Author Topic: Multiple Paths  (Read 14199 times)

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
Multiple Paths
« on: June 07, 2012, 09:41:09 AM »
Did you finish all 3 paths?  :)

Also, thanks for your support!  It means a lot to us!
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

rogerxy

• Lackey
  • Liked: 2
  • Serious Guy
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Paths
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 09:49:40 AM »
Hmm, tbh I didn't know there were different paths. When do I get the possibility to choose that?
You can have anything you want if you will give up the belief that you can't have it.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 09:58:13 AM »
A character asks you to do a favor.  You don't have to accept...maybe someone else (or 2 others  ;)) wants you to do something for them as well...
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

rogerxy

• Lackey
  • Serious Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 10:09:17 AM »
Ah, I did help Ian with the beasts head and the oil. It's replay-time then I guess :)
You can have anything you want if you will give up the belief that you can't have it.

rogerxy

• Lackey
  • Serious Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 05:11:04 PM »
Played thru the Magicians path but now stuck on the Brigands path. Have to smelt the teeth but the smith just won't go away  :o

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 05:32:04 PM »
Played thru the Magicians path but now stuck on the Brigands path. Have to smelt the teeth but the smith just won't go away  :o

Yeah, he's annoying, eh?  You need to be sneaky.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Melimo

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 10:02:54 PM »
I'm trying to finish each of the paths but I have got stuck with all of them. These are either very clever puzzles or I'm being a major ditz.

Problem with Brigand - Have the teeth and the tongs but can't figure out how to melt it down.

Problem with Rogue - Got the blood but can't find the oil.

Problem with the Warlock - Got the head but can't obtain the blood. For this I assumed I would have to get back to the town center where the guy was executed but I am unable to get there.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 10:38:00 PM »
I'm trying to finish each of the paths but I have got stuck with all of them. These are either very clever puzzles or I'm being a major ditz.

Problem with Brigand - Have the teeth and the tongs but can't figure out how to melt it down.

You seem to be "stumped"

Problem with Rogue - Got the blood but can't find the oil

A couple choices here...both deal with fish(ing)

Problem with the Warlock - Got the head but can't obtain the blood. For this I assumed I would have to get back to the town center where the guy was executed but I am unable to get there.
What did they do with the dude's head?

Melimo

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 11:03:30 PM »
Thanks for the hints. I have finished all three paths!

rogerxy

• Lackey
  • Serious Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 04:04:59 AM »
Yeah I also finished the paths now, really like the demo! Are there anywhere I can turn to give feedback?

Jerminator

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 04:54:08 AM »
Sure! Just PM Blackthorne and we are sure to get it that way. Makes it easy.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 07:49:28 AM »
Or you are more than welcome to just post on the forums here and we'll have a record of what you say. Sometimes if you list a few things we'll move your thread to the private forums so we can edit and fix things easier, but rest assured it will get looked at.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

rogerxy

• Lackey
  • Serious Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 09:01:15 AM »
First of all, I will list everything I weren't that fond of. That means that I liked everything else, so I don't sound to whiny. :) The graphics, backgrounds and music are great! All in all I think it looks very promising, hence why I am a backer.

Ok, some of my thoughts:

- The language. I guess this is mostly a matter of personal taste but I don't like words like "awesome", "daddy" and similar "new" words in a fantasy game.

- When you have choosen a path and go back to the guy that gave you the quest (Ian, Prospero etc.) it says something like "Don't bother him until you have done what he asked you". I would like that instead of that response the guy tells you what the quest is again. The reason being, the 1st time I for some reason missed what the quest was, and when I tried to talk to the guy again I just got that message. So I had no idea what he wanted me to do.

- I would suggest to put the mug not in front of the bar maid but rather on the side. It was pretty difficult to see and "pixel hunting" is not a fun part of a game such as this.

Agree with me or not but that's my feedback after playing the demo :)

Cheers

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 09:04:46 AM »
Constructive criticism always helps!  Thanks for the support!!

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 10:11:36 AM »
RE: Language, use of vernacular -

This is actually intentional usage - The World of Quest For Infamy exists out of time and place - it is in it's own world, unrelated to the time of our planet and culture.  Perhaps in their world, they had a technological society at one point, but it has been destroyed - and the semi-medieval world that has come about has remnants of its past, especially in language.

There are many secrets in this world, and The Valley of Krasna is just one tiny place in the world!

RE: Talking to the person who sent you on the quest - yeah, that's a good suggestion.  Easily implmented!

RE: Pixel hunting - we tried to keep it to a minimum, but we'll make it easier, no probs.

Bt