Author Topic: Re: TKC post-mortem  (Read 14598 times)

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
Re: Re: TKC post-mortem
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2016, 11:17:35 PM »
You may be slow, but you make up for it in superior Rugby skills. Or are we so bad now that it makes the All Blacks look good?
The ABs are on another level right now... Still The Warriors have just missed the 8 AGAIN. Seriously over them right now, till next season when my expectations rise only to be crushed again

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2016, 03:39:50 AM »
If you do end up signing Foran, and assuming he can keep his head on straight, the Warriors will have that stability in the spine that will produce a good run to the finals and further. Big IF there, I think he'll sign and maybe being away from Sydney will really help him. Can't really have a worse season than the one at Parramatta.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

rugged

• Villain
    • View Profile
Re: TKC post-mortem
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2016, 03:06:25 PM »
While of course I love the idea of Foran, I don't think he will fix our problems. We have a lame forward pack and consequently play props on the wing and then get surprised when teams score off simple kicks behind our prop wings.

We don't have an angry forward in the whole pack and while our three back rowers are fine players (hoffman, mannering and thompson) they are severely out of balance and don't have an offload, aggression or footwork between them.

The adventure genre has shown more life in the last 5 years than the hapless Warriors

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2016, 08:08:46 PM »
I've thought this year the biggest issue was game management, nobody seems to know when and where to make the right plays, that's why I thought Foran would be a good fit.

I think the finals are going to be wide open this year. The only team that's faltering a bit at the moment is the Bulldogs, the Sharks seem to have found some form again last weekend and the Broncos / Cowboys have both started winning again at the right time. That said, I wouldn't write off any of the 8 from knocking out anyone else. Except the Tigers if they make it.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

rugged

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2016, 09:42:17 PM »
Agree the finals should be a ripper this year.

You are right with good game management we would have on a couple more and prob be in the 8, but to be a top 6 or top 4 club we need some forwards. If RTS and Luke are fit for the year we can live without foran  but we can't live without a beast

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 01:45:22 AM »
Hi all,

Hey a status update on Roehm to Ruin/ Fortress of Fire would be appreciated.  Perhaps the future of IQ is in doubt, however I am wondering about Roehm to Ruin?/FOF?  Bueller, Bueller, Anyone????   Chadly.
**********Chadly*********************

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2016, 08:49:01 AM »
Hi all,

Hey a status update on Roehm to Ruin/ Fortress of Fire would be appreciated.  Perhaps the future of IQ is in doubt, however I am wondering about Roehm to Ruin?/FOF?  Bueller, Bueller, Anyone????   Chadly.

Kind of piggy-backing on Chadly's questions, IIRC IQ said in recent interviews that they wanted to be part of the Humble Bundle scene as the only way to sell IQ games in that manner -- no "1,000 games/pay only $1.99!" type of deals.

Now that you have been part of one, was it worthwhile?  Are you pleased with the result?  Does it change the outlook for the future of IQ?
(Not looking for sales numbers or amount of money taken in, just how the experience went...)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2016, 11:06:43 PM »
Roehm to Ruin is almost complete, basically a bit of testing and some voices to put into it and she'll be complete. FoF is still being worked on - it's a slow process, don't expect in any hurry.

With the bundle situation, yes we were in a bundle but it wasn't a "bundle" bundle, if that makes sense. We basically bundled our two games together for a sale, it wasn't a Humble Bundle with a dozen different titles from different publishers. So all the money from it came to us and wasn't split a dozen different ways. The sale went ok, we sold a few copies. Nothing exceptional and even adding in those numbers the sales for OOTT have been very poor. (That's actually one of the reasons for the slow work on FoF. It's hard to be motivated to do another OOTT game when the first one didn't splash. So it's a matter of changing things up a bit without compromising the existing mythology we've built).

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 09:47:34 AM »
Thanks for the clarification and update, Klytos.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2016, 10:03:39 AM »
No probs my man.