be TOTALLY evil and bad-A.

He could block your attacks with its wings, and stab at you with its horn.

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 11:03:17 PM »
The spawn that comes from the mating of a unicorn and a pegasus: either a pega-corn or a uni-sus.

I think that's called an alicorn, actually.

I rather enjoy the fights where the key to victory lies in something other than the fight itself... like the wraiths in Quest for Glory 4 that you had to have a talisman or a spell to approach safely. Having too much of that would obviously be pretty tedious, but there should be one or two fights where you need to do something before you can successfully defeat the opponent. A certain boss in Demon's Souls comes to mind...

As for an actual type of creature, I like the idea of having to fight something that's typically considered benevolent, like a fairy. It would be pretty hard to draw a bead on it, so you'd have to have great aim or speed to make much progress with a weapon, but magic would be handy. It would probably attack with magic as well, since its physical prowess is unlikely to be very impressive... but as a magical creature, it could be surprisingly strong!

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 11:27:27 PM »
        Here is an idea for a monster to fight and defeat.  It is a mini tyranosaurus who wears a dunce cap, glasses, has a kick me sign on its back.  It's name is Dorkasaurus and it throws books at you and taunts you with quotes from Shakespeare!!! lol :) ;) 8)
**********Chadly*********************

Draven

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 12:51:15 AM »
Cthulhu

Why? Because it doesn't get much better than Lovecraft!

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 01:04:31 AM »
Cthulhu

Why? Because it doesn't get much better than Lovecraft!

This is full of win.  I'd love to fight an Old One.  Cthulhu ftaghn!
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

DrSlash

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 727
    • buckazoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 01:21:19 PM »
Hard do decide which one'd be better, so my list is - Manticore, Hydra, Kraken.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests".