Author Topic: How do I eat to avoid starving?  (Read 4566 times)

Neeleej

• Recruit
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
How do I eat to avoid starving?
« on: July 17, 2014, 04:56:48 PM »
That might be a stupid question, but I seem to be kind of hosed right now. I didn't realize I HAD to eat, I didn't, and now a minute or two into my play session, Roehm dies of starvation. I have food in my inventory, but can't seem to eat it. Suggestions? (Oh, and I can't seem to find anywhere to get food at night.)

Thx ahead of time.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: How do I eat to avoid starving?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 05:02:51 PM »
If you have rations in your inventory, Roehm will eat them automatically at the start of each day.  Otherwise, you can eat at the inn by sitting down at the table on the right.  Not all food items will be automatically consumed; some are used for puzzle solutions.  You can buy rations at a few different places in Volksville, or they can be looted from some enemies.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Browncoat Jayson

• Recruit
  • Liked: 7
    • View Profile
    • Digital Lycaeum
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 06:30:46 PM »
I can't ever seem to eat at the inn at night, even if I don't have any rations, but in can in the morning. Every morning after waking up, I get the "You don't have any food for the day" message before I even leave my room, but then I can eat downstairs and that seems to hold until the next day.

If I have rations, I must eat instead of getting that message, because I can't eat at the inn in the morning or evening, and my rations slowly deplete.
Join me in New Britannia!

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 09:38:14 PM »
I can't ever seem to eat at the inn at night, even if I don't have any rations, but in can in the morning. Every morning after waking up, I get the "You don't have any food for the day" message before I even leave my room, but then I can eat downstairs and that seems to hold until the next day.

If I have rations, I must eat instead of getting that message, because I can't eat at the inn in the morning or evening, and my rations slowly deplete.

This is how it's set up to work.  You only need to eat once a day to keep up with the game's starvation timer.  Having to do it more than once a day starts to get in the way of normal gameplay unless you're just carrying tons of rations.  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Neeleej

• Recruit
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 01:52:09 AM »
Thank you!

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 02:27:57 AM »
Just FYI, I believe we will have made an adjustment in the next update to change when Roehm auto-eats his rations so that the player has the option to eat breakfast at the inn if they have just spent the night there.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 07:18:43 AM »
For an amusing way to get rations, buy them from Matthew The Meat Hut Guy.  He is ornery.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Dutchman

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 09:39:02 AM »
Just FYI, I believe we will have made an adjustment in the next update to change when Roehm auto-eats his rations so that the player has the option to eat breakfast at the inn if they have just spent the night there.
I was about to say, I had breakfast at the inn exactly once, and spent quite a few nights there. I always figured that A) the game ate the rations too quickly or frequently or B) the food was bad because the narrator mentions something along the lines of "Not for this food!"

Browncoat Jayson

• Recruit
  • Liked: 7
    • View Profile
    • Digital Lycaeum
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 03:58:05 PM »
I think delaying eating rations until "noon" would be about right, and correct the issue either way (if you ate at night, you'd still be full, and if you eat in the morning you'd get there first).

Yeah, not for this food is probably about right, with Ina standing nearby.  8)
Join me in New Britannia!