Author Topic: message for BT  (Read 4827 times)

asianmusicguy

• Villain
  • Liked: 16
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
message for BT
« on: March 04, 2013, 04:49:58 PM »
not sure where to put this but Steve after seeing what  broomie put you through i decided to give you a treat

The Nanaimo bar is a dessert item of Canadian origin popular across North America. It is a bar cookie which requires no baking and is named after the west coast city of Nanaimo, British Columbia. It consists of a wafer crumb-based layer topped by a layer of light vanilla or custard flavoured butter icing which is covered with melted chocolate made from chocolate squares. Many varieties exist, consisting of different types of crumb with different flavours of icing (e.g., mint, peanut butter) and different types of chocolate. Two popular variations on the traditional Nanaimo bar involve mint- or mocha-flavoured icing.
Contents

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup white sugar
5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
powder
1 egg, beaten
1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds (optional)

1/2 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons custard powder
2 cups confectioners' sugar

4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet baking
chocolate
2 teaspoons butter
Directions:
In the top of a double boiler, combine 1/2 cup butter, white sugar and cocoa powder. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Beat in the egg, stirring until thick, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in the graham cracker crumbs, coconut and almonds (if you like). Press into the bottom of an ungreased 8x8 inch pan.
For the middle layer, cream together 1/2 cup butter, heavy cream and custard powder until light and fluffy. Mix in the confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over the bottom layer in the pan. Chill to set.
While the second layer is chilling, melt the semisweet chocolate and 2 teaspoons butter together  over low heat. Spread over the chilled bars. Let the chocolate set before cutting into squares.

If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.  ~Michael Jackson

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: message for BT
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 05:03:01 PM »
Dude, that sounds awesome!  I'll do a future video where I prepare and then eat this!  Sounds much better than Marmite.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 05:10:51 PM »
That would  be awesome a good old fashioned  treat from my home land not many people know about i look forward to the video :)
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.  ~Michael Jackson

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 05:17:21 PM »
Ha!  I think this is officially the first time someone has ever initiated recipe trading via one of our forums.  I think we should keep this going!  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 05:20:08 PM »
why not i have a few more if anyone wants them :)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 05:28:13 PM »
I do like to cook, so I'm all about it.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 05:40:30 PM »
 i just opened up a new thread  for the purpose and BT I really hope you do  make that video and like it :)

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 06:48:03 PM »
I have a pretty good roasted red pepper & cheese party dip recipe to contribute to that thread.  Nothing particularly healthy about it, but it's pretty damn tasty.

I actually made it, live, in front of a class of students in a communications course, back at Uni.  At the point in which the 9"x9" (23cm) baking dish was supposed to go in the oven, I totally produced a freshly baked dish of the stuff from an insulated bag, cooking-show style,  and passed it around the class with a box of crackers & those little paper hors d'oeuvres plates.  I'd even arranged ahead of time with the instructor to have a time-slot near the end, when it would have cooled down enough, and my classmates would be hungriest.

After class, I went home, and Lurker & I baked off the one I prepped during class  ;)
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 07:37:22 PM »
I have a pretty good roasted red pepper & cheese party dip recipe to contribute to that thread.  Nothing particularly healthy about it, but it's pretty damn tasty.

I actually made it, live, in front of a class of students in a communications course, back at Uni.  At the point in which the 9"x9" (23cm) baking dish was supposed to go in the oven, I totally produced a freshly baked dish of the stuff from an insulated bag, cooking-show style,  and passed it around the class with a box of crackers & those little paper hors d'oeuvres plates.  I'd even arranged ahead of time with the instructor to have a time-slot near the end, when it would have cooled down enough, and my classmates would be hungriest.

After class, I went home, and Lurker & I baked off the one I prepped during class  ;)

Nice!  I'm loving the sound of this.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.